• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sarah Palin: Bad Choice?

• Members

Have you seen that now the election is over the McCain staffers are beginning to speak out on the selection of Palin and how she was during the campaign?

Fox News has been reporting on this. It seems hardly anyone other than McCain wanted to select Palin, and he only wanted to select her in order to stir things up and go for a "hail Mary". According to staffers, she didn't meet the requirements that had been set forth but McCain decided to risk it all just to go for the maverick, shock and change value.

McCain staffers say Palin was so uninformed on things that she didn't know Africa was a continent (she thought it was just a group of countries) and she didn't know who made up the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)...(Canada, United States, Mexico).

Prior to the Katie Couric interview that ended in disaster Palin refused to be prepped. The questions she was asked were among the ones she would have been prepped for, but she refused the prep and when the questions were asked she didn't know the answers.

Fox News did a check back into the general election campaign to see when Obama's numbers really started going up and found it occured the day after the Palin's poor performance in the Couric interview.

Fox News also reported that more McCain staffers will be speaking out about this soon now that the campaign is over.

Among other things, they say Palin has a bad temper and was overly emotional.

It might be interesting to see how this plays out since she would like to ride this VP nomination onto larger things and some in the Repub Party would like to make her a key figure.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

isn't a contintent a group of countries? (I know it is land mass)

like Europe (England, Italy, France, etc?)

Palin probably just forgotten what she learned in school as lot of people do. I am sure she have dealt with contintent with her children before (helping with their homework, I just did)

Palin did not do anything wrong. Republican did.. and have been since I don't know, since the democrat took control of the house. They were losing their supporters.

I think his campaign were terrible anyway.. I mean, look what they are doing to Palin now. :roll

• Members

A continent is a land mass, with or without countries...Australia and Antarctica for example.

I knew a former policeman who argued with me for days stating that Africa was a country in Asia! I finally had to bring a map and show the guy where Asia was and where Africa was and what they are called. Even then, since the Middle East "connects" Asia and Africa he refused to believe Africa was a continent and not a country.

With regards to Palin, in her position (and especially for someone running for VP) she should have known the continents and absolutely should have known who formed NAFTA; as well as other things that have been mentioned which she didn't know.

I disagree that Palin cost McCain the election (as some are insinuating). While it's possible that if she had prepped and done well during the Katie Couric interview their chances would have been better, it's highly unlikely it would have been enough to win. The tide was against any Republican for president this time around and even more-so against any Republican so closely associated with Bush and not offering any real alternative. Had McCain chose one of the other contenders for his VP I don't believe that would have made him any more likely to win as they were all lackluster.

• Members

There's been a battle between Conservatives and RINOs for quite a while now. Bush and McCain are borderline RINOs so it's not surprising that McCains people would be as well. RINOs think they are the real Conservatives and people like Palin are the pretenders. McCain lost because he wasn't offering enough of a difference between the DNC.

• Members

McCain had nothing knew to offer. He even boasted (early on) how he had supported Bush 90% of the time. He never offered any reason for anyone to believe he would be any different than Bush. Hard to win an election for president when you are running as a president with only a 25% approval rating.

Newt Gingrich isn't the right man for the job. Doesn't anyone remember the Newt fiasco during the Clinton years?

• Members

We have to remember that Palin was not pulled off the streets...she is a Governor, and plenty of Governors go on to run for President. She isn't an imbecile.

Ok so Palin has a bad temper. Obama has bad everything! McCain has no personality! How is this Palin's fault? Palin got McCain conservative votes he would not have otherwise gained. They are using her now as a scapegoat...an excuse for losing.

Anyway, interviews were setups. Liberal media never put forth fair questions.

• Members
In a year that the Dems were suppose to wipe the floor with the Repubs they sure had a much closer race than they ever thought.............I'm surprised McCain did as well as he did.

And we have no clue, with all the early and absentee voting (i.e. fraud), if the race would have been even closer...at least the popular vote.

• Members

To answer you, Yes....Sarah Palin was a bad choice. Not because she was lacking in her own right; but because John McCain picked someone who was not an equal shark to the Washington crowd. In short, she was naive and idealistic..........it was inevitable that the great political machine would chew her up and spit her out.

In essence, we have helped in the making of a self-fulfilling prophecy! Yes, all of us...by the virtue of refusing to get involved saying, "Only the corrupt and unrighteous are involved in public service and politics" and thus leaving it to the corrupt and unrighteous to run things...................shame on me; shame on us!

• Members
To answer you, Yes....Sarah Palin was a bad choice. Not because she was lacking in her own right; but because John McCain picked someone who was not an equal shark to the Washington crowd. In short, she was naive and idealistic..........it was inevitable that the great political machine would chew her up and spit her out.
equal to
Nobody like an average, small town mom

people sure are stuck up.