• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sarah Palin: Bad Choice?

me too candlelights' date=' I support prolife so much that I want lots of black babies to be born. Now there are some KKK people who say they only support abortion for blacks, but they are against murder on white :roll (I believe NYT reported this)[/quote']

Thank you, Angie. It isn't about being racial. LOL. Tank is just on a roll again. This seems to happen every Friday night with him. I just take the issue to prayer. The whole thing about Muslims...goodness gracious. I live in one of the most highly populated Muslim areas around. One of my best friends growing up had the last name of Hitti. Her family was straight from Lebanon. My high school was filled with Muslim students. I went to college with the Muslims. I taught Muslims. I live around Muslims. And, I am friendly to them. I reach out to every nation, tribe, and tongue in the world. My son has 2 Muslim friends. However, I WILL not support the killing of an innocent life...period!!! Babies are so precious.

Some people need to do a FULL research on Roe v. Wade.

American Family Association is a wonderful Organization. Are you familiar with it?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well' date=' I don't think we have to worry about Obama killing Jews considering he just appointed one to be the White House Chief of Staff. lol[/quote']

I have been aware of that before it was HOT off the press...kevin. LOL right back at ya.

• Members

"It was during this time of the early 20th Century that Rockefeller introduced Margaret Sanger to the monied elite who would help her form the Birth Control League which would later become Planned Parenthood. The November 1921 issue of Sanger?s BIRTH CONTROL REVIEW carried the heading ?Birth Control: To Create A Race of Thoroughbreds,? and Sanger would later advocate eugenically limiting ?dysgenic stocks? such as blacks, Hispanics, American Indians and Catholics, as well as ?slum dwellers? such as Jewish immigrants."

From the article "EUGENICS" By Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Cuddy/dennis141.htm

"It was during this time of the early 20th Century that Rockefeller introduced Margaret Sanger to the monied elite who would help her form the Birth Control League which would later become Planned Parenthood. The November 1921 issue of Sanger?s BIRTH CONTROL REVIEW carried the heading ?Birth Control: To Create A Race of Thoroughbreds,? and Sanger would later advocate eugenically limiting ?dysgenic stocks? such as blacks, Hispanics, American Indians and Catholics, as well as ?slum dwellers? such as Jewish immigrants."

From the article "EUGENICS" By Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Cuddy/dennis141.htm

:goodpost: John. Now, I had know idea that extent of ALL of this. Unbelievable. :puzzled: The mounds of information (out there) that the public has know clue about. That is indeed very sad. :sad

• Members

Why are you a Christian exactly? Or are you an infidel?

Wow. That is all I can say.

Why am I a Christian? Well I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with politics. I am a Christian because Jesus called me to be his follower, and I answered that call. Whatever that has to do with politics, I have no earthly idea.

Call me an infidel if you like. I'm just saying there are many on here who are way off base. I stand by my claim that claiming Obama is like Hitler or the antichrist and spreading irrational fear about are new President elect is a sin. Plain and simple. The Bible tells us not to gossip, and that is precisely what is going on with these rumors. Gossip is spreading unsubstantiated rumors about someone for the purpose of hurting them. Comparing Obama to Hitler is just that.

And someone asked if I was a tree hugger. I don't know how you define that, but the Bible clearly tells us that it is our responsibility to take care of our planet. I eat food grown locally, I buy mostly organic, I ride my bicycle whenever possible, I limit my driving as much as possible, use cloth or compostable diapers for our baby, I believe in global warming and in man's contribution to it, I think it is our responsibilty given by God to care for our planet so that future generations can enjoy it. If that makes me a tree hugger, then so be it.

As far as Obama wanting to kill babies, that is just silly. He voted neither for nor against that bill because it was a set up. Illinois law already mandates that doctors give treatment to babies. Why do they need another law stating what the law already requires? That is why I voted against the Constitutional amendment in Arkansas a couple years ago defining marriage between one man and one woman....our state law already did that, so this ignorant Constitutional amendment is merely a publicity stunt. Obama does not want to kill babies. Give me a break. I understand why people would vote against him because he is pro-choice....I am pro-life and that is an area I disagree with him. However, it does not matter who the President is, the law is not changing in that area. However, I understand why others disagree with me. That is a good reason to vote against him, but there are many good reasons to vote for him as well. There are many good reasons to vote for McCain.

Politicians do not change the hearts of people. Only Christ can. Abortion is not going to change, no matter who is President, until the hearts and minds of people are changed by Jesus Christ. It is our job as Christians to preach Christ and his love. It is not our job to spread hatred, fear and gossip about people, whether it be people in our church or politicians....that is sin....just as sinful as engaging in gay sex. I stand by that, and say that many of you are spreading mallicious gossip and hate claiming that Obama is like Hitler or other completely false rumors. If I have done the same about other candidates, then I am sorry. I try hard not to get drawn in to the falsities going around.

• Members

K-O-B,

Here is something you may or may not find interesting. It's entirely possible that you are so pro-Obama that it will not mean anything at all to you. If you care to check the record you'll see that this is not phony propaganda, but does indeed make Obama look just like Hitler.

Why Obama Really Voted For Infanticide
More important to protect abortion doctors than ?that fetus, or child ? however way you want to describe it.?

By Andrew C. McCarthy

There wasn?t any question about what was happening. The abortions were going wrong. The babies weren?t cooperating. They wouldn?t die as planned. Or, as Illinois state senator Barack Obama so touchingly put it, there was ?movement or some indication that, in fact, they?re not just coming out limp and dead.?

No, Senator. They wouldn?t go along with the program. They wouldn?t just come out limp and dead.

They were coming out alive. Born alive. Babies. Vulnerable human beings Obama, in his detached pomposity, might otherwise include among ?the least of my brothers.? But of course, an abortion extremist can?t very well be invoking Saint Matthew, can he? So, for Obama, the shunning of these least of our brothers and sisters ? millions of them ? is somehow not among America?s greatest moral failings.

? Keep reading this article ?

Steyn: The Death of the American Idea

Barone: Triumph of Temperament, Not Policy

Interview: Meet Joe the Plumber

Skelly: Radical Secularism, Militant Islamism

Whittle: A Flag, on a Hill

Owens: Ripley at the Bridge

Boyles: At Long Last Love

Goldberg: Progressivism's Achilles Heel

Editors: Marriage Endures

Duncan: Marriage Moves Voters

Charen: Racial Psychodrama

Krauthammer: A Political Postmortem

Lowry: Center Holds

Interview: Pro-Life Causes Live On

Malkin: Cowards

Parker: Postscript

No. In Obama?s hardball, hard-Left world, these least become ?that fetus, or child ? however you want to describe it.?

Most of us, of course, opt for ?child,? particularly when the ?it? is born and living and breathing and in need of our help. Particularly when the ?it? is clinging not to guns or religion but to life.

But not Barack Obama. As an Illinois state senator, he voted to permit infanticide. And now, running for president, he banks on media adulation to insulate him from his past.

The record, however, doesn?t lie.

Infanticide is a bracing word. But in this context, it?s the only word that fits. Obama heard the testimony of a nurse, Jill Stanek. She recounted how she?d spent 45 minutes holding a living baby left to die.

The child had lacked the good grace to expire as planned in an induced-labor abortion ? one in which an abortionist artificially induces labor with the expectation that the underdeveloped ?fetus, or child ? however you want to describe it? will not survive the delivery.

Stanek encountered another nurse carrying the child to a ?soiled utility room? where it would be left to die. It wasn?t that unusual. The induced-labor method was used for late-term abortions. Many of the babies were strong enough to survive the delivery. At least for a time.

So something had to be done with them. They couldn?t be left out in the open, struggling in the presence of fellow human beings. After all, those fellow human beings ? health-care providers ? would then be forced to confront the inconvenient question of why they were standing idly by. That would hold a mirror up to the whole grisly business.

Better the utility room. Alone, out of sight and out of mind. Next case.

Stanek?s account enraged the public and shamed into silence most of the country?s staunchest pro-abortion activists. Most, not all. Not Barack Obama.

My friend Hadley Arkes ingeniously argued that legislatures, including Congress, should take up ?Born Alive? legislation: laws making explicit what decency already made undeniable: that from the moment of birth ? from the moment one is expelled or extracted alive from the birth canal ? a human being is entitled to all the protections the law accords to living persons.

Such laws were enacted by overwhelming margins. In the United States Congress, even such pro-abortion activists as Sen. Barbara Boxer went along.

But not Barack Obama. In the Illinois senate, he opposed Born-Alive tooth and nail.

The shocking extremism of that position ? giving infanticide the nod over compassion and life ? is profoundly embarrassing to him now. So he has lied about what he did. He has offered various conflicting explanations, ranging from the assertion that he didn?t oppose the anti-infanticide legislation (he did), to the assertion that he opposed it because it didn?t contain a superfluous clause reaffirming abortion rights (it did), to the assertion that it was unnecessary because Illinois law already protected the children of botched abortions (it didn?t ? and even if it arguably did, why oppose a clarification?).

What Obama hasn?t offered, however, is the rationalization he vigorously posited during the 2002 Illinois senate debate.

When it got down to brass tacks, Barack Obama argued that protecting abortion doctors from legal liability was more important than protecting living infants from death.

Don?t take my word for it. There?s a transcript of a state senate debate, which took place on April 4, 2002. That transcript is available here (the pertinent section runs from pages 31 to 34). I quote it extensively below (italics mine). After being recognized, Obama challenged the Born-Alive bill?s sponsor as follows:

OBAMA: Yeah. Just along the same lines. Obviously, this is an issue that we?ve debated extensively both in committee an on the floor so I ? you know, I don?t want to belabor it. But I did want to point out, as I understood it, during the course of the discussion in committee, one of the things that we were concerned about, or at least I expressed some concern about, was what impact this would have with respect to the relationship between the doctor and the patient and what liabilities the doctor might have in this situation. So, can you just describe for me, under this legislation, what?s going to be required for a doctor to meet the requirements you?ve set forth?

SENATOR O?MALLEY: First of all, there is established, under this legislation, that a child born under such circumstances would receive all reasonable measures consistent with good medical practice, and that?s as defined, of course, by the ? practice of medicine in the community where this would occur. It also requires, in two instances, that ? an attending physician be brought in to assist and advise with respect to the issue of viability and, in particular, where ? there?s a suspicion on behalf of the physician that the child ? may be [viable,] ? the attending physician would make that determination as to whether that would be the case?. The other one is where the child is actually born alive ? in which case, then, the physician would call as soon as practically possible for a second physician to come in and determine the viability.

SENATOR OBAMA: So ? and again, I?m ? I?m not going to prolong this, but I just want to be clear because I think this was the source of the objections of the Medical Society. As I understand it, this puts the burden on the attending physician who has determined, since they were performing this procedure, that, in fact, this is a nonviable fetus; that if that fetus, or child ? however way you want to describe it ? is now outside the mother?s womb and the doctor continues to think that it?s nonviable but there?s, let?s say, movement or some indication that, in fact, they?re not just coming out limp and dead, that, in fact, they would then have to call a second physician to monitor and check off and make sure that this is not a live child that could be saved. Is that correct?

SENATOR O?MALLEY: In the first instance, obviously the physician that is performing the procedure would make the determination. The second situation is where the child actually is born and is alive, and then there?s an assessment ? an independent assessment of viability by ? another physician at the soonest practical ? time.

SENATOR OBAMA: Let me just go to the bill, very quickly. Essentially, I think as ? as this emerged during debate and during committee, the only plausible rationale, to my mind, for this legislation would be if you had a suspicion that a doctor, the attending physician, who has made an assessment that this is a nonviable fetus and that, let?s say for the purpose of the mother?s health, is being ? that ? that ? labor is being induced, that that physician (a) is going to make the wrong assessment and (B) if the physician discovered, after the labor had been induced, that, in fact, he made an error, or she made an error, and, in fact, that this was not a nonviable fetus but, in fact, a live child, that that physician, of his own accord or her own accord, would not try to exercise the sort of medical measures and practices that would be involved in saving that child. Now, it ? if you think there are possibilities that doctors would not do that, then maybe this bill makes sense, but I ? I suspect and my impression is, is that the Medical Society suspects as well that doctors feel that they would be under that obligation, that they would already be making these determinations and that, essentially, adding a ? an additional doctor who then has to be called in an emergency situation to come in and make these assessments is really designed simply to burden the original decision of the woman and the physician to induce labor and perform an abortion. Now, if that?s the case ? and ? and I know that some of us feel very strongly one way or another on that issue ? that?s fine, but I think it?s important to understand that this issue ultimately is about abortion and not live births. Because if these are children who are being born alive, I, at least, have confidence that a doctor who is in that room is going to make sure that they?re looked after.

This is staggering. As Obama spoke these words, he well knew that children were being born alive but precisely not looked after by the abortion doctors whose water the senator was carrying. As Stanek put it, as many as one in five ? twenty percent ? were left to die. That was what prompted the legislation in the first place.

Through Obama?s radical prism, everything ?is about abortion and not live births.? But in reality, this had nothing to do with ?burden[ing] the original decision of the woman and the physician to induce labor and perform an abortion.? It was about the legal and moral responsibilities of doctors and nurses in circumstances where, despite that decision, a living human being was delivered.

Obama wasn?t worried about ?the least of my brothers,? the child. He agitated, instead, over ?what liabilities the doctor might have in this situation.? And what kind of doctor? A charlatan who would somehow ?continue to think that it?s nonviable? notwithstanding that ?there?s, let?s say, movement or some indication that, in fact, they?re not just coming out limp and dead.?

Given the choice between the charlatan and ?that fetus, or child ? however you want to describe it,? Barack Obama went with the charlatan. The baby would end up limp and dead, whether in the operating room or the utility closet. It was, Obama insisted, about abortion, not live births.

? Andrew C. McCarthy is NR?s legal-affairs editor and the author of Willful Blindness: A Memoir of the Jihad.

Wow. That is all I can say.

Why am I a Christian? Well I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with politics. I am a Christian because Jesus called me to be his follower, and I answered that call. Whatever that has to do with politics, I have no earthly idea.

Call me an infidel if you like. I'm just saying there are many on here who are way off base. I stand by my claim that claiming Obama is like Hitler or the antichrist and spreading irrational fear about are new President elect is a sin. Plain and simple. The Bible tells us not to gossip, and that is precisely what is going on with these rumors. Gossip is spreading unsubstantiated rumors about someone for the purpose of hurting them. Comparing Obama to Hitler is just that.

And someone asked if I was a tree hugger. I don't know how you define that, but the Bible clearly tells us that it is our responsibility to take care of our planet. I eat food grown locally, I buy mostly organic, I ride my bicycle whenever possible, I limit my driving as much as possible, use cloth or compostable diapers for our baby, I believe in global warming and in man's contribution to it, I think it is our responsibilty given by God to care for our planet so that future generations can enjoy it. If that makes me a tree hugger, then so be it.

As far as Obama wanting to kill babies, that is just silly. He voted neither for nor against that bill because it was a set up. Illinois law already mandates that doctors give treatment to babies. Why do they need another law stating what the law already requires? That is why I voted against the Constitutional amendment in Arkansas a couple years ago defining marriage between one man and one woman....our state law already did that, so this ignorant Constitutional amendment is merely a publicity stunt. Obama does not want to kill babies. Give me a break. I understand why people would vote against him because he is pro-choice....I am pro-life and that is an area I disagree with him. However, it does not matter who the President is, the law is not changing in that area. However, I understand why others disagree with me. That is a good reason to vote against him, but there are many good reasons to vote for him as well. There are many good reasons to vote for McCain.

Politicians do not change the hearts of people. Only Christ can. Abortion is not going to change, no matter who is President, until the hearts and minds of people are changed by Jesus Christ. It is our job as Christians to preach Christ and his love. It is not our job to spread hatred, fear and gossip about people, whether it be people in our church or politicians....that is sin....just as sinful as engaging in gay sex. I stand by that, and say that many of you are spreading mallicious gossip and hate claiming that Obama is like Hitler or other completely false rumors. If I have done the same about other candidates, then I am sorry. I try hard not to get drawn in to the falsities going around.

It is hard to find Liberal Christians where I live...is ALL that I can say. Although, I do know a few. :sad Yes..."politicians do not change the hearts of people. Only Christ can." Religion and politics do go hand in hand, though. So, as the joke goes..."No wonder my parents never talked politics at the dinner table" applies here.

I apologize to you kind. I was upset last night over this whole thing. Yes..."And this too shall pass"...as it is said. I just get soooo VERY tired of Liberals trying to bring down Conservatives all the time. EVERYTHING is all NOT of our fault in the political realm.

BTW, the trickle effect on presidents is always 6-8 years behind. Obama will "shine like a penny" on GWB's administration."

Again...I value human life...immensely. Babies and children are great gifts from God as you know. :-)

• Members

I felt the same way about hate crime bill. Why add a bill when we already have a law against threats and such?

• Members

I completely agree. No reason to punish thought when the action is punishable.

in some cases, thoughts is determined why a person is killed. If one died because of self -defense , then police have to consider the reason they killed the person.

Otherwise, the police would just see as self-defense is murder. Again, stuffs like this is already the law. They just want to make it more punishable if the killing was involve in hatred because of the person's disability, race, religion, etc (just like how some murders is more punishable than others). But I think just about every murder is hate.

• Members

Of course...every crime, except in self defense (which isn't crime) is out of hate. So it shouldn't matter color or anything else, its all hate, its all crime, its all punishable. And the punishment should NOT be worse just because its against color or sexual discrimination. If someone kills someone else, its because they are hating that person for whatever reason...the reason shouldn't matter. It should all carry a stiff penalty.

Infanticide is a bracing word. But in this context, it?s the only word that fits. Obama heard the testimony of a nurse, Jill Stanek. She recounted how she?d spent 45 minutes holding a living baby left to die.

I can't even imagine being a nurse. :sad I am so glad I was a teacher. :smile

I just couldn't handle any of that...no way!!!

• Members

Anyone who knowingly does not stand against abortion is a murderer. the thing is Obama knowingly stands for murdering babies.

As I understand it, he is for an aborted baby who is living to be left to die, that is plain and simple murder to support that, and its murder for anyone who will lay an aborted baby to the side who can help that baby live, them walk away and leave it to die.

Knowingly supporting, votes for, someone who stands for murdering babies, abortion, are guilty of murdering babies.

Most all of the democrat politicians are guilty of this, for nearly everyone of them supported Obama who is for murdering babies.

I understand there are those who do not like this truth, but what they dislike is accountability for their actions.

You better believe we who are Christians will be held accountable to God, the day of accountably is coming.

• Members
Anyone who knowingly does not stand against abortion is a murderer. the thing is Obama knowingly stands for murdering babies.

As I understand it, he is for an aborted baby who is living to be left to die, that is plain and simple murder to support that, and its murder for anyone who will lay an aborted baby to the side who can help that baby live, them walk away and leave it to die.

Knowingly supporting, votes for, someone who stands for murdering babies, abortion, are guilty of murdering babies.

Most all of the democrat politicians are guilty of this, for nearly everyone of them supported Obama who is for murdering babies.

I understand there are those who do not like this truth, but what they dislike is accountability for their actions.

You better believe we who are Christians will be held accountable to God, the day of accountably is coming.

:goodpost: That's the truth Jerry! :thumb