• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sarah Palin: Bad Choice?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Saying he is like Hitler, the anti-christ, is Muslim, is a terrorist, etc. is nothing but gossip, no matter how you frame it. There is not one shred of credible evidence for any of this garbage.

k-o-b, are you actually unaware of Obama's four-times vote to have babies murdered that survived an abortion. He wants them murdered/killed anyway. They take the living babies to a dirty linen room and let them whimper and die.

That is totally grizzly and it is indeed your OBAMA!!!!!

k-o-b, are you actually unaware of Obama's four-times vote to have babies murdered that survived an abortion. He wants them murdered/killed anyway. They take the living babies to a dirty linen room and let them whimper and die.

That is totally grizzly and it is indeed your OBAMA!!!!!

PE...I really do wonder? trc... pegged it from the beginning when he said "maybe that is why you are kindofblue?"

I just truly indeed scratch my head and do NOT understand this type of mentality. :uuhm: Christian? I dunno.

• Members

Palin denounces her critics as cowardly

NCHORAGE, Alaska ? Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called her critics cowards and jerks Friday for deriding her anonymously and insisted she never asked for the expensive wardrobe purchased for her use on the presidential campaign.

"I never asked for anything more than a Diet Dr. Pepper once in a while," Palin said as she returned to the governor's office from her two-month odyssey as the GOP vice presidential nominee. She said the Republican National Committee paid for the tens of thousands of dollars in designer clothes and accessories.

"Those are the RNC's clothes. They're not my clothes. I never forced anybody to buy anything," she said.

Republican Party lawyers are still trying to determine exactly what clothing was purchased for Palin at such high-end stores as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, what was returned and what has become of the rest.

She particularly lashed out at the anonymous Republican campaign sources cited in a Fox News report who said she did not know Africa was a continent, not a country, and could not name the three countries in the North American Free Trade Agreement ? Canada, the United States and Mexico.

"I consider it cowardly" that they did not allow their names to be used, she said.

Palin said those allegations aren't true. She recalled discussing Africa and NAFTA with aides who prepared her for the vice presidential debate with Democrat Joe Biden.

"If there are allegations based on questions or comments that I made in debate prep about NAFTA, and about the continent vs. the country when we talk about Africa there, then those were taken out of context," she said. "That's cruel, It's mean-spirited. It's immature. It's unprofessional and those guys are jerks if they came away with it, taking things out of context and then tried to spread something on national news. It's not fair, and it's not right."

Palin also said she would not call on Sen. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, to resign, although last month, before his re-election bid, she said he should "step aside" and "play a very statesmanlike role in this now." Stevens, 84, was found guilty on seven counts of trying to hide more than $250,000 in free home renovations and other gifts that he received from a wealthy oil contractor.

Three days after the election, Stevens, the longest serving Republican in Senate history, is about 3,500 votes ahead of Democratic challenger Mark Begich with thousands of absentee ballots to be counted in the next two weeks.

Said Palin on Friday: "The Alaska voters have spoken and me not being a dictator, won't be telling anyone what to do."

When asked if she would call on him to resign, Palin said: "Not after the will of the people has been made manifest via that vote."

Meanwhile, RNC lawyers are discussing with Palin whether what's left of the clothing and accessories purchased for her on the campaign trail will go to charity, back to stores or be paid for by Palin, a McCain-Palin campaign official said Friday, speaking on condition of anonymity because the campaign hadn't authorized comment.

The sorting should be completed in the next four or five days, the campaign official said, declining to say whether the RNC was sending anyone to Alaska to help take inventory.

The RNC spent at least $150,000 on designer clothing, accessories and beauty services for Palin after she became John McCain's running mate in September. The spending included $75,062 at Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis; $49,425 at Saks Fifth Avenue; $9,447 at Macy's; and $789 at the luxury retailer Barneys New York. Some of the purchases were for Palin family members, such as $4,902 spent at upscale men's clothier Atelier and $92 at Pacifier, a Minneapolis baby boutique.

The McCain-Palin campaign said about a third of the clothing was returned immediately because it was the wrong size, or for other reasons. However, other purchases were apparently made after that, the campaign official said.

The spending drew a complaint against Palin and the RNC by a Washington government watchdog group. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission accusing Palin and the GOP of violating a federal ban on the use of campaign funds for personal expenses such as clothing.

The RNC didn't respond to repeated requests by The Associated Press for comment Friday.

It's routine for candidates to get professional hair and makeup services at campaign expense before they go on camera, but Palin's shopping spree at GOP donors' expense is unusual. It contrasted with the down-to-earth "hockey mom" image that Palin sought to craft and gave the campaign unwanted publicity in the form of newspaper headlines, Internet chatter and comedians' jokes.

FEC spokesman Bob Biersack declined to comment on the spending beyond confirming that the commission has received CREW's complaint.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081108/ap_ ... n_clothing

Excellent article, John. :goodpost: One of the biggest culprits in the USA in the media. I was so so tired---of those low down, dirty, filthy--- LIBERAL media people that made SP out to be a dumb, greedy person. I never even once cared about the money for the cost of her wardrobe...I just figured THEY were dressing her for the part. I mean...who really cares, but obnoxious people that make a big deal out of it? We ALL know who those people are in the country. :roll

Fear is in the hearts of these wicked people because they are enemies of the cross.

As Pastor Jerry said...the wicked just can't help themselves. It is sad.

• Members

I find it hard to believe that Palin is the ONLY woman in politics who paid alot of money for clothes. Duh. Don't ALL politicians wear expensive brand names?
:loco

I wonder how much the Obamas spent on their clothes just for the victory party alone??? Oh yeah...he had terrorists sending HIM money so he doesn't answer for any of it. :roll

• Members
I find it hard to believe that Palin is the ONLY woman in politics who paid alot of money for clothes. Duh. Don't ALL politicians wear expensive brand names?
:loco

I wonder how much the Obamas spent on their clothes just for the victory party alone??? Oh yeah...he had terrorists sending HIM money so he doesn't answer for any of it. :roll

I've only read one report on this, and it was before all this current mess started, and in that report it was stated her clothes were not purchased by herself but by campaign workers and those clothes were later donated to charity.

• Members

I've only read one report on this, and it was before all this current mess started, and in that report it was stated her clothes were not purchased by herself but by campaign workers and those clothes were later donated to charity.

The entire problem is that Obama can spend his money as he likes, and McCain had only government funds.

Probably what happened is someone told Palin to go pick out nice clothes, and she did...and now they are reneging on that and spouting junk to ruin her.

You know, she really sacrificed her time and her effort and her family, and look what she got in return. If she ever comes back, you know she really loves our country.

• Members

All of these top politicians have their public clothes bought for them in such situations (and others). This isn't unique to Sarah Palin, although the media is painting it as such.

Does anyone believe Obama is wearing hundred dollar JC Penny suits or that he paid for every suit he owns out of his own pocket?

• Members

Obama is a lawyer, he can afford it. I'm not sure about Palin though, even though she is governor, they can still accused her using the state money even if the money is hers to keep (just like we all work for our money). If I was running for a governor or any politicans, I would be afraid to spend on my own salary.

• Members
All of these top politicians have their public clothes bought for them in such situations (and others). This isn't unique to Sarah Palin, although the media is painting it as such.

Does anyone believe Obama is wearing hundred dollar JC Penny suits or that he paid for every suit he owns out of his own pocket?

I think one article I read mentioned that Obama had fancy clothes DONATED to him. Designers often donate nice clothes to stars or rising stars. Evidently nobody liked Palin enough to give her clothes...so she bought some...and now is being raked over the coals.

Don't listen to them though... a recent poll says despite the junk going out about Palin, a vast majority of Republicans REALLY really like her, and over 60% of them will vote for her in 2012 if she runs. About 90% of them have a favorable view of her. So don't pay any attention to the "Drive By Media" as Rush puts it.

This president thing is really showing how big of biggots some of you are. You should read what you post. I thought we were here to let Jesus shine threw not to show how ignorant we are in the flesh? I sent some friends to this site a few months ago and they read through some of the posts and were so disgusted because they felt like it was unchristian to talk the way some of you do about others. I have been keeping quiet because I myself regret some of the things that I have posted. Conviction by the Holy Spirit has led me to believe that some on here are not as right with the Lord as they claim. Why do I say this? Because He lives (check out the hymn) it speaks for itself. Some of you come off as racist in a huge degree. You also discount facts for lies. The other day I read a post about killing someone? My first thought was to pray, my second thought would be to defend my family. I also thought about why nobody wanted to offer this man Christ? You hat Muslims so bad that you would not offer them Christ? Wow WWJD? Some of you are making OB a site for racists to come and bag on the leader GOD chose for our country. Or to promote your hatefull love for mankind. What happened to the people who sho compasion and Love because they were given a free gift of salvation by GOD? When you were lost and considered other things idols above GOD you were nooooo better than someone that believes in allah. Do you all remember how wicked you were? It has been so disheartning to read some of your post lately guys they are not what Jesus would post.