• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John81

Sarah Palin: Bad Choice?

Have you seen that now the election is over the McCain staffers are beginning to speak out on the selection of Palin and how she was during the campaign?

Fox News has been reporting on this. It seems hardly anyone other than McCain wanted to select Palin, and he only wanted to select her in order to stir things up and go for a "hail Mary". According to staffers, she didn't meet the requirements that had been set forth but McCain decided to risk it all just to go for the maverick, shock and change value.

McCain staffers say Palin was so uninformed on things that she didn't know Africa was a continent (she thought it was just a group of countries) and she didn't know who made up the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)...(Canada, United States, Mexico).

Prior to the Katie Couric interview that ended in disaster Palin refused to be prepped. The questions she was asked were among the ones she would have been prepped for, but she refused the prep and when the questions were asked she didn't know the answers.

Fox News did a check back into the general election campaign to see when Obama's numbers really started going up and found it occured the day after the Palin's poor performance in the Couric interview.

Fox News also reported that more McCain staffers will be speaking out about this soon now that the campaign is over.

Among other things, they say Palin has a bad temper and was overly emotional.

It might be interesting to see how this plays out since she would like to ride this VP nomination onto larger things and some in the Repub Party would like to make her a key figure.

isn't a contintent a group of countries? (I know it is land mass)

like Europe (England, Italy, France, etc?)

Palin probably just forgotten what she learned in school as lot of people do. I am sure she have dealt with contintent with her children before (helping with their homework, I just did)

Palin did not do anything wrong. Republican did.. and have been since I don't know, since the democrat took control of the house. They were losing their supporters.

I think his campaign were terrible anyway.. I mean, look what they are doing to Palin now. :roll

A continent is a land mass, with or without countries...Australia and Antarctica for example.

I knew a former policeman who argued with me for days stating that Africa was a country in Asia! I finally had to bring a map and show the guy where Asia was and where Africa was and what they are called. Even then, since the Middle East "connects" Asia and Africa he refused to believe Africa was a continent and not a country.

With regards to Palin, in her position (and especially for someone running for VP) she should have known the continents and absolutely should have known who formed NAFTA; as well as other things that have been mentioned which she didn't know.

I disagree that Palin cost McCain the election (as some are insinuating). While it's possible that if she had prepped and done well during the Katie Couric interview their chances would have been better, it's highly unlikely it would have been enough to win. The tide was against any Republican for president this time around and even more-so against any Republican so closely associated with Bush and not offering any real alternative. Had McCain chose one of the other contenders for his VP I don't believe that would have made him any more likely to win as they were all lackluster.

There's been a battle between Conservatives and RINOs for quite a while now. Bush and McCain are borderline RINOs so it's not surprising that McCains people would be as well. RINOs think they are the real Conservatives and people like Palin are the pretenders. McCain lost because he wasn't offering enough of a difference between the DNC.

McCain had nothing knew to offer. He even boasted (early on) how he had supported Bush 90% of the time. He never offered any reason for anyone to believe he would be any different than Bush. Hard to win an election for president when you are running as a president with only a 25% approval rating.

Newt Gingrich isn't the right man for the job. Doesn't anyone remember the Newt fiasco during the Clinton years?

We have to remember that Palin was not pulled off the streets...she is a Governor, and plenty of Governors go on to run for President. She isn't an imbecile.

Ok so Palin has a bad temper. Obama has bad everything! McCain has no personality! How is this Palin's fault? Palin got McCain conservative votes he would not have otherwise gained. They are using her now as a scapegoat...an excuse for losing.

Anyway, interviews were setups. Liberal media never put forth fair questions.

The way they are treating Palin right now, I don't think I like the republicans. They know how to keep their mouth shut, but they are acting like the media and democrats.. Maybe they are.

In a year that the Dems were suppose to wipe the floor with the Repubs they sure had a much closer race than they ever thought.............I'm surprised McCain did as well as he did.

In a year that the Dems were suppose to wipe the floor with the Repubs they sure had a much closer race than they ever thought.............I'm surprised McCain did as well as he did.

And we have no clue, with all the early and absentee voting (i.e. fraud), if the race would have been even closer...at least the popular vote.

To answer you, Yes....Sarah Palin was a bad choice. Not because she was lacking in her own right; but because John McCain picked someone who was not an equal shark to the Washington crowd. In short, she was naive and idealistic..........it was inevitable that the great political machine would chew her up and spit her out.

In essence, we have helped in the making of a self-fulfilling prophecy! Yes, all of us...by the virtue of refusing to get involved saying, "Only the corrupt and unrighteous are involved in public service and politics" and thus leaving it to the corrupt and unrighteous to run things...................shame on me; shame on us!

To answer you, Yes....Sarah Palin was a bad choice. Not because she was lacking in her own right; but because John McCain picked someone who was not an equal shark to the Washington crowd. In short, she was naive and idealistic..........it was inevitable that the great political machine would chew her up and spit her out.
equal to
Nobody like an average, small town mom

people sure are stuck up.

In essence, we have helped in the making of a self-fulfilling prophecy! Yes, all of us...by the virtue of refusing to get involved saying, "Only the corrupt and unrighteous are involved in public service and politics" and thus leaving it to the corrupt and unrighteous to run things...................shame on me; shame on us!

I didn't see that. She handled herself well, on a personal level, and I don't believe she was chewed up and spit out. Her worst moment was during the Couric interview when she failed to prepare and didn't have the answers needed inside her. Otherwise, she handled the media pretty well and conducted herself well in the debate with Biden.

She may have been somewhat naive with regards to how she would be questioned and what she would be expected to know, but beyond that, I don't know.

I don't see her as idealistic at all. If she were truly idealistic in the areas most seem to claim, she never would have agreed to run for VP with McCain.

She just have a weird way of answering questions

In the Couric interview she simply didn't have the answers, which was her own fault and a problem.

In other interviews, the debate, and Q & A with reporters, one of the problems she had was the fact McCain didn't have anything real to offer so she was limited in what she could say. When she was answering from a position she believed in or had personal knowledge of I thought she did a great job.

Her style is "down home folk", which I like but there are many who don't like that. I tended to enjoy listening to her speak.

If Mcain would have pick one of the phony pro-choice repubs or some neocon Mcain would have been beaten by an even bigger margin. Mcain had nothing different than Chairman Obama to sell. Palin is a real conservative with christian principles hence the wicked hate her. Palin got Mcain more conservatives to vote Mcain. Without her more people would have voted independant. :2cents

If Mcain would have pick one of the phony pro-choice repubs or some neocon Mcain would have been beaten by an even bigger margin. Mcain had nothing different than Chairman Obama to sell. Palin is a real conservative with christian principles hence the wicked hate her. Palin got Mcain more conservatives to vote Mcain. Without her more people would have voted independant. :2cents

I agree that none of the others considered for VP by McCain would have helped him at all. He was running a losing campaign and he had nothing to offer so he had to go for something dramatic. Sarah Palin was indeed a "hail Mary" and under the circumstances that was the the best option to go for.

I wouldn't call Palin a "real conservative", she's not even as conservative as Reagan and he was lacking in some areas. Of course when it comes to Dems, liberals, the media and the wicked in general, anyone who is more conservative than they are is considered to be the enemy and they hate them. Consider how one of their own, who had one of the most liberal voting records, was turned against simply because he took the "conservative" position with regards to the Iraq war (Lieberman). It didn't matter he voted for all their other liberal positions, just the fact he refused to be 100% on their side was enough to cause them to turn on him.

It would have made no difference who McCain picked, he lost it from the beginning.

Remember how divided the republican party was when he won the nomination, did it ever come completely back together. NO. Probably lost voters.

If he had not chosen Palin, that big bump he got, would not have been gotten, actually that was the best thing he had going for his run for president, she surely did not offered much, he is a poorer talker in front of people that President Bush. His speeches at each stop just did not help much, I think Plain's helped much more than his.

Who ever make or tries to make a scrape goat out of Sarah Plain is rightly not much of a person.

In the Couric interview she simply didn't have the answers, which was her own fault and a problem.

In other interviews, the debate, and Q & A with reporters, one of the problems she had was the fact McCain didn't have anything real to offer so she was limited in what she could say. When she was answering from a position she believed in or had personal knowledge of I thought she did a great job.

Her style is "down home folk", which I like but there are many who don't like that. I tended to enjoy listening to her speak.

I think the reason he didn't offer much because republicans did not want more gov't. I would love for him to say "I will lower taxes, and such" but I guess he wasn't going to do much except make sure democrats will not add more gov't programs.

Rush Limbaugh kept pointing out that Conservatives do not want a moderate, they want a conservative. McCain kept running as a moderate bipartisan and it wasn't impressing people. Palin got out there, and campaigned as a conservative, and I believe she got the votes for McCain. Nobody is giving her credit for it, but the conservatives know we probably would not have voted McCain if it were not for Palin.

Palin got a lot of conservative voters in but she probably also turned as many people off. Frankly, she appears rather ignorant, just based on the interview I'm listening to with Couric. She really did make somewhat of a fool out of herself.

This one is kind of funny. She just doesn't get the question. lol
[tube]xRkWebP2Q0Y[/tube]

And then saying things like people are more interested to see what McCain will do than Obama because McCain has more experience doesn't make the slightest bit of sense since people would naturally be more interested to hear what Obama does since he doesn't have a lot of experience. And boy oh boy did she just keep digging a hole trying to defend her "Russia is close and that gives me foreign policy experience" comment.

:roll

so she is SOOO bad that they rather have a democrat as president.

nope, people would either vote for independent or stick with her rather than someone who will add more programs. Or they are really democrats. I like palin because of her policy (not all of them though), not how intelligent she is.

I think it is kinda weird though because she is a reporter herself, she should know how to handle herself in interviews. I think she was just having a hard time concentrating and thinking fast because she got so much on her hands. She just had a down syndrome child..when my mother had us, she cried her eyes out to find out her girls are deaf (found out that both of us deaf at the same time), got in a depression on top of her baby blues. Palin is not going give birth to a down syndrome child and say "Everything is alright". No mother would.