• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Soj

How Many Will Be Saved?

Out of all humanity, from Adam to the Great White Throne judgment, what percentage do you think will make it through to the new heavens and earth?

Last year I was teaching our church a Bible study series on God's future calendar of prophecy, when I started studying the Great White Throne judgment I stumbled across what I believe could be the percentage of saved vs. unsaved throughout 7000 years of human history, it's found in the book of Daniel, a prophesy on the GWT judgment where the lost throughout all time are judged and put into the lake of fire:

Daniel 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. 10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Note there are two groups, one who ministers unto God who I believe are the saved, and one who stands before God who I believe are the unsaved who are being judged.

Saved = thousand thousands = millions (plural so could be a few or more?)
Unsaved = ten thousand times ten thousand = 100 million

If the above is accurate then the ratio could be as low as 2 out of 100 saved, or maybe as high as 5 or 10?

So 2%, 5%, or 10%?

Edited by Soj

Surprisingly fewer than any of us think.  Few will go through the narrow gate, almost all will travel the wide one.

Hi brother, I know the verse you're referring to is Matthew 7, and the contrast is few vs. many, but almost all? Do you have any other verses to support this?

Matthew 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Nothing more than you posted.  The key word is "few".  If you have a bag of apples and eat a few, how many is that?  Two?  If you have a bag of grapes and eat a few, how many is that?  Out of hundreds, five or six?

The world was so wicked that after the first 1700 years there was only Noah who walked with God.  I do not remember whether his sons and his wife and their wives were saved or not.  How many may have gone to heaven before him?  Probably very "few".

How many of the Jews who escaped from Egypt went home to be with the Lord?  All the whining, idol worship, fornicating for forty years.  They were so bad the Lord decided that those over 40 wouldn't see the promised land.  Probably very "few".

Fast forward to America today, people are too busy enjoying themselves to live for Christ.  Then there are those deluded by all the false gospels, modern translations and new evangelicalism.  Of the hundreds that come forward to accept Christ after the rock concert how many genuinely make repentance towards God and accept Christ as Savior instead of an emotionally charged response because of the music?  Probably none!  How many of the Popery who pray to Mary, chant in latin while fingering rosary beads are on the narrow gate?  Probably none!  How many kids who grew up in an IFB church then went off to secular college and live in the world are saved by God's grace?  Probably a "few".

As each New Testament Church falls to Satan, "few"er and "few"er there will be that can be reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved.

Nothing more than you posted.  The key word is "few".  If you have a bag of apples and eat a few, how many is that?  Two?  If you have a bag of grapes and eat a few, how many is that?  Out of hundreds, five or six?

The world was so wicked that after the first 1700 years there was only Noah who walked with God.  I do not remember whether his sons and his wife and their wives were saved or not.  How many may have gone to heaven before him?  Probably very "few".

How many of the Jews who escaped from Egypt went home to be with the Lord?  All the whining, idol worship, fornicating for forty years.  They were so bad the Lord decided that those over 40 wouldn't see the promised land.  Probably very "few".

Fast forward to America today, people are too busy enjoying themselves to live for Christ.  Then there are those deluded by all the false gospels, modern translations and new evangelicalism.  Of the hundreds that come forward to accept Christ after the rock concert how many genuinely make repentance towards God and accept Christ as Savior instead of an emotionally charged response because of the music?  Probably none!  How many of the Popery who pray to Mary, chant in latin while fingering rosary beads are on the narrow gate?  Probably none!  How many kids who grew up in an IFB church then went off to secular college and live in the world are saved by God's grace?  Probably a "few".

As each New Testament Church falls to Satan, "few"er and "few"er there will be that can be reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved.

That's good stuff!

In the bigger scheme of things a "few" of humanity over 7000 years will amount to millions, which is a significant number, so the number of the "many" who have and will perish is truly frightening!

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The amount that came out of Sodom and Gomorrha seems to be a very low percentage, only 4, yet Lots wife looked back

The amount of people that came though the flood, & souls, seems to be a very low percentage of people on earth at that time.

So I don't believe we ought to try to speculate the percentages, put any numbers on it  & always remember, few enter the strait gate to life & many there be that enter the wide gate that leads to destruction, & I believe there many will find out there's much fewer of us that they once thought.

The amount that came out of Sodom and Gomorrha seems to be a very low percentage, only 4, yet Lots wife looked back

The amount of people that came though the flood, & souls, seems to be a very low percentage of people on earth at that time.

I wouldn't use these examples to speculate the percentage of all those who will ever be saved. Your point that few were saved is made, but in these cases God only saved one family so it was much lower than 1%.

I think it's healthy for us to consider the percentages of saved vs unsaved, puts things into perspective, and I know the topic has come up many times during Christian conversation over the years, so it is definately a subject of interest.

I wouldn't use these examples to speculate the percentage of all those who will ever be saved. Your point that few were saved is made, but in these cases God only saved one family so it was much lower than 1%.

I think it's healthy for us to consider the percentages of saved vs unsaved, puts things into perspective, and I know the topic has come up many times during Christian conversation over the years, so it is definately a subject of interest.

If God has wanted us to know the percentages of people that will be saved, He would have given it to us. Being as He did not lets just use the verses He gave on this matter in a proper manner, leaving the rest to Him, & not  be estimating such numbers while not having the information needed to rightly give an accurate estimate.

If God has wanted us to know the percentages of people that will be saved, He would have given it to us. Being as He did not lets just use the verses He gave on this matter in a proper manner, leaving the rest to Him, & not  be estimating such numbers while not having the information needed to rightly give an accurate estimate.

So you are confident that the Bible says nothing more about the subject than we already know? That's a very bold statement.

I'm of the opinion that the Bible has a lifetime of learning in it and that no one man can claim he know's it all. Take that passage I quoted earlier from Daniel, I had never seen that before last year, so I'm confident there's much more treasure in that Book to dig out. You can throw away your shovel if you like, I'm happy to continue the hunt.

Yes, I'm confident, there's other things that are of much more importance that you can spend your time on as a Christian that will be a lot more productive.

Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

We need to use our time wisely, for the days are evil, & Jesus coudl return at any moment.

Yes, I'm confident, there's other things that are of much more importance that you can spend your time on as a Christian that will be a lot more productive.

Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

We need to use our time wisely, for the days are evil, & Jesus coudl return at any moment.

Then feel free to move along to another thread where your time will be better utilised, brother!

I'm just trying to do my work helping brothers & sisters in Christ, & I feel free to stay with it, thanks anyway.

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Hey you only bolded the good works park Jerry, we are supposed to provoke unto love too! So how about it huh, show a little love and let those of us who want to continue to discuss this wonderful subject do so.

The disciples asked Jesus Are there few that be saved?

On a personal level the answer is... it depends.

1. It depends upon the saved to win souls as they should. 

2. It depends upon churches to faithfully preach the gospel.

In the parable of the sower. 1 in 4 responds to the word of God.

Someone said there are 3 things that will be amazing in heaven.

a. It will be amazing how many you thought would be there are not.

b. It will be amazing how many you thought would never be there are.

c. It will be amazing that you are there.

Great OP.  Lets get busy.

God bless,

calvary

The disciples asked Jesus Are there few that be saved?

On a personal level the answer is... it depends.

1. It depends upon the saved to win souls as they should. 

2. It depends upon churches to faithfully preach the gospel.

In the parable of the sower. 1 in 4 responds to the word of God.

Someone said there are 3 things that will be amazing in heaven.

a. It will be amazing how many you thought would be there are not.

b. It will be amazing how many you thought would never be there are.

c. It will be amazing that you are there.

Great OP.  Lets get busy.

God bless,

calvary

Now that's a constructive and edifying post, thank you!

1 out of 4 huh? Bit too high methinks, especially considering how little the Church seems to be soulwinning nowadays, me included!

Hey you only bolded the good works park Jerry, we are supposed to provoke unto love too! So how about it huh, show a little love and let those of us who want to continue to discuss this wonderful subject do so.

So, are you accusing me of leaving the love out? Without love for God & my brothers& sisters, I would not care, & would not waste my time.

So, are you accusing me of leaving the love out? Without love for God & my brothers& sisters, I would not care, & would not waste my time.

From my perspective, sitting here across the other side of the world reading your posts, you do seem to lack love and grace towards others at times. The above post is an example, I don't like to be called an "accuser", there's another entity who has that title and we have little in common!

From my perspective, sitting here across the other side of the world reading your posts, you do seem to lack love and grace towards others at times. The above post is an example, I don't like to be called an "accuser", there's another entity who has that title and we have little in common!

Think on this, what you consider a lack of love of grace towards others is his love for Christ and Truth.  I can attest that the Preacher abounds in love and grace for his fellow man.  It just might not be to your definition!  

Consider this, do I hate my children if I do not spank them when they have done wrong?  Do I love my children when I spank them for doing wrong?  Spankings are mean, right? 

Think on this, what you consider a lack of love of grace towards others is his love for Christ and Truth.  I can attest that the Preacher abounds in love and grace for his fellow man.  It just might not be to your definition!  

I love Christ and Truth as well but don't feel the need to preach to my brethren here, happy to discuss & have friendly debate but preaching across a computer screen often conveys the wrong intention, it requires godly discernment and the right timing.

I'm a veteren on Christian internet forums, have started one myself and been a moderator of another, so know what I'm talking about.

The world population currently stands at something like 7 billion. There are over a billion in China and over a billion in India. There are only guesses as to how many Chinese are Christians, but those guesses factor in Catholics and all "Christians" so are off. Suffice to say, the percentage of born again Christians in China is tiny. The estimates for India are about 2% of the population.

In all of "Christian Europe", only 1% are "evangelical Christians". That vague title means that out of that 1%, it's possible far fewer are actually born again Christians.

That's nearly half the worlds population (China, India, all of Europe) and of that approx. 3 billion people it's likely no more than 1% to 3% are biblical Christians.

Most of Africa and Latin America remains lost, either being RC, some form of pagan, or with no real religion.

While most of America claims to be Christian, just how many of those are actually born again? Surely exceedingly fewer than claim to be Christians! Most Christians I've met over the years have been "worldly Christians", some call them "nominal Christians", either way they are not born again Christians.

Just as America is awash in false gospels, those who witness unbiblically, those who think they are saved only because they said a "sinners prayer", were "born Christian" or were baptized at some time; many missionaries around the world carry these same things to the foreign lands.

At this point, it would seem less than 5% of the world is born again, and it's probably closer to 3%. Now consider how many thousands of years millions of people never heard of the One True God. Consider how many millions of people never heard of Jesus. Consider how many millions heard of a false Jesus, a false gospel.

Indeed, few will be in the kingdom of God.

Read your post, your the one that made the accusation while trying to debate something that you have not the information to prove  the percentages of people that will be saved.

As I said before, just accept God's Word on the matter.

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

There's many that refuse to take God's Word on matter, & generally they will get bent out of shape.

I'm now going to stop commenting in this topic, you only show an interest to not accept God's Word, them make accusations. against those that tries to help you.

Read your post, your the one that made the accusation while trying to debate something that you have not the information to prove  the percentages of people that will be saved.

As I said before, just accept God's Word on the matter.

There's many that refuse to take God's Word on matter, & generally they will get bent out of shape.

I'm now going to stop commenting in this topic, you only show an interest to not accept God's Word, them make accusations. against those that tries to help you.

Well thanks anyway for whatever positive contribution you made to my thread, I must say the tone of your posts are very condescending and not very encouraging at all.

I’m going to make one more post in this topic, but its not directly related to the topic, & its not pointed towards anyone.

In our Christina life their’s issues that are of much importance, & other issues of far less importance. Issues of less importance I try not to spend very much time with them, & those of great importance I will spend quite a bit of time searching the Scripture for answers to them & seeks answers for other respected Christians.

I have found in doing this, with the lesser important issues in the back of my mind, that while I’m reading the Bible, & or searching it tracking down answers to certain issues, that from time to time I will come across Scriptures that answers my less important issues, questions. And I feel there’s others that have studied the Bible over a great number of years has found that is true for them too.

I once I had a Sunday school teachers & it was purely amazing at the thoughts he could come up with reading different Scriptures, or questions he would ask us. I dearly loved this teacher, & for some reason people would study the Bible much more with him being their Sunday school teacher than many other teachers. At his funeral services his nephew who was a Baptist pastor did the funeral services. He mentioned how Brother Clyde could come up with the strangest thoughts, ask the strangest question about different passages in the Bible that no one else would ever give thought to. And when he brought this up I blurted out a big “AMEN” not even giving a thought to it. Brother Wayne pointed to me, and said, “This man knows exactly what I mean, & anyone else does to if they've set in his Sunday school classes as Brother Jerry & I have. He was a great Sunday school teacher.” But he also taught us to pay attention to the important things, & if we did that, sometime down the road the lesser important questions we would come up with would be answered for us, one way or the others.

And this is the point I've been trying to get across. For you see, though the years I had many thoughts come to my mind too, thoughts about lesser important issues than others. And though my studies in the Bible, many of them has been answered. And I think it will go the same with you.

Sometimes we know what we are trying to say, yet we do a poor job of getting it across to others, explaining it in a way they will understand us. And I believe that may have happened here, if so I hope this will help.