• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Eric Stahl

Signs Before Jesus Comes

Paul said if you are a child of the light you should be watching for the signs.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

I don't see any mention of watching for signs in this passage?

For some reason, every Christian I've known who gets caught up in this idea of 'looking for signs' ends up becoming unbalanced in his doctrine and the so called signs become a stumbling block to him. Instead of looking for Jesus and witnessing of Him they dedicate themselves to witnessing end time prophecy and "signs" instead, it becomes a hobby horse to them and that's all they talk about. Eric, is this you??

For some reason, every Christian I've known who gets caught up in this idea of 'looking for signs' ends up becoming unbalanced in his doctrine and the so called signs become a stumbling block to him. Instead of looking for Jesus and witnessing of Him they dedicate themselves to witnessing end time prophecy and "signs" instead, it becomes a hobby horse to them and that's all they talk about. Eric, is this you??

I've seen many fall victim to this. We even had an elderly man who had been in our church for a quarter century who got so caught up in these things be became obsessed. He went so far as to turn to Pastor Hagee's TV shows and books, continually challenged our pastor about end times matters, demanded that our pastor preach only end times stuff (in accord with his viewpoints, of course). Eventually this man left our church for a Charismatic church that is end times obsessed.

Your correct.

Watching for signs, is a big business in this country, in selling books, & receive invitations to speak in churches. Some churches are into the sign watching so much that they spend many of their dollars paying people to come & speak, preach to them about signs.

Mt 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

The Bible is clear, Jesus coming will be at a time we think not, & what we need to do is be about our work God has given us, that in itself will prove our faith in our Lord as Savior & that he will fulfill His promise of coming for us.

Your correct.

Watching for signs, is a big business in this country, in selling books, & receive invitations to speak in churches. Some churches are into the sign watching so much that they spend many of their dollars paying people to come & speak, preach to them about signs.

Mt 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

The Bible is clear, Jesus coming will be at a time we think not, & what we need to do is be about our work God has given us, that in itself will prove our faith in our Lord as Savior & that he will fulfill His promise of coming for us.

True, We are told Christ will return like a thief in the night. No warning signs, no special signs believers will see so they can get ready, no signs to give the lost yet another chance. No, Christ will return like a thief in the night, unannounced and unexpected, at a time unexpected.

This is why time and again, directly and in parables, we are told to be continually about the Father's business, living for Christ so when the sudden and surprising coming of Christ happens we will be found living in faith, not in the sins of the world, the flesh or the devil.

That's not telling us to watch for signs. We already know the Lord could come at any time. The Apostles hoped to see Christ return in their lifetime, as have followers Christ ever since.

What we are called to is watchfulness in our walk with the Lord so we will be found doing the Father's business when Christ returns.

John,

Are you hasting unto the coming of the day of God? You Should! Understanding bible prophecy should motivate you to be diligent.

2 Peter 3:10-14

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Edited by Eric Stahl

Soj & Jerry,

Are you hasting unto the coming of the day of God? You Should! Understanding bible prophecy should motivate you to be diligent.

2 Peter 3:10-14

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

People are given jobs by the Holy Spirit when they are saved.

Edited by Eric Stahl

I'm looking for the blessed hope, not the destruction of the world, that's not going to happen until after the 1000 year reign of Christ on this earth.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

What job do you think the Holy Spirit has given you Eric?

True, We are told Christ will return like a thief in the night. No warning signs, no special signs believers will see so they can get ready, no signs to give the lost yet another chance. No, Christ will return like a thief in the night, unannounced and unexpected, at a time unexpected.

This is why time and again, directly and in parables, we are told to be continually about the Father's business, living for Christ so when the sudden and surprising coming of Christ happens we will be found living in faith, not in the sins of the world, the flesh or the devil.

John you are a child of light you should study prophecy so you are not over taken as a thief.

1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

John you are a child of light you should study prophecy so you are not over taken as a thief.

Edited by Eric Stahl

I've studied prophecy, which is why I know to be ready at all times because Christ said He will return when no one expects Him.

I'm looking for the blessed hope, not the destruction of the world, that's not going to happen until after the 1000 year reign of Christ on this earth.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Amen! The blessed hope that could come at any moment is something to look forward to as we go about doing what Christ commanded us to do until He returns.

Soj,

At the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ, God will loose Saton from hell. He will raise a revolt. When the army of Satan comes to Jerusalem, God will send down fire from heaven and destroy them. The earth is not destroyed Revelation 20:9

Revelation 20:9

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Edited by Eric Stahl

Soj,

At the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ, God will loose Saton from hell. He will raise a revolt. When the army of Satan comes to Jerusalem, God will send down fire from heaven and destroy them. The earth is not destroyed Revelation 20:9

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Erik you were only two verses short! See Rev 20:11 and note the words "the earth and the heaven fled away", that's the destruction of the current heavens and earth after the millennial reign of Christ, which fits with 2 Peter 3:12-13.

Revelation 20:9  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Erik you were only two verses short! See Rev 20:11 and note the words "the earth and the heaven fled away", that's the destruction of the current heavens and earth after the millennial reign of Christ, which fits with 2 Peter 3:12-13.

Revelation 20:9  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Yes the heavens and earth are destroyed by Jesus, but it happens in the day of the Lord or the tribulation period.

Isaiah 25:1-9

1 O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

2 For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.

3 Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.

6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

The heavens and the earth are burned up in the tribulation. Jesus remakes them for the kingdom age.

2 Peter 3:10

Believe what you want to believe Erik, you've got your doctrine wrong.

At the end of the Tribulation is the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to this earth, when he comes back he will lift the current curse and "regenerate" the earth, NOT destroy it!

Matthew 19:28  And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The regeneration lasts for 1000 years while Jesus rules and reigns, at the end the Devil is loosed and causes a final rebellion which God ends quickly. After this the Great White Throne Judgment takes place where the current heavens & earth flee away (Rev 20:11), and once this judgment is over God creates a new heaven & earth and makes all things new. This is clear by READING Rev 20:11 - 21:5.

Revelation 20:11  ¶And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.  Revelation 21:1  ¶And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Believe what you want to believe Erik, you've got your doctrine wrong.

At the end of the Tribulation is the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to this earth, when he comes back he will lift the current curse and "regenerate" the earth, NOT destroy it!

Matthew 19:28  And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The regeneration lasts for 1000 years while Jesus rules and reigns, at the end the Devil is loosed and causes a final rebellion which God ends quickly. After this the Great White Throne Judgment takes place where the current heavens & earth flee away (Rev 20:11), and once this judgment is over God creates a new heaven & earth and makes all things new. This is clear by READING Rev 20:11 - 21:5.

Revelation 20:11  ¶And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.  Revelation 21:1  ¶And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Soj,

I agree with this.

I agee with this also.

The regeneration lasts for 1000 years while Jesus rules and reigns, at the end the Devil is loosed and causes a final rebellion which God ends quickly.

The fleeing away of the heavens and distruction of the earth happens in the day of the Lord. If the fire God sends down destroys the whole earth it would destroy all the faithfull people on earth.

After this the Great White Throne Judgment takes place where the current heavens & earth flee away (Rev 20:11), and once this judgment is over God creates a new heaven & earth and makes all things new. This is clear by READING Rev 20:11 - 21:5.

"The day of the Lord" is an indepth study in itself, and not for the faint hearted, this "day" prophetically can incorporate over 1000 years time period from the Tribulation through to the Great White Throne judgment, so what I've said above will happen in "the day of the Lord."

"The day of the Lord" is an indepth study in itself, and not for the faint hearted, this "day" prophetically can incorporate over 1000 years time period from the Tribulation through to the Great White Throne judgment, so what I've said above will happen in "the day of the Lord."

God did not destroy the earth after Jesus renewed it.

Soj the heavens and earth fled from Jesus because Jesus does all the judging.

Revelation 20:11

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Yes the heavens and earth are destroyed by Jesus, but it happens in the day of the Lord or the tribulation period.

Isaiah 25:1-9

1 O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

2 For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.

3 Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.

6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

The heavens and the earth are burned up in the tribulation. Jesus remakes them for the kingdom age.

2 Peter 3:10

I believe you need to rethink this, the earth is not destroyed during the tribulations, but after the 1000 year reign during the white throne judgment.

What a sight, those standing before Jesus, the Judge, being judged, & over the shoulder of 'The Judge' they see the earth fleeing away, burning up, burning up everything they spent their life attaining, its a total loss, they lose it ALL & Jesus finds no where for them, except for the lake of fire.

While the lost, those who rejected Christ, stand before Him at the great white throne, it seem part of their punishment is standing at that judgment seeing everything they loved, lived for, destroyed.

Re 20:11 ¶ And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Re 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

During the tribulations there's no doubt the people on earth will see much destruction,  but it will not burn up at that time, for at the end of the tribulation Jesus will come back to rule, although the tribulations & especially the great tribulations, the 2nd half, will be so sever many will be wishing, praying, for their self & the earth to be destroyed in order to end their misery.

Eric, I don't agree with everything you post but I appreciate your zeal for the word.

Great thought to express Song.

I agree with much that Eric posts here at online. He seems pretty sharp in the ends times stuff.

There's just a few details that I disagree within his posting, & from time to time I post them.

I might add, Eric seems like a very good natured person who would be enjoyable to talk with in person.

Great thought to express Song.

I agree with much that Eric posts here at online. He seems pretty sharp in the ends times stuff.

There's just a few details that I disagree within his posting, & from time to time I post them.

I might add, Eric seems like a very good natured person who would be enjoyable to talk with in person.

Jerry, ASongofDegrees,

I wish we could all sit down with our bibles and talk. I type so slow and spell so poorly that this process is hard for me.

The distruction of the earth is a process which begins in the sixth seal judgment. God sends out a cup of judgment which cause a nuclear war. The atmosphere is caused to burn and thin which leaves asteroids and metiorites hit the earth. The sun will become seven times stronger as the dust settles form the sky over the years.

Fire in the Sky

Jeremiah 25:15-17,
15 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.

16 And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.

17 Then took I the cup at the LORD's hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:

18 To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;

29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

30 Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

(((God cause man to fight man by nuclear war)))

31A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

32 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

2 Peter 3:10–15 KJV
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Revelation 6:12–14 KJV
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Isaiah 34:1–8 KJV
34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth
hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

Another Old Testament prophet, Isaiah, also foresaw the nuclear war and he prophesied that the heavens will burn and roll up as a scroll. Apparently, all of the airplanes and nuclear missiles will fall from the sky during the war when the atmosphere burns. This judgment will be on all nations.

Isaiah 51:5–11 KJV
5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Isaiah 25:1–7 KJV
6 And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

In Isaiah 30:25–26, it says that the sun will become seven times stronger in the day of great slaughter. The day of great slaughter happens when the nuclear war takes place and the ozone layer is burned up as a scroll. Malachi 4:1 says that the earth will burn as an oven. In looking to the encyclopedia to see what parts of the atmosphere can burn, you will discover that the ozone is a triple oxygen molecule.
The ozone layer and the hydrogen layer are next to each other in the atmosphere above the earth. The chemical reaction when they burn is as follows:
Heat + oxygen + hydrogen = H2O (water) + greater heat
The ozone and hydrogen layers will be set on fire over Israel by an atomic blast, and then they will burn like the Hindenburg blimp. When the ozone and hydrogen burn, it will form hot water vapor that will condense into water droplets that will then become rain, which will form great hailstones that will fall to the earth along with torrential rain. When the atmosphere burns, the heavens will roll up as a scroll all the way around the earth, over every nation.

Edited by Eric Stahl

2 Timothy 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, Matthew 24:38

It seems like the news is filled with more despicable things every day. It's almost as if men are trying to outdo each other in levels of wickedness, Now, they're fighting hard to get gay marriage legalized throughout the country. Next the polygamists, and no telling who else, will be hollering for their rights too.