• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible Study, Anyone? On Being A Godly Husband

• Members

The triangle is something like the attached jpg. There is a lot more that can be said about it but this is all I can remember from when it was presented to me.

post-23234-0-31240200-1360985243.jpg

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church:

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Sorry about the Big Text, its default. Isn't the following more Biblical?

Christ---> Husband---> Wife.

• Members

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church:

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Yes it is true that the husband is the head of the wife, but that isn't what this chart is trying to depict. If we took that same order for the point of this chart then the wife would only be able to be as close to God as the husband is.

• Members

No.

• Members

The following principle for the godly husband is directly related to that of the previous post (post #58).

The godly husband must be sexually exclusive with his wife mentally, emotionally, and physically, being always satisfied with her body and always ravished with her love.

Proverbs 5:15-20 -- "Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.  Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets.  Let them be only thine own, and not strangers’ with thee.  Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.  Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.  And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?"

So then, with this added principle, our list of principles for the godly husband is as follows:

1.  The godly husband must always maintain his personal walk with the Lord as his highest priority, recognizing that such

will only help him to be a better husband toward his wife. (Luke 14:26-27; Ephesians 5:18; Colossians 3:16)

2.  The godly husband must leave his priority relationship with his parents. (Genesis 2:24)
  3.  The godly husband must continually cleave to his wife, and not ever allow himself to be separate in relationship from her.

(Genesis 2:18, 24; Matthew 19:5-6)

4.  The godly husband must continually pursue a one-flesh relationship with his wife. (Genesis 2:24)

5.  The godly husband must love his wife just as Christ loved the church. (Ephesians 5:25-28, 33; Colossians 3:19)

6.  The godly husband must nourish his wife as his own body, even as Christ nourishes the church. (Ephesians 5:28-30)

7.  The godly husband must cherish his wife as his own body, even as Christ nourishes the church. (Ephesians 5:28-30)

8.  The godly husband must recognize his God-declared need for the help of his wife. (Genesis 2:18)

9.  The godly husband must ever appreciate his wife as a good gift and precious treasure of the Lord's gracious favor.

(Proverbs 18:22)

10.  The godly husband must regularly express praise, appreciation, and thanks to his wife for her efforts of diligence.

(Proverbs 31:28

11.  The godly husband must actively pursue a companionship with his wife as his dearest human friend. (Malachi 2:14)

12.  The godly husband must openly communicate with his wife in a gracious manner that is good to the use of edifying.

(Ephesians 4:29; etc.)

13.  The godly husband must dwell at harmony with his wife in accord with his knowledge of her. (1 Peter 3:7)

14.  The godly husband must put forth the effort and energy to know his own wife as an individual. (1 Peter 3:7)

15.  The godly husband must specifically give honor unto his wife, as unto a precious treasure. (1 Peter 3:7)

16.  The godly husband must shoulder the burden of leadership responsibility, especially concerning spiritual matters.      

(Ephesians 5:22; 1 Corinthians 11:3; Joshua 24:15)

17.  The godly husband must remember that he is responsible and accountable to his Head, the Lord Jesus Christ.

(1 Corinthians 11:3; Malachi 2:13-16; 1 Peter 3:7)

18. The godly husband must render the "due benevolence" of sexual pleasure unto his wife. (1 Corinthians 7:3-5)

19. The godly husband must be sexually exclusive with his wife mentally, emotionally, and physically, being always satisfied

with her body and always ravished with her love. (Proverbs 5:15-20)

all these points are very good.  I will have to share it with my husband :D