heartstrings

"grace To .........certain People"

How can one say "Grace to YOU"....as a public statement....when it's really only to "certain people"?

And we read about it in 1 Peter. “According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, we have been sanctified by the Spirit, sprinkled with His blood.” The primitive truth and reality in the scheme of salvation that starts with a sovereign determination to love certain people. And as John 13 says…To love them to the max,” that’s foreknowledge. It is a predetermined, foreordained and, of course, foreseen determination to love.

http://www.gty.org/

Edited by heartstrings

I would separate immediately from that heretic.  I've read some of his books and was lead astray, no more!  He's referred to by many as the evangelical pope.  That should be enough warning for New Testament Christians to stay away from that man and his "ministry".

Personally, I would be very careful on that site.

I like Dave's answer would also add the word Heretic.  

Many people of have been lead astray by this teaching.  He combines a couple of heresy's all into one and makes it all his own.  Many people are drawn to this teaching for a multitude of reasons, he appeals to certain groups of people and is a very knowledgeable in Greek.  For the Sovereign Grace(Calvinist) crowd this appeals to tickles their ears and makes them feel good.  

Calvin was an unsaved heretic expounding the false heresies of Augustine, which does not make it any more palatable. Salvation by Faith is though the entire Bible, all the way back to the beginning of time, Calvin did not change anything, only fulfilled the prophesy of wolves coming in sheep's clothing.

Matthew 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

I like Dave's answer would also add the word Heretic.  

Many people of have been lead astray by this teaching.  He combines a couple of heresy's all into one and makes it all his own.  Many people are drawn to this teaching for a multitude of reasons, he appeals to certain groups of people and is a very knowledgeable in Greek.  For the Sovereign Grace(Calvinist) crowd this appeals to tickles their ears and makes them feel good.  

Calvin was an unsaved heretic expounding the false heresies of Augustine, which does not make it any more palatable. Salvation by Faith is though the entire Bible, all the way back to the beginning of time, Calvin did not change anything, only fulfilled the prophesy of wolves coming in sheep's clothing.

Matthew 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

He has a very good way of placing words together, & comes off in an inviting way. Kind of a golden tongue. I believe at one time he was right on, but as time went by he changed into what he is today having learned quite well from the bridge builders.

On his radio program a couple of years back, maybe longer, at near the end of a year, he spoke with his best golden tongue of the condition of his church for about 5 or more minutes, that their bank account was running out, & we desperately need more money right now, we have over extended our self, & being as this is the end of the year if many of you out there are looking for a place to donate money so that you can use it as a tax deduction on your income tax forms, we really need it, right now, or we will be in trouble.

Now I know I see that different than many, but I just don't believe we are to beg the world, lost people, nor members of other churches, for money to support our churches & its missions. I think the New Testament Churches & its missions are to be supported by its members. And begging for money from the world cast a bad light upon a church.

He is the savior of all men specially them that believe.

I have watched read and listened around J. Mac. for many years and have found more chaff than wheat when held in light of sound doctrine.