• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
8 hours ago, DaveW said:

swathdiver,

re:  "A thorough study of the scriptures teaches that Christ died on a Wednesday and was in the tomb 3 full days and nights and emerged on Sunday."  

That would be an issue for a different topic. 

Edited by rstrats

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 02/01/2018 at 8:27 PM, rstrats said:

I don't see any similarity.  In your example I assume that everyone would understand that at least a portion of each one of 5 calendar days would be involved.  
But would anyone understand that no part of a 5th calendar day would be spent at the Falls?

I mostly browse on phone which doesn't show post numbers, but I assume it is this post?

To be honest you reject out of hand anything that people post so I thought it not worth pursuing any further.

I didn't answer in this fashion reviously because I thought it would serve no purpose other than to offend you, but as you specifically requested an answer I now have.

• Members
5 hours ago, DaveW said:

To be honest you reject out of hand anything that people post

I wonder if you might point out where I rejected any examples which show that it was common to say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur?

Edited by rstrats

• 1 month later...
  • Members
14 minutes ago, rstrats said:

DaveW,

You have a question directed to you in my last post. 

Which I will not answer....

.....because it will not serve any useful purpose.

Edited by DaveW

• Members
1 hour ago, DaveW said:

Which I will not answer....

.....because it will not serve any useful purpose.

OK, tell me why I should accept posts that deal with different issues from the issue of this topic?  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, rstrats said:

But perhaps sometime in the future someone who does think the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week will look in on this topic. 

In that case then, you will have one person who thinks this way. What will that accomplish for you?

• Members

Jim_Alaska,

re:  "What will that accomplish for you.

It would satisfy my curiosity if they provide actual examples to support their assertion of commonality. 

Edited by rstrats

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members
12 hours ago, rstrats said:

I need to add:  "and who thinks that a calendar day begins at sunset".

Nehemiah thought that the sabbath day began at sunset. (See Nehemiah 13:19)

As far as the question in the original posting, I cannot answer.  I have no such evidence to provide, nor do I believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on Friday.  Rather, through precise Bible study I am convinced that our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on Thursday.