• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Modern "gift" of tongues is demonic

• Members

That was what I was referring, too. No...it wasn't insensitive at all. We have had this conversation numerous times, though...and I know we have a couple people that still don't get the whole"demonic" thing. So...it can be rather scary (I think) for some; however, certain other members should get it by now. :wink

I suppose someone unfamiliar with this aspect of the topic might be shocked by that, but it's accurate and not put forth in a bad manner.

If someone is truly open to the truth, they shouldn't take offense at the truth and if they are unsure of something they should ask for clarification.

I suppose someone unfamiliar with this aspect of the topic might be shocked by that, but it's accurate and not put forth in a bad manner.

If someone is truly open to the truth, they shouldn't take offense at the truth and if they are unsure of something they should ask for clarification.

Oh, yes...as the Holy Spirit speaks to man's and woman's hearts.

Indeed! Our God is a God of order' date=' not chaos. We are to worship Him in spirit and in truth not in a crowd of dozens or hundreds of people babbling "in tongues" where there is (and can be) no understanding.[/quote']

:goodpost::amen: John.

• Members
Today, the modern tongues movement is jibberish and a "prayer language" which is actually not even the way it was used in the NT. In the NT it was solely to propagate the Gospel.

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
:hmm

• Members

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
:hmm

That's saying we don't pray in an unknown tongue. Even if we COULD do it...we SHOULDNT.

And regarding sensitivity...the OP asked particularly about the demonic aspect, Candlelight.

That's saying we don't pray in an unknown tongue. Even if we COULD do it...we SHOULDNT.

Yep. :thumb
And regarding sensitivity...the OP asked particularly about the demonic aspect' date=' Candlelight.[/quote']

Yeah...I was just saying that some get confused with that. You know...those that have had those kind of situations in their lives. KWIM?

I don't really even know how to describe that because I haven't had that happen in my life; I know that people have had experiences. If you remember from the other thread, kita.

• Members

I have the "spiritual gifts" posted on this board somewhere...then, I sent you (I think in a PM)or it could be in another thread--- the test for spiritual gifts from the couple, I believe the last name was Yoder? My MIL has the tests from the non-denominational pregnancy crisis center where she volunteers. I took it. Many Christians don't know what their strengths and weaknesses are VIA "spiritual gifts." God gives us 7 of them. Don't you remember when we talked about you and the gift of teaching?

Candlelight - Help me understand this one ??????? I'm not sure I follow you on this ........