• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Obama's wasting no time killing babies and limiting oil

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Many people put their pocketbook before what is right in the sight of God. That is they vote for what is best for their pocketbook with no concern for their Lord.

That is, they make up their own god and ignore the God which is presented us in the pages of the Bible. Notice I use a little g, for the god they sever is spelled with a little g.

Unions are for the almighty dollar with no concern for God or Jesus. And they feed off oc hard working people.

2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.

3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,

4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.

5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?

7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.

8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Matt 20:2-16 (KJV)

Seems to me Jesus spoke against unions.

• Members

I never really understood union. I heard you have to pay membership. Is that right? I maybe naive about this so don't laugh. very often I heard my hubby say, "they are protected by the union" that's the part I don't understand. Being in the union to get people to treat you right. If people needed to be treated right, that's should be a rights for all, and not just for unions.

I can't help myself thinking about this little Kroger card thing when I think of union. Everytime, I go in the grocery store, I have to use a card to save money. But I am not allow to save money unless I have that little card. I felt everyone should have the rights to save money with or without cards. Same with union, everyone deserves the right to be treated well with or without union.

• Members

Union "guarantees" a certain pay and insurance and job security. Like teacher's unions up here picket ALL the time for raises and etc. So the union is forced to give raises or agree on whatever the employees want in order to keep their business going forward. But sometimes the business can't afford to give raises, give better insurance, or hire more people, or keep paying unprofitable workers. They then go bankrupt....check out the big car manufacturers right now.

With a free market job, the employers have incentive to treat their employees well...because if they don't, they lose employees and their business goes downhill. They pay what they can afford to pay, and as the workers make the product better, the company succeeds and the workers benefit. They can also get rid of unprofitable workers easier, making their business more profitable. However at the same time, it is hard for the regular businesses to compete against the large unions.

I'm not a pro on union, but that's in a nutshell, and union is bad and free market is always good.

• Members
I am a daughter of a union worker and they are bringing back jobs. However what does it matter Jesus will be returning in 2 years anyways.

Unions are run by liberals and are used as a part of the Democrats propaganda and support machine. My Dad is a Union member so I grew up with all of this. The Unions back whoever the Dem is and do their best to make the Dems look good and the Repubs look bad.

If only God the Father knows when Jesus will return, how do you think you know Jesus will return in 2 years?

Unions are run by liberals and are used as a part of the Democrats propaganda and support machine. My Dad is a Union member so I grew up with all of this. The Unions back whoever the Dem is and do their best to make the Dems look good and the Repubs look bad.

If only God the Father knows when Jesus will return, how do you think you know Jesus will return in 2 years?

I know how it feels---KJVKayBeliever. I was a union worker for 16 years. That is why I chose to vote Independent for a few of those years. Hang in there. :pray

• Members
I think Unions started out to be good then became stronger and more powerful .I do not see the need for them any more .

They started with a good idea and then the Mob took control and then the Union leadership became greedy. Instead of simply trying to get a good, fair deal for workers they began making outrageous demands...and they had the power to get them.

Part of the reason some industries in America are in such trouble is because of the greed of labor Union bosses.

• Members

They started with a good idea and then the Mob took control and then the Union leadership became greedy. Instead of simply trying to get a good, fair deal for workers they began making outrageous demands...and they had the power to get them.

Part of the reason some industries in America are in such trouble is because of the greed of labor Union bosses.

John is right on the money!

• Members

yep, if they think CEO get greedy, it mean they themselves can get greedy as well.

• Members

Union was invention of man, it was created where certain men could live off the labors and sweat of other men without laboring and sweating their self.

Down south of me there use to be a cement plant, those who worked there made high wages and they thought the money well would never dry up

But it did, finally the company shut it down and closed the doors, thanks in part of a union.
I think its very clear, Jesus is not for unions.

2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.

3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,

4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.

5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?

7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.

8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Matt 20:2-16 (KJV)

Seems Jesus makes it clear its up to the boss, the one who hires you, what he will pay.

Plus unions now spend much of their money they make from the labors to influence elections while living high on the hog off of the laborers sweat.

Plus, in unions many times the one who deserves the promotion or raise does not get it, its the one who has seniority.

• Members

I'm sure Jerry covered most of this, (as others may have also). Unions, require membership, write themselves a blank check (they gat a portion of YOUR overtime pay), they endorse politicians or laws that the membership may not support. They drive up costs to employers and ultimately drive business out of business. The list goes on. Really nothing more to say..... they had purpose in the sweat shop days, but no longer.

• Members
I am a daughter of a union worker and they are bringing back jobs. However what does it matter Jesus will be returning in 2 years anyways.

I'm in a union and since the election our company has cut off 80 men and women, yep the jobs just keep on coming. The president does not create jobs. Wake up America.