• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fundraising??

• Members

Ok, what would be an acceptable way of raising money in the church for stuff like youth group trips, and stuff like that? We have a small church, and not many people give on a regular basis, but they do give when we have special things going on in the church, or need help with building/painting and such. We currently dont have any outdoor playtoys for the kids, and we would LOVE to put something out on the property, but its just not in the funds right now. Is there a way to raise money within the church? How do you do it? :puzzled:

• Members

Sell things to Church members and visitors? Or outside the church?
I know a few churches that our famliy members Pastor have a "Penny March" or something like that, but I dont know the details. I should call them! LOL But We have so few kids, like right now at most on Sunday we have like 6 kids. We have young ones, that would love a play area outside, and it would be nice for us parents to have something to occupy the kiddos while we have Church dinners and such. I also thought about just having a big jar that the kids decorate for fundraising, and people can add to it as they can, or want to. We can just wait till we raise enough $$ for a swingset or something. I just dont know what the best method is.

• Administrators

We did the jar thing when we were saving up to buy new pianos and a new organ. It was fun. The "jar" was plexiglass so we could see the money mounting. Then, when the renovation to our auditorium was done, we had the money to purchase the new instruments. A money jar could be a lot of fun.

They could sell things outside the church. Most neighborhoods have laws the govern who can sell things door to door, but you could check on that. Pretty much if its for non-profit, especially if all of the money is going to go for the kid's project, it would be okay. But if you were to do door to door, it'd be a good idea to have a letter of explanation that is signed by the youth pastor or someone in authority explaining what they are doing if someone asks. Also, a lot of stores allow kids to stand at the doors and sell candy (there are companies that will provide candy bars for a 50/50 split).

The "renting" could be to people in the church. Outside the church could work if the parents knew the people well. I'd be real leery of "renting" kids out to work to someone no-one knows.

• Members

Watch Craigslist too, alot of times people will put nice wooden outdoor playsets on there for free or dirt cheap if you just go disassemble and haul it off yourselves.