• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

. Exit Polls Reveal Conservatives Abandoned McCain

• Members

1. Exit Polls Reveal Conservatives Abandoned McCain

http://news.newsmax.com/?m6I6.KwFF94z7y ... 1DxbztfUAm

1. Exit Polls Reveal Conservatives Abandoned McCain

Democrat Barack Obama garnered a surprising 20 percent of the vote from conservatives who cast ballots on Election Day, top-ranked radio-talker Rush Limbaugh told listeners.

Citing exit polls, Limbaugh also said on Wednesday that Republican John McCain lost independents and moderates by a margin of 60 percent to 39 percent.

?McCain only got 89 percent of the Republican vote,? Limbaugh said. ?He only got 80 percent of the conservative vote.

?And therein lies the tale, the recipe offered up by the wizards of smart in the Republican Party and on our side ? for whatever reason we have to abandon our base, and we?ve gotta broaden our base . . .

?I have nothing against going out and getting Democrats and independents to vote for you. But not by behaving like a Democrat or independent.?

Fox News commissioned extensive exit polling on Election Day. Some highlights:

75 percent of voters said the U.S. is headed in the wrong direction, and these voters went solidly for Obama ? 62 percent to McCain?s 36 percent.
63 percent of voters said the economy was the most important issue facing the nation, and they backed Obama, 53 percent to 44 percent.
48 percent said they are ?very worried? that the economic crisis will hurt their family?s finances in the coming year, and they voted for Obama,
60 percent to 38 percent.
Voters who said they wanted a president who can bring about change overwhelmingly went for Obama, 89 percent to 9 percent.
Despite predictions that the 2008 election would bring a sharp increase
in the number of young voters, people under age 30 comprised just
18 percent of all voters, up from 17 percent in the past three presidential elections and down from 21 percent in 1992. These voters went for Obama, 66 percent to 32 percent.
Among the 11 percent of voters who were casting ballots in a presidential election for the first time, 68 percent voted for Obama and 31 percent chose McCain.
18 percent of voters who supported President Bush in 2004 defected from the GOP and supported Obama this year.
Women chose Obama over the McCain-Palin ticket by a margin of 56 percent to 43 percent.
52 percent of white Catholics voted for McCain, compared to 47 percent
for Obama.
Black voters comprised 13 percent of the electorate and 95 percent of them backed Obama. White voters favored McCain by a 12-point margin.
Hispanics helped Obama win the battleground state of Florida, voting for the Democrat over the Republican, 57 percent to 42 percent. In 2004, President Bush garnered 56 percent of the Hispanic vote.
In Pennsylvania, 20 percent of Democrats who voted for Hillary Clinton over Obama in the primary voted for McCain on Tuesday.

As I thought, McCain could not pull them together, but the Conservatives did not Abandoned McCain, he never had them for he was and is not a conservative.

• Members

That is true. But each person who voted for someone other than McCain will have 4 years of nobody to thank but themselves. When Abortion Supreme court justices are put in place, they can thank themselves. When taxes are raised and numerous other liberal agenda occurs, again, they can thank themselves as they did not vote for the person who would have prevented it.

America is going to get what we deserve.

• Members
That is true. But each person who voted for someone other than McCain will have 4 years of nobody to thank but themselves. When Abortion Supreme court justices are put in place, they can thank themselves. When taxes are raised and numerous other liberal agenda occurs, again, they can thank themselves as they did not vote for the person who would have prevented it.

Not true. Especially for those in states which were going to Obama no matter what. It could be argued that in those states, any vote not for Obama was a wasted vote since there was no way anyone other than Obama could win those states.

The Republicans lost because of the poor performance of Bush coupled with them offering up a candidate that was virtually a carbon copy of Bush.

Add to this the fact that McCain failed to truly and fully address the key moral issues of our times. Across the country moral issues initiatives received heavy support. McCain could have, and should have (if he cared about such issues), taken up those issues and forced Obama on the defensive.

It's a fact that most of the country isn't for abortion on demand. McCain should have forced Obama to denfend his indefensible positions on abortion.

Most of the country isn't in favor of homosexual marriage yet McCain failed to raise that banner.

Most of the country was against the bailouts yet McCain supported the bailouts.

McCain and the Republicans lost the election due to their own failures.

• Members
I am curious is Abortion the only matter of this country? I don't mean to sound heartless but there are many out of Jobs we should concentrate on. Don't Blame me I didn't vote for Obama.

The economy played a major factor in this election. McCain failed to see this issue coming forth. Furthermore, once the economy became the major issue, McCain was slow to accept just how important it was and made several comments that added to the perception he just didn't get it (which earlier in the campaign McCain stated the economy was not his strong suit).

Obama ran with the economic issues and McCain was forced to play catch-up and he offered nothing truly new or meaningful. McCain voted the same as Obama in regard to the bailouts which most Americans, and an overwhelming majority of Republicans and conservatives were against.

The perception was that McCain would do little different that what was already being done while Obama had big plans and 95% of folks would get a tax cut.

Obama seized the initiative with the economic issue and this greatly helped him.

• Members

Jobs? Since when is it the government's responsibility to provide jobs?! I get so tired of hearing that (no offense to the poster above, please)....if taxes would be lowered, and the free economy able to do as it could do, then jobs would be a non-issue for anyone willing to work.

The main issues are freedom, security, and life. (Where have I heard that before...OH...life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!) If freedom and security and life (i.e. abortion) are provided, then jobs, economy, and all the smaller issues (that Dems claim are big ones) will naturally follow.

• Members

I believe it is time for those who believe in Christ and that He (alone) is all sufficient to meet our needs to stand up and be counted. We are sliding to moral decay due to our inability to take the biblical "high" ground. Is God not in control? God ordains our government. I voted as my conscience led me to, no-one can pressure me to do otherwise even the threat of an Obama presidency. I read the bible to determine how to vote as it is my guide for ALL aspects of life. Can I as a servant of Christ do otherwise? I expect the church to be diligent in it's reading and application of biblical truth and cannot allow myself to be suckered into voting the lesser of 2 evils. Does not a little leven leven the whole lump? My candidate was the closest to the word of God as I can find. In my vanity I want to support a winner, but not at the cost of my convictions.

• Members
Jobs? Since when is it the government's responsibility to provide jobs?! I get so tired of hearing that (no offense to the poster above, please)....if taxes would be lowered, and the free economy able to do as it could do, then jobs would be a non-issue for anyone willing to work.

The main issues are freedom, security, and life. (Where have I heard that before...OH...life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!) If freedom and security and life (i.e. abortion) are provided, then jobs, economy, and all the smaller issues (that Dems claim are big ones) will naturally follow.

Were this country still following the Constitution you would be 100% correct. However, the government long ago dicarded the Constitution as anything other than a symbol and something to mention if it suits their purposes. The government invaded the business sector long ago and now through taxation and regulation (among a host of other means) the government has a great deal to do with the economy.

To make matters worse, since FDR the people have come to believe it's the govenments job to provide job security and economic prosperity...and the government is more than happy to take on that extra control and power.

• Members

It isn't right for anyone to be blamed because they refused to violate their conscience or vote for someone that is not representative of them. The right to vote means that we have the right to choose who we want to represent us. If someone doesn't like who is running, they have just as much right not to vote. Not voting is a right, too, you know. In Australia, people don't have that right.

• Members

How can a preacher say such a thing, putting down Christians who refuse to vote for the lesser of 2 evils?

Are you one f them who tell God's children to ignore this verse?

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Romans 14:23 (KJV)

There was no way that in good faith that I could cast a ballot for John McCain. I see others here feel the very same way.

• Members

If gov't provided us car factory jobs, provided us scientific research jobs,medical jobs, schooling jobs, etc. then you know it that we are living in a communist country. They just don't want us to think so because we still think we have free choice ... free choice to open a medical center, free choice to be a doctor... but all this under gov't regulation and funding. But nothing stays the same, people will want more gov't control.

• Members

[quote="deafnva77"]If gov't provided us car factory jobs, provided us scientific research jobs,medical jobs, schooling jobs, etc. then you know it that we are living in a communist country. They just don't want us to think so because we still think we have free choice ... free choice to open a medical center, free choice to be a doctor... but all this under gov't regulation and funding. But nothing stays the same, people will want more gov't control.[/quote]

It may well soon be that way, each pay day the government will take you check, them give you what they think you need, nothing more, them expect you to say thank you for being so generous. If you fail to say think you next pay day they will give you nothing, just keep the whole check.

Isn't that where we are headed by baling out the big business with our tax money.

Oh, government knows what is best for each of us, least they think they do.