• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

RSS Robot

Pastor Braves Gulf Of Mexico, Triathlon For Bivocational Pastors

What do you think about the issue though?

No doubt there needs to be effort put forth into evangelizing and establishing discipling churches in North America. There also needs to be men called of God to pastor and start new churches who are willing to put their calling ahead of their comfort, ahead of the "American dream".

Too often it seems many pastors in America have as their first concern what they can get (pay, benefits, etc.) rather than how they can serve God where He calls them. Some pastors hop from church to church like a rabbit with a beagle on his trail. Rather than following the Lord's leading, even if that means living with only the necessities, these men continually search for the "best deal" they can get in terms of finances and comfort.

I thank God for those pastors who take their calling seriously, who put service to God above finances and comforts in this world. We need more of them.

I've been talking to my wife: setting up a church and cater to the poor........... 7 days per week service and to provide community help. All monies taken in to go into a treasury governed by a group of Christians. I could get gas money or expense maybe (but would get nothing for normal routing) --- would need Bibles and song books and chairs and what all + rent money. But the job would have no salary............. I'm in a conundrum over this..... I can't take it on my feet too long and my voice gives out if I talk too much. I spoke at a church not long ago for 1 hr 20 minutes and they wanted to stay a couple more hours but children were waiting. It must be what God wants --- I'm not the sharpest tack in the barrel when it comes to some things. But, I love to teach. Not getting any younger though.

A huge problem for ME: I am Baptist......... I see if ?odd? if one just jumps in on one's own. Seems a work should come forth from a body (church) setting up such an endeavor and pledging support. What do you think of someone just jumping out and doing such?

What do you think about the issue though?

This fellow spent a lot of time on himself to prepare for this event. Did that take away from his family and attendees? His motivation for this it seems, was centered on the group's goal of opening more churches, not spreading the gospel and winning the lost for Christ.

I've been talking to my wife: setting up a church and cater to the poor

A huge problem for ME: I am Baptist......... I see if ?odd? if one just jumps in on one's own. Seems a work should come forth from a body (church) setting up such an endeavor and pledging support. What do you think of someone just jumping out and doing such?

What's a man to do if he fits the Biblical qaulifications to be a preacher, is certain the Lord has called him to be a preacher and yet his church won't ordain him? Answer = Honor God and start preaching!

There's a husband/wife who use the wordless tract to witness to the lost across the nation at state and county fairs. They do this on their own with the blessing of our local church. If your church doesn't feel called to support this ministry and you do, my question is, would it be alright to seek the support of other NT churches in the area? Edited by swathdiver

I'm heavy Baptist; can one form a Baptist church on one's own? Maybe only a problem to me unfounded?

TWO: Opps, I have John Buyon, HA Ironside, Lester Roloff syndrome.............. I won't be licensed. Only God has authority. Ironside pastored Moody Bible Church but would not --- therefore could not marry folks. I love Lester; was out there when the Feds came down on him.

It is a little more difficult than what meets your eye at first. One woman said, I've been praying for that house of ill repute to be gone........... Next day her friend was back and she said, did you hear what happened last nigh --- what? ---- that building burned down............. I know she said; it is amazing what a small little match will do.

My buddy says, "don't be so Heavenly minded, that you're no earthly good"............. I guess if others are willing to be a part and support I can't so no. One can't do it anyway.............