• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Adamski

Hail Mary Prayer In The 1611 Kjv Bible ?

Should we not be teaching him biblical truth?

Not when it's clear he is rejecting it.

It's obvious to me that he is promoting catholicism throughout all his postings, only commenting on threads that relate to the catholic church, I'm not being edified by him, in fact I skim read his postings because his catholic positivity sickens me.

Sorry Mel, just being honest :-)

At least your honest. There are over 30,000 different denominations and everyone says they have the Biblical truth and their interpretation is correct. It's pretty mind blowing. If it makes you feel any better I'm not picking on any of you. I chat with other denominations too. I'm very passionate about my Church. If people around here didn't talk so bad about Catholicism I wouldn't be here.

Why don't you hate the Eastern Catholics or the Eastern Orthodox, calling them Satan's greatest masterpiece?

You're all pieces of the same puzzle as far as I'm concerned, all works of Satan, but the RCC has been the most effective.

Have I said I hate? I know God hates false religion so yes I'd say I hate it too.

You're all pieces of the same puzzle as far as I'm concerned, all works of Satan, but the RCC has been the most effective.

Have I said I hate? I know God hates false religion so yes I'd say I hate it too.

We're all entitled to our opinions.

At least your honest. There are over 30,000 different denominations and everyone says they have the Biblical truth and their interpretation is correct.

Of course that's what they believe, and I wouldn't expect any less, but that doesn't change what the Bible says:

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Over 30,000? Can you list them for me please :-) No doubt many are just off shoots of others.

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. (Jude 1:17-21 KJV)

Should we not be teaching him biblical truth?

Read the myriad of thread he is spreading lies in.
He came here under false pretenses, was treated with respect, but it has become more and more obvious that he is not here to learn - he is here to corrupt.

He has continually lied and posted up false information, twists scripture, and.promotes false doctrines.

How many chances does a guy get to show that he is willing to learn?

First and second admonition - he had proven himself a heretic - what does the Bible say we are to do with him?

Of course that's what they believe, and I wouldn't expect any less, but that doesn't change what the Bible says:

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Over 30,000? Can you list them for me please :-) No doubt many are just off shoots of others.

Yes they are off shoots. How many Christian churches did you think there were (including non-denominational)?

Read the myriad of thread he is spreading lies in.
He came here under false pretenses, was treated with respect, but it has become more and more obvious that he is not here to learn - he is here to corrupt.

He has continually lied and posted up false information, twists scripture, and.promotes false doctrines.

How many chances does a guy get to show that he is willing to learn?

First and second admonition - he had proven himself a heretic - what does the Bible say we are to do with him?

Thanks for the kind words, Dave.

Yes they are off shoots. How many Christian churches did you think there were (including non-denominational)?

I havn't ever taken the time to count them, but what you consider "Christian" I've already discovered is a very different definition to mine. Also, I don't think non-denominal groups qualify, you could count every small home church and end with a higher figure than 30,000.

I havn't ever taken the time to count them, but what you consider "Christian" I've already discovered is a very different definition to mine. Also, I don't think non-denominal groups qualify, you could count every small home church and end with a higher figure than 30,000.

I suppose a common definition would help lol. What is your definition of a "Christian?" Would protestants and evangelical churches qualify?

Here is some Biblical truth.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:3, 4 KJV)

I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20:2-6 KJV)

Here is some Biblical truth.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:3, 4 KJV)

I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20:2-6 KJV)

I totally agree. You should never bow to a statue of a pagan god or goddess. Those darn Israelites wouldn't learn. They kept going back to worshiping Egyptian gods and goddesses.

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. (Jude 1:17-21 KJV)

The person you are responding to was adequately and accurately addressed by Dave W, above on post #208

Melchizadek,

Though this is an open forum, it is an Independent Baptist forum that has a primary purpose of edification of other "Believers".

There are many catholic forums where you would be welcome. I would recommend to you that you go visit one of those forums.

Pastor J

Dang they should have put that on the welcome sign lol

The first word in your sentence isn't considered acceptable language on this site.

No "sign" should be necessary, as it should be obvious if a site is clearly Baptist, SDA, LDS, RCC or otherwise, that the site is primarily for those folks, those of like mind, and those sincerely interested in learning something about them in a civil, honest manner. Such sites are typically not there for others to come in and attack them or promote contrary views; especially when those views are unbiblical. Just as we don't go onto others forums to stir the pot, we don't appreciate it when someone comes here to stir the pot.

There are forums out there for debate, argument, and promotion of various views. This isn't one of those forums.

I'd like to address the claim that those who reject Roman Catholicism do so only because they have been "brainwashed" by anti-Catholic literature or anti-Catholic pastors.

Not so in my case (and I'm sure the same is true of many others here). I was convinced that Roman Catholicism was not genuine Christianity long before I ever read or heard anything specifically anti-Catholic. All I had to do was compare RC doctrine and practice with the Bible (even the Catholic-friendly Good News Bible that I had as a child), and that was enough. I also remember listening to a talkback on a Christian radio station (a very ecumenical, New Evangelical sort of station I might add) that featured a Catholic priest as the guest, and some of the stuff he came out with only reinforced my growing conviction that Catholicism has an awful lot wrong with it. He was a very good, orthodox Catholic though and represented his church's position quite accurately (as far as I can recall). The host hardly ever challenged him on anything he was saying either. The purpose of the programme was obviously to "break down barriers", but in my case, by the grace of God, it didn't succeed and had the opposite effect to what the programme makers were intending.

By the time I did get around to reading materials against Catholicism, they only served to REINFORCE the conviction I already had. They were not the CAUSE of the conviction. Essentially, Roman Catholicism itself was the cause of my rejection of it. Moreover, Catholic apologists do just as good a job (albeit unwittingly) as Chick tracts or any other anti-RC material of demonstrating how false and wrong their religion really is.

Another complaint I read from Catholic apologists is "you just don't understand Catholicism". They then try to "educate" us poor ignorant Protestants/Baptists about what "real" Catholicism is, little realising that they are actually (again unwittingly, no doubt) affirming and reinforcing how un-Biblical the whole thing really is. They really should stop wasting their time and ours with their propaganda. We understand "real" Catholicism only too well, and can think and spiritually discern for ourselves, and that is the reason why we reject it, NOT because we have been "indoctrinated". Well, maybe some are "indoctrinated", I don't know, but that certainly hasn't been the case for me.

Incidentally, my dad recently went to a Catholic funeral and as you do, he brought home the order of service. The main hymn? "Hail, Queen of Heaven". Could the pagan idolatry be any more blatant? And then RC apologists wonder at how Bible-believing Christians can reject their religion. Because Roman Catholicism is unquestionably a religion quite separate from Bible-believing Christianity, in the same camp of quasi-Christian religions as Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists. A better, more convincing and more successful counterfeit than those three, but a counterfeit all the same, and ultimately originating from the same "father of lies".

Edited by KiwiChristian

At a church where I was a member, we sometimes had a man who was expert on the cults and gave us lectures on JWs, Mormans, SDA,.  I asked him if he could speak on the RC cult.  A month or so later he gave a talk on the RCC.  He said afterwards, "Until you asked, I never considered the RCC a cult but I have been reading up on it and I see you are correct."

Not so in my case (and I'm sure the same is true of many others here). I was convinced that Roman Catholicism was not genuine Christianity long before I ever read or heard anything specifically anti-Catholic. All I had to do was compare RC doctrine and practice with the Bible...

I ran out of likes for today and I just love this post!  It's how I came to the truth as well!

The Bible is really oral tradition written down over the centuries. Christ never commanded the apostles to write anything down. He commanded one core practice. He said preach the gospel (oral traditions) to all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit. If the apostles had never written the NT oral traditions down, there would be no Bible. So my question is, if today we had no Bible, just the oral traditions, would you still be a Christian and what authority would it be based on?

Answering a question with a question?  How about answering my question?

Sir, the Scriptures say you're a fool:

From the book of John, Chapter 1:  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

The following verses describe your visit with us thus far:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." - 2 Timothy 3:7
Edited by swathdiver