• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Adamski

Hail Mary Prayer In The 1611 Kjv Bible ?

Can you provide sources that says the RCC and protestants wiped out Christ's NT churches? That sounds like something fictious Loraine Boettner would make up. I know where you're going with this. I know it all too well "if you were to die tonight, are you absolutely sure you'd go to heaven?" If there were other Christians (true believers) besides the Catholic Church and Eastern Orthidox Church prior to the 16th century, why are there no writings or documents? It's neat speculation, maybe even wishful thinking, but there's no proof of other Christians.

Foxx's book of martyrs for one.  It doesn't matter.

Ok, you know where I'm going?  So why not play along and tell me?  You could start with your own testimony.

If one doesn't know Christ the Bible's Way, all these nine plus pages are worthless because the Bible says:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." - 2 Timothy 3:7

Edited by swathdiver

Foxx's book of martyrs for one.  It doesn't matter.

Ok, you know where I'm going?  So why not play along and tell me?  You could start with your own testimony.

If one doesn't know Christ the Bible's Way, all these nine plus pages are worthless because the Bible says:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." - 2 Timothy 3:7

The Bible is really oral tradition written down over the centuries. Christ never commanded the apostles to write anything down. He commanded one core practice. He said preach the gospel (oral traditions) to all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit. If the apostles had never written the NT oral traditions down, there would be no Bible. So my question is, if today we had no Bible, just the oral traditions, would you still be a Christian and what authority would it be based on?

Catholics were NOT the first true Christians, according to scripture the first true Chrtians were the disciples of Christ in the 1st century, so definately not Catholic!

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Also, Catholics are not Christians, each has a completely different set of core beliefs.

Question for you Melchizedek: if you left the Catholic church, or was ex-communicated, would you lose your salvation?

The disciples of the apostles were Catholic but the apostles did belong to the Church Jesus founded so technically they were. There was only one Church at that time. The term was coined because you would have people following Matthews teachings or Luke's teachings. The apostles and their disciples said no we can't have this. Only one Church back then. No baptist churches back then.

Catholics were NOT the first true Christians, according to scripture the first true Chrtians were the disciples of Christ in the 1st century, so definately not Catholic!

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Also, Catholics are not Christians, each has a completely different set of core beliefs.

Question for you Melchizedek: if you left the Catholic church, or was ex-communicated, would you lose your salvation?

Catholics not Christians? Who told you that, your pastor or some book? All you have to do is look at the early Church Fathers. Take your blinders off brother. You guys seem to like Polycarp. He was Catholic.

As I thought, you reject God, & His true Word for men, yet accept the teachings of mere man.

You chose to believe man's lie over God's Word, I've already showed you where God's truth is, its in the pages of the Bible. It & it only is for correction, for instruction in righteousness, reproof, 2 Timothy 3:16. And as the Bible says, For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of

God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost., 2 Peter 1:21.  And as 2 Peter 1:19 says, "...a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts," but your refusing to let the light shine in, choosing darkness instead.

1Ki 13:17 For it was said to me by the word of the LORD, Thou shalt eat no bread nor drink water there, nor turn again to go by the way that thou camest.
1Ki 13:18 He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the word of the LORD, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him.

Many years ago there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Bethel, this man chose to believe man over what God told him. Take off over to 1 Kings 13 & read about him, & what become of this man.

If you keep believing God's lie, the day will come when you will be rejected by Him. The only way to be accepted is to submit to Him & his truth.

There is onlyone way to God the Father.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Its only though Jesus. Paul said it like this.

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Yes, read & believe, them the true Light will shine in, & only them. As the Holy Scriptures says.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

There is only one way to be saved, & its by grace, though faith in Jesus, not of yourself, not of works, its a free gift.

If you will ever take that step God will make you new a new man,a new creature, truly a born again Christian.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

And at that moment you will truly be born again, & God's Holy Spirit will come & abide within you.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Them you would have no problem believing that this wonderful Book called the Holy Bible I've asked you to read & believe.

Yet, its up to you, the ball is in your court, you can believe the lies of man, or God Himself.

If the Bible had never been written would you still be saved and a Christian?

What we need to remember is that the CHURCH is not the catholic institution, the IFB, the charismatic, pentacostal, protestant etc, etc but rather the body of true believers that make up the Bride of Christ. That doctrine does not save but only faith in Christ does. That man and his institutions can not save, only Christ can. That there is only one way to God and again that being Christ on the cross. And that there is only one truth, that being the Word who is in fact Christ, not tradition or mans teachings.

FINALLY now we're getting somewhere. Yes the Church IS the Bride of Christ. We call her Mother Church. That doesn't take away that there was an actual church started by Christ, passed down to the Apostles and then their disciples. You're looking at it as either or, it's really both. The Church is not just a spiritual Church it is also a literal Church. You seem to like to separate Christ's salvation from His Church. I wouldn't recommend that.

Hollywood and rock stars also give large amounts of money to charity. Does this mean God is OK with their immoral and debauched lifestyles, or their songs blaspheming Him, or their TV shows teaching un-Biblical values? Their charity work really cancels out all that other stuff? Hmmm?

In like fashion, can the Catholic Church's charity work "cancel out" all the wrongs it has done and still perpetrates, or all the false doctrine it teaches, and the paganism it practises? Etc.

Oh no not the reformation again. What pagan practices are you referring to?

My ancestors, as it were, were not part of the reformation. The Catholic inquisition began long before the reformation. And believe me, Satan will support anything that will divert our attention away from the truth, even 'good' things, so long as the final result is another lost soul.

You keep wanting to go to Foxes book of martyr's. That was during the reformation to my knowledge. Can you conjure any proof on us killing anyone prior to the reformation? Seems like people read alot of anti-Catholic sources. Ever heard of neutral information?

Catholics not Christians? Who told you that, your pastor or some book? All you have to do is look at the early Church Fathers. Take your blinders off brother. You guys seem to like Polycarp. He was Catholic.

Haha I'm seeing as clear as day, no blinders on here. Not sure you should be calling me brother?? No man needs to instruct me that Catholics are not Christians, your own false doctrines make it crystal clear, eg. Your sacraments, euchurist, prayers to and worship of Mary, idol worship, veneration of saints, transubstantiation, celebacy, purgatory, paying of indulgances, infant baptism, etc etc, none of which are Biblical Christian practises.

Salvation for a true catholic is found in the religion of catholicism, not in Jesus Christ, therefore if one leaves the catholic religion or is ex-communicated they believe they lose their salvation, truth is leaving the catholic church is the best thing that could happen to them for only then can they truly be saved by trusting Jesus Christ alone without all the additional 'requirements' the catholic church teaches are necessary for salvation.

Catholicism is a counterfeit Christianity, many are deceived by it, but to a true Christian it is Satan's masterpiece, it is an abomination which has committed many atrocities against the true body of Christ and humanity throughout the centuries, one day soon God will destroy it, I'm looking forward to that day!

Haha I'm seeing as clear as day, no blinders on here. Not sure you should be calling me brother?? No man needs to instruct me that Catholics are not Christians, your own false doctrines make it crystal clear, eg. Your sacraments, euchurist, prayers to and worship of Mary, idol worship, veneration of saints, transubstantiation, celebacy, purgatory, paying of indulgances, infant baptism, etc etc, none of which are Biblical Christian practises.

Salvation for a true catholic is found in the religion of catholicism, not in Jesus Christ, therefore if one leaves the catholic religion or is ex-communicated they believe they lose their salvation, truth is leaving the catholic church is the best thing that could happen to them for only then can they truly be saved by trusting Jesus Christ alone without all the additional 'requirements' the catholic church teaches are necessary for salvation.

Catholicism is a counterfeit Christianity, many are deceived by it, but to a true Christian it is Satan's masterpiece, it is an abomination which has committed many atrocities against the true body of Christ and humanity throughout the centuries, one day soon God will destroy it, I'm looking forward to that day!

The only thing you know about Catholicism is what you've been told or read by ex-Catholics or anti-Catholics (often the same person). Our Mass is soaked in scripture. Everything we do at Mass from the liturgical actions, singing...every bit of the Mass is about Jesus. The confiteor, kyrie, gloria, collect, then we read from the OT, psalm, epistle, then gospel. Then the entire liturgy of the Eucharist, also all about Jesus. When you look at the stained glass windows from the outside, they look dark, can't make anything out, but from the inside their beautiful. That's how our liturgy is. You may say it's not scriptural, this and that, but we've been doing it the same way since the 1st century. Justin Martyr wrote how the Mass is to be celebrated. Quite fascinating. Have you ever heard of a guy by the name David Currie? He was raised IFB and converted, but he still has a love for those in IFB. If you want to read it from a non-bias perspective he would be it.

Scott Hahn, although not IFB, used to be STRONG anti-Catholic, but converted in 1985. He would be another good non-bias source.

The only thing you know about Catholicism is what you've been told or read by ex-Catholics or anti-Catholics (often the same person). Our Mass is soaked in scripture.

Some of my own family are devout catholics, so that shows what you know about my sources!

As to your wicked practise of the mass being soaked in scripture, don't you know when the Devil tempted Christ those three times in the wilderness he soaked his temptations in scripture too!

Some of my own family are devout catholics, so that shows what you know about my sources!

As to your wicked practise of the mass being soaked in scripture, don't you know when the Devil tempted Christ those three times in the wilderness he soaked his temptations in scripture too!

If you have family members that are devout Catholics then you should know what we really believe in, compared to what you may have heard from an anti-Catholic source.

If you have family members that are devout Catholics then you should know what we really believe in, compared to what you may have heard from an anti-Catholic source.

I asked you a question before about whether you can leave the catholic church and still be saved, would you kindly answer me?

I asked you a question before about whether you can leave the catholic church and still be saved, would you kindly answer me?

My apologies I didn't see the question. If you are baptized Catholic and leave the Church to go somewhere else, technically you're still considered a Catholic by the Church. As far as are you still saved, the Church strongly forbids judging whether someone is saved or not. If someone leaves out of lack of knowledge then I would say they probably are still saved if they live a Christian life, but if someone blastphemes against the Holy Spirit and says to heck with you Catholic Church I'm going to do things my way, that might cause a problem. That's a great question.

My apologies I didn't see the question. If you are baptized Catholic and leave the Church to go somewhere else, technically you're still considered a Catholic by the Church. As far as are you still saved, the Church strongly forbids judging whether someone is saved or not. If someone leaves out of lack of knowledge then I would say they probably are still saved if they live a Christian life, but if someone blastphemes against the Holy Spirit and says to heck with you Catholic Church I'm going to do things my way, that might cause a problem. That's a great question.

Thanks for answering. It begs another question, how do you believe a person is saved? By saved I mean forgiven of all sins, completely justified before God, saved from eternal damnation in the lake of fire.

Thanks for answering. It begs another question, how do you believe a person is saved? By saved I mean forgiven of all sins, completely justified before God, saved from eternal damnation in the lake of fire.

Of course I'm more than happy to answer. We may disagree but the dialogue is great! First we believe that in order to be saved you have to believe that Jesus died for your sins and there's nothing you did to earn or deserve salvation, next there's baptism. We use the term sacrament. That means it is an outward sign of an inward reality. That when you are baptized Jesus in a realistic way enters your soul and there is a mark on your soul Jesus puts there and there was nothing I did to deserve that sanctifying grace. ALL of my past sins are forgiven not because of me but because of Jesus. So in a way there are some similarities between our beliefs. You have to believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, accept Jesus through faith, and be baptized.

This is where we differ. We believe there are sins that are mortal (deadly) and is a one way ticket to hell, and then there are sins that are venial. Mortal sin would be first degree murder. We both agree that's pretty serious. A venial sin would be if you lied when your wife asked you if she looks fat in a dress and you say "no hunnie you look beautiful." That won't send you to hell. You'll find this in 1 John 5:17. All sin is wrong but not all sin is deadly (mortal). You may know of the story of the prodigal son. It's an example of someone separating themself from God through deadly sin and then returning to His sanctifying grace. Thanks to God's infinite mercy He will take us back any time we sin, big or small. We use Hebrews 10:26 or in 2 Peter 2:20 how you can be saved and if you turn your back on God through deadly sin that you can lose your place in heaven. Does that mean you're no longer baptized? We don't think so. It just means that person separated himself from God and God will take him back because God's Divine Mercy.

Sorry it's so lengthy. We do have some common areas, even if we disagree on whether or not you can lose and re-gain your salvation.

Let me add one quick thing. Maybe this will help understand our view on the prodigal son analogy. If you committed a very serious sin and you said "i no longer want Jesus to be my personal Lord and Savior." That would be sort of like what we believe in if you commit a mortal sin and lose your place in heaven by separating from God. You could always re-accept Him, so to speak.

Let me add one quick thing. Maybe this will help understand our view on the prodigal son analogy. If you committed a very serious sin and you said "i no longer want Jesus to be my personal Lord and Savior." That would be sort of like what we believe in if you commit a mortal sin and lose your place in heaven by separating from God. You could always re-accept Him, so to speak.

Others believe that as well, but it is false.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Everlasting means everlasting.  It is not everlasting if you can later reject it.

Others believe that as well, but it is false.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Everlasting means everlasting.  It is not everlasting if you can later reject it.

I understand but I'm glad you asked.

This is a baptist community forum. Why are we arguing with a Catholic? I thought this forum was for baptists only to grow in our faith. Just wondering...

It is certainly past the first and second admonition for this heretic.