• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Armageddon

Revelation 19:11–21 KJV
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING
OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

John saw the future invasion of earth by Jesus and the saints in the army of heaven. John said the believers, who have previously been taken to heaven, come down to the earth on white horses.
Do you see verse fifteen and twenty-one describing Jesus killing the army of the Antichrist with a sword out of his mouth? This required a long search for the meaning, but ultimately Psalms 149:4–9 surfaced and it became less confusing.

Psalms 149:4–9 KJV
4 For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek
with salvation.
5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword
in their hand;
7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.

After reading this last Scripture passage, it appears that the saints in God’s army will be the ones to execute judgment on the Antichrist’s army at Armageddon.
The saints are those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. If you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will be one of these saints in glory during the tribulation period. There will be a two-edged sword put in your hand so you can have the honor of killing the heathen at Armageddon. We will all join together for this honor to kill the army of the Antichrist.

Let’s pause here for a moment. I thought that Revelation 19:15, 21 states that Jesus would kill them with a sword out of His mouth.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
—Ephesians 6:17 KJV

The Bible refers to Jesus’ spoken words as the Word of God and the sword of the Spirit. Therefore, Jesus will give the command to kill the army of Antichrist, and it will be our honor to do it with our two-edged swords. We will go to Armageddon and fight for Jesus.

Do you see verse fifteen and twenty-one describing Jesus killing the army of the Antichrist with a sword out of his mouth? This required a long search for the meaning, but ultimately Psalms 149:4–9 surfaced and it became less confusing.

The sword out of his mouth, surely means the scriptures and the preaching of the word? The only way that the saints can overcome antichrist.

Good Invicta; but, more or so I think. Taking nothing from what you say but rather adding. All was spoken into existence ........ God's wrath shall destroy by the same means. We're not going to be mounting up on horses and fighting Lucifer with swords and hand-to-hand combat. It is by the power of His might. Rapture and then God's wrath poured out maybe about the space of 30 minutes per Heaven or based on a day/yr = 2 weeks or perhaps. I think we are to watch and pray and be about good stewardship - NOW. People's past needs forgiven. all have sinned, all have come short - there is none good; no, not one. How many are going to die in their sins that we will have to face remorse over. I know I've fallen short.

I spend a lot of time in REV - a lot, believe me. I may read it twice a day sometimes; and really, it's the reason I posted Corrie Ten Boom's 1974 letter. It has some good insight moreover to include Daniel's prophesy.

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
Rev 16:15-16 (KJV)

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev 20:10 (KJV)

The sword out of his mouth, surely means the scriptures and the preaching of the word? The only way that the saints can overcome antichrist.

Invicta and Samuel,

It will be a real two edged sword and real blood.

AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

Habakkuk 3:11–13 KJV
11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine
arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.
12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.
13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

Revelation 14:14–20 KJV
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

When the armies of earth are killed by our swords, the blood will flow up to the horse’s bridles for two hundred miles. Obviously, that is a lot of blood.

Invicta and Samuel,

It will be a real two edged sword and real blood.

I don't think so.

When something comes from the mouth, it signifies doctrine.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

This flood from the serpent's mouth was the doctrine of baptismal regeneration.

One might think we're raptured to escape God's wrath instead of going through it. What are ALL the things taking place - not just a battle in a valley.

Earth quakes splitting cities. Mountains being removed? and on and on. An Angel came out from Heaven and one from the alter ........... one may think much symbolism is used.

And as Invicta has said or implied, so I think --- symbolism must remain constant and carried through without change.

I don't think so.

When something comes from the mouth, it signifies doctrine.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

This flood from the serpent's mouth was the doctrine of baptismal regeneration.

Invicta,

The following passages explain what is happing between the serpent (Satan) and the woman (Israel).

Zechariah saw a vision of Jewish people in Jerusalem being rescued. In the middle of the tribulation, the Antichrist will come against Israel because they will not worship him or his image. As the armies of the world close in on the remnant of Israel, everything looks lost and hopeless.
However, at that time, the Lord Jesus will help Israel by making a way of escape. Jesus will split the Mount of Olives from east to west so that it forms a great valley when the two halves of the Mount of Olives move north and south. Israel will flee down that valley to the east while the armies of the world are stranded on the top of the Mount of Olives and all around Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14:1–5a KJV
1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided
in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal.

Jesus, the Lamb of God, is going to sit on the throne of Israel. Jesus comes to Israel to split the Mount of Olives so that Israel can flee from the dragon and the Antichrist’s army. Israel will go east, down the Lord’s valley, cross the Jordan River, turn right, and travel about one-third of the way down the other side of the Dead Sea to the river ford or the river crossing on the Arnon River in the country of Jordan and stay with the survivors of Moab.
Keep in mind that Daniel 11:41 tells us that Edom, Moab, and Ammon (Jordan) will escape out of the control of the Antichrist.
God spares Jordan from occupation by the Antichrist because the people of Israel who were not taken to America will be going there to live for three-and-a-half years with the survivors of Moab at the river ford on the Arnon river. Notice that Isaiah 16:3 says that the Lamb will make the noonday as night with a shadow! Remember this verse, because it is a clue to the location of the kingdom of the Antichrist. Later we will

126 �� AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

see that the shadow is from a permanent solar eclipse over Israel. While
that sounds impossible, nothing is impossible with God.

Isaiah 16:1–5 KJV
1 Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.
2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.
3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.
4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.
5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Satan will send a great army of soldiers to pursue the fleeing Jews. Do you remember what happened to the king of Egypt’s armies when they chased Israel through the divided Red Sea in the book of Exodus? (See Exodus 14:21–31.) Something similar is going to happen again. When the army of the Antichrist follows Israel down the valley, the Mount of Olives will swallow them, infuriating Satan.

Revelation 12:15–17 KJV
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Edited by Eric Stahl

I assure you will all have judgement in the next 100 years so does it really matter

Adam,

Revelation 19:10 KJV
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

We must study prophecy to get a better understanding of Jesus.

Eric's "literalising" of Scripture is dangerous, & destroys the true meaning. The sword in Jesus' mouth is clwearly his Word by any reasonable understanding.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth n
ot
my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

John 5:45 ff Do n
ot
think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is [one] that accuseth you, [even] Moses, in whom ye trust.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wr
ot
e of me. But if ye believe n
ot
his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Eric's "literalising" of Scripture is dangerous, & destroys the true meaning. The sword in Jesus' mouth is clwearly his Word by any reasonable understanding.
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth n
ot
my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

John 5:45 ff Do n
ot
think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is [one] that accuseth you, [even] Moses, in whom ye trust.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wr
ot
e of me. But if ye believe n
ot
his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

I believe it is words coming out of Jesus mouth. It is the command to attack the army of antichrist.

He spoke the world into existence. No little helpers needed. Lucifer drew a third part of Heaven............ and still got body slammed. In one aspect; Moses didn't do anything to whip Pharaoh.

God needs no help, but some times he gives assignments and oportunities for reward!

in their hand;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.

Armageddon

Psalms 149:4–9 KJV
4 For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek
with salvation.
in their hand;

I would think that these verses would fit better with our job as we rule and reign with Christ during the millenial reign of Christ. As there will be humans living during this time, nations and rulers of flesh who are responsible to Christ, so we will ruler over them, under Christ. There will be those who will reject His reign, and will thus be punished. I suppose, we will have the mind of Christ and will execute righteous judgment under Him.

Or so it would seem to me.

I would think that these verses would fit better with our job as we rule and reign with Christ during the millenial reign of Christ. As there will be humans living during this time, nations and rulers of flesh who are responsible to Christ, so we will ruler over them, under Christ. There will be those who will reject His reign, and will thus be punished. I suppose, we will have the mind of Christ and will execute righteous judgment under Him.

Or so it would seem to me.

Mike,

The judgment of antichrist and his army is written. I hope don't have kill people during the kingdom Age.

Isaiah 149:9
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord. Edited by Eric Stahl

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:12 (KJV)

dividing of the joints and marrow ------- physical When an author said, "the pen is mightier than the sword" - I don't think he had this in mind.

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels?
1 Cor 6:2-3 (KJV)

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:12 (KJV)

dividing of the joints and marrow ------- physical When an author said, "the pen is mightier than the sword" - I don't think he had this in mind.

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels?
1 Cor 6:2-3 (KJV)

Sam,
Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Edited by Eric Stahl

The word of God is more powerful. I think Jesus is coming at the last trump to gather His saints - forever shall we be with the Lord.

blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles ------------- who's working the winepress?

The word of God is more powerful. I think Jesus is coming at the last trump to gather His saints - forever shall we be with the Lord.

blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles ------------- who's working the winepress?

Sam,

God will send Jesus and his army to destroy the antichrist and his army.

Revelation 19:15
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Psalm 149:5-9
in their hand;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord. Edited by Eric Stahl

Know ye not that you'll even judge angels. We're not executing them. The judging is an honor given to the saints.

Eric, the thought is from good intentions I do believe; but,, out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword REV 19:15 Anyway; maybe someone else can help better than I or give it a re-think and more scriptures to back your logic. Don't accuse me of being the sharpest tack in the barrel.

Know ye not that you'll even judge angels. We're not executing them. The judging is an honor given to the saints.

Eric, the thought is from good intentions I do believe; but,, out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword REV 19:15 Anyway; maybe someone else can help better than I or give it a re-think and more scriptures to back your logic. Don't accuse me of being the sharpest tack in the barrel.

Sam,

God told Joshua to go into the promised land and kill every thing that breathed: man, woman, todler and babies.

Why is Psalm 149 so hard for you to believe?

What do you think it is saying?

Sam,

God told Joshua to go into the promised land and kill every thing that breathed: man, woman, todler and babies.

Why is Psalm 149 so hard for you to believe?

What do you think it is saying?

Reread Joshua. God only called for certain tribes to be exterminated, and that for a specific purpose. God called upon Israel to deal with all other tribes in another manner.

Reread Joshua. God only called for certain tribes to be exterminated, and that for a specific purpose. God called upon Israel to deal with all other tribes in another manner.

John,
There were some tribes out side the promised land Israel was not to destroy, but they were to destroy all the people in the promised land. They made a treaty with Gibeonites with out asking God, when they were deceived. If you have any other information I would be interested.

John,
There were some tribes out side the promised land Israel was not to destroy, but they were to destroy all the people in the promised land. They made a treaty with Gibeonites with out asking God, when they were deceived. If you have any other information I would be interested.

Actually, that's the point, only specific tribes were to be exterminated.

Actually, that's the point, only specific tribes were to be exterminated.

John read the following passage. I believe it means that the saints will do the killing at the battle of Armageddon, what do you believe the passage means?

Psalm 149:5-9
in their hand;