• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

SCOTUS on Obama Birth Cert.

• Members
Wow guys !!! Talk about a hashed up tread, and I thought it was over when the judge threw the case out. Interesting information......

BTW I am Prolife. I cannot imagine how anyone regardless of circumstances could kill their own child. God breathed life into man, and then made woman from man. God still breathes life into every child born. Its definately an act of defience when anyone tries to undo what God has created or allowed to be. How many mothers have wished they could undo their abortions, there are many...... Its only an act of God that they are able to deal with the hurt and pain of an abortion. I cannot support someone that supports abortion. Sorry, but no apologies on that, just not happening. A life is a life and deserves to live as God ment it to be.

:amen: :goodpost:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Actually, the races of man do exist, that's a biological fact. The thing is, God created us this way, unique for His own purposes and will. That doesn't mean any particular race is superior or inferior as God made us all human, Christ died for all men of all races. We might not be able to understand why God created the races of man, but it should be no shock considering he created varieties among the rest of his creation whether we are talking about the tree family or the cat family or whales. Our God is a creative being and it pleased Him to create humans in variety rather than all the same. The fact that some men have determined to use race as an excuse for sin is sad, but that's the nature of fallen man, to use that which God has created for sin, as is most clearly seen in regards to sex; beautiful and wonderful within marriage, wicked and sinful otherwise.

Rejoice in our creative God!

No, John.

Not different races, but different stocks are what God made.

I didn't want to hijack this thread, and neither did Anime, but whilst we're at it, just let me say that I think you are confusing stocks with the human race. There are three stock-types, the caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid. They all have the similar blood types, the same human DNA types and many other things common. This is why a black or yellow person can donate blood for a white person and vice versa as long as their blood types are compatible.

• Members

No, John.

Not different races, but different stocks are what God made.

I didn't want to hijack this thread, and neither did Anime, but whilst we're at it, just let me say that I think you are confusing stocks with the human race. There are three stock-types, the caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid. They all have the similar blood types, the same human DNA types and many other things common. This is why a black or yellow person can donate blood for a white person and vice versa as long as their blood types are compatible.

Well, whatever term one uses, whether race, stocks, breeds, species, or whatever other terms some use, the fact remains that God created specific differences among humanity.

While some aspects are the same between humans, proving their relatedness, there are some aspects that are different, proving their uniqueness. There are some bone marrow transplants that are race (stock) specific. A particular medicine was put on the market within recent years designed specifically to work in and for blacks.

While some see these uniqunesses and differences as something to be upset about, to cry about or to take pride in, I see them as another wonderful example of God great creativity.

Obama is of different racial, or stock, than I, but if he were he of some other stock and held the same positions he now holds that wouldn't change my beliefs regarding him at all.

• Administrators
ok if it's thou shall not kill why did Bush go and murder all of our troops for this waste of money war? If republicans were so good of outlawing abortion why is abortion still legal?

[offtopic]In answer to you first question - you obviously don't understand the importance of this war...remember we were attacked on 9-11-01. There are many naysayers about us being in Iraq, but they too don't understand the mindset of those who want to wipe us off the face of the earth. Waste of money war? Would you rather have it here in America? That's where the terrorists want it, and it is not here now simply because we are forcing them to focus in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'd rather it stay there, thank you. And, as has been stated, the ADULTS who join the military do it voluntarily. A very few whine and gripe about not having signed up to fight, but that's what the military is for. The bulk of the military is there because they want to protect this country they love. And, whether or not anyone believes it, that is just what they are doing in Iraq.

Second question: this has been answered before. Bush pushed through a ban on partial birth abortion, which BO has promised to lift. Bush also appointed some SCOTUS justices who, if it were brought back to the Court, would vote to end Roe v Wade and send the decision back to individual states, where it belonged in the first place. It's a slow process, but one that was in gear. All of the gains will be lost now. It doesn't matter if BO goes to women and forces them to have abortions. He doesn't want parents involved at all if minor girls get pregnant. He wants babies who survive abortions to be left to die (no lies, KJVK - he voted for that 3, count 'em, 3 times). He is very pro-abortion. And that is heinous, whoever it is.[/offtopic]

• Members
as has been stated, the ADULTS who join the military do it voluntarily

Exactly. They signed up to protect our country. They know the risks. Just like how police officers signed up knowing the risk as well. Or firefirghters. Yes, it is heartbreaking to see our troops die but it is their honor because they wanted to protect our country. Police officers die in their jobs too, and we honor them. So do firefighters. They don't deserve to die, but it happens because violences (yes, even fires is violence when it is intentional). They know that each day could be the last day they will ever hear from their friends and families again.

Whenever these people sign up for any risky jobs, we have to accept the fact they could die from their jobs or duties. So leave the troops dying out of it, and thanks them instead. Just attack the purpose of the war instead.

• Members

True, but I think that wars should be thought out thoroughly and used only as a last resort. The souldiers aren't to be used as toys, you must consider extremely carefully before sending them to war. Personally, I think Bush failed to do that and I think he went to war for the wrong reasons in Iraq. Perhaps you won't agree with the second part of what I said, but I can't imagine why anyone would disagree with the first part.

Anyways, I think we've gotten way off topic, so perhaps we should get back to that.

• Members

But, if you had all the information that President Bush has, you just might agree with him at the time he made the decisions.

Arm chair quarterbacks can make many calls after the fact, but 99.9 % of them are no good at making that call or doing something in the heat of the moment.

BTW I am Prolife. I cannot imagine how anyone regardless of circumstances could kill their own child. God breathed life into man' date=' and then made woman from man. God still breathes life into every child born.[/b'] Its definately an act of defience when anyone tries to undo what God has created or allowed to be. How many mothers have wished they could undo their abortions, there are many...... Its only an act of God that they are able to deal with the hurt and pain of an abortion. I cannot support someone that supports abortion. Sorry, but no apologies on that, just not happening. A life is a life and deserves to live as God ment it to be.

:goodpost::amen: Truthseeking! That is why this nation has abortion healing classes for women and men who have suffered this atrocity. Cornerstone--Among Women Pregnancy Crisis Centers conduct these classes "free" to anyone in need. It is fact that years later, after committing such a horrible act of murder...both women and men suffer psychological consequences in which, God alone, can cure a person's soul---through His Holy Word.

KJVKayBeliever...Roe v. Wade did not come along until 1973. I was in the third grade at the time. You see...legalized abortion is something fairly new in this nation. The woman who was supposed to have the abortion, never got one at all. She gave birth to and raised her child.

[offtopic]Please see John81's post on how Planned Parenthood came about. If you read it, you will see that it was designed to get rid of African Americans, Jews, Indians, and other so-called races which this group of Liberals believed were inferior to the "Master Race." It is a real "eye-opener" and quite disgusting, IMHO.[/offtopic]

Psalm 127:3...Lo, children, are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. "Sow in Tears, Reap in Joy" KJV 1611 AV.

About Roe v. Wade. Information on Norma McCorvey.

http://en.wikepedia.org/wiki/Norma_McCorvey

Norma McCorvey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Norma McCorvey
Born Norma Lee Nelson
September 22, 1947 (1947-09-22) (age 61)
Simmesport in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana
Other names Jane Roe
Occupation Director, Crossing Over Ministry
Religious beliefs Roman Catholic
Spouse(s) Woody McCorvey (divorced)
Partner Connie Gonzales (1970-92)
Children Melissa

Norma Leah McCorvey (n

[offtopic]An article on Planned Parenthood.[/offtopic]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/D,2933,35237,00.html

Pastors Accuse Planned Parenthood for 'Genocide' on Blacks

Thursday, April 24, 2008

By Kelley Beaucar Vlahos

* Respond
* Print

* Share:
o Digg
o Facebook
o StumbleUpon
o MySpace
o

WASHINGTON ? The Planned Parenthood Federation of America has perpetuated a ?genocide on the black community,? says a group of African-American pastors who claimed Thursday the birth control and abortion provider has had a racist agenda since its beginnings in 1921.

Holding a brief vigil and press conference in front of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Washington, D.C., the group of pastors and activists said they were incensed by the results of recent ?undercover? inquiries into several Planned Parenthood clinics across the country.

?Every day ? over 1,500 black babies are murdered inside the black woman?s womb,? said Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, of Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny (BOND). ?This is a race issue.?

The pastors urged Congress to initiate an audit of the organization and have written letters demanding that money for Planned Parenthood be eliminated from federal Title X funding, of which the group got $65 million for fiscal year 2007, according to pro-life Concerned Women of America. In total, Planned Parenthood received $300 million in government contracts and grants in the current fiscal year.

The national office of Planned Parenthood provided FOX News with a lengthy statement on Thursday in which it said its role in the African-American community is widespread because the need is greater.

?The (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) revealed that a shocking number of teenage African-American girls ? nearly half ? carry a sexually transmitted infection," reads the statement. "This compares to an overall average rate for all teenage girls of at least one in four.

?The largest increases in the teen birthrate were reported for non-Hispanic black teens, whose overall rate rose five percent in 2006. In addition, African-American women are more likely to die of breast cancer than the general population,? it said.

But an investigation, undertaken by students at the University of California at Los Angeles newspaper, The Advocate, revealed troubling responses from Planned Parenthood staffers when asked by an actor, posing as a ?donor,? if he could earmark his contribution for abortions for ?black babies? only.

In one example, Autumn Kersey, vice president for marketing at Planned Parenthood of Idaho, is asked whether a donation can be specified ?to help a minority group ? like the black community, for example.?

?Certainly,? Kersey says in a taped response in which she sounds genuinely encouraged by the offer. ?If you wanted to designate that your gift be used to help an African-American woman in need, then we would certainly make sure the gift as earmarked for that purpose.?

The caller responds: ?Great, because I really faced trouble with affirmative action, and I don?t want my kids to be disadvantaged against black kids. I just had a baby; I want to put it in his name.?

Kersey responds, ?Absolutely.?

The "donor" proceeds to proclaim that ?the less black kids out there the better,? followed by, ?understandable, understandable,? by Kersey, who laughed as if he were joking.

?Excuse my hesitation, this is the first time that I?ve had a donor call and make this kind of request, so I?m excited and want to make sure I don?t leave anything out,? she is recorded saying.

Kersey's and other statements were culled from calls to Planned Parenthood clinics in six states. In each, the staff person answering the call expressed an interest in taking the donations despite the caller?s overtly racist commentary.

That is part of a troubling trend, say critics, who accuse Planned Parenthood of targeting minority neighborhoods. They blame the institution for a disproportionate rate of abortions among black women.

?I think the media, and I think America, and certainly black folks, need to start thinking about race and Planned Parenthood, said Rev. Clenard Childress, who raised the question, not for the first time, about Planned Parenthood?s founder, Margaret Sanger, who died over 40 years ago at the age of 86.

Sanger, a pioneering advocate for universal access to birth control for women, was also a proponent of ?eugenics,? a philosophy that advocates social intervention, like birth control and abortion, for "improving" the hereditary traits of the human race. According to biographies written about Sanger, who was the sixth child of 11 eleven born to a rigid Catholic family in upstate New York, her support for this practice was focused on the ?unfit? and the poor ? slum dwellers ? as they were called at the time, by making contraceptives more available there.

Over the years, comments made by Sanger about reproduction among the poor and minorities have led to her reputation as a racist and a belief that she wanted to ?weed? out blacks from society. Planned Parenthood has disputed that caricature and has pointed out her supporters in the black community, including Martin Luther King Jr., and W.E.B DuBois. Nevertheless, Childress and others repeatedly invoked her name as a major force behind a century-long ?genocide? on the black community.

According to a report released by the group of Students for Life America on Tuesday, black women are 4.8 times more likely to have an abortion than white women, while the black population in the U.S. is in decline. Black women account for 36 percent of those having abortions in the U.S. today, according to group, while black children make up 17 percent of live births.

?Contrary to the public?s belief that Planned Parenthood is helpful and supportive of family planning and the health of the mother and child, recent news and research show that the roots of its foundation have continued to give birth to continual hatred and disdain for minorities that its founder saw as 'unfit,'? the group says in its report.

In its response, Planned Parenthood emphasized that 97 percent of its services are focused on providing contraceptives, breast and cervical cancer screenings and sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment ? not abortions.

?Those services are more important than ever as this country faces a health care crisis ? too many women can't afford birth control, too many families don?t have adequate health insurance coverage and too many young people are faced with unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections,? the organization said. ?As a safety-net provider, it is Planned Parenthood's mission to provide women, men and teens with affordable access to reproductive health care services and information, regardless of income.?

Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood of Idaho apologized in February for the comments made by its staff during the UCLA student investigation.

?A fundraising employee violated the organization?s principles and practices when she appeared to be willing to accept a racially motivated donation,? said the Idaho-based organization told the Idaho Statesman. ?We apologize for the manner in which this offensive call was handled. We take full responsibility for the actions of the fundraising staff member who created the impression that racism of any form would be tolerated at Planned Parenthood. We took swift action to ensure that each of our employees understands their responsibility to communicate clearly with donors about the fact that we believe in helping all individuals, regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation, make informed decisions about their reproductive health care.?

That's not enough for Lilly Epps, an activist who joined the pastors in denouncing Planned Parenthood on Thursday. She said she was 26 years old when she got an abortion in the clinic used to stage the protest. She said the day has come to get ?the truth? out about Planned Parenthood and what it is doing her community.

?I am a mad black woman,? she said. ?Words cannot say how angry I am, how ignorant I was. But I thank God I came to the truth.?

• Members

Actually, looking back over history and knowing what the presidents knew (or thought they knew) then, I disagree with the reasons and means most presidents used to get America involved in the wars she's been in.

History is clear that most of America's wars were pre-planned and especially arranged by nefarious means because the people of America would have never agreed to war otherwise.

• Members
Actually, looking back over history and knowing what the presidents knew (or thought they knew) then, I disagree with the reasons and means most presidents used to get America involved in the wars she's been in.

History is clear that most of America's wars were pre-planned and especially arranged by nefarious means because the people of America would have never agreed to war otherwise.

:goodpost: :amen:

Oh...this is so very true, John. My dad always told us as kids, that war is caused by at least 2 men disagreeing on something...usually, land.

War should be used as a last resort!! I DO believe that this situation in the Middle East was justifiable, given what happened to the USA on 9-11. It is clear to me, and many other people, that President Bush took our troops to where he felt was the "least restrictive" environment. Putting our troops in Iraq as apposed to Afghanistan was less hazardous to them. Also, people are unaware as to what has NOT been made know to the American public yet...and, might NOT be ever made known. Saddam Hussein had empty canisters of what once contained "nuclear weapons of mass destruction." The NUKES had been shipped to Iran and Syria prior to the arrival of our US troops in Iraq. We know that Russia has been feeding these tiny countries NUKES for years. That is a given!!

War is a necessary evil.

The Obama administration is left to carry this burden. While BO is worried about the US economy---terrorists sit and plot their every move. That is what they do---they strike us when we least expect it.

• Members
Oh...this is so very true, John. My dad always told us as kids, that war is caused by at least 2 men disagreeing on something...usually, land.

War should be used as a last resort!! I DO believe that this situation in the Middle East was justifiable, given what happened to the USA on 9-11. It is clear to me, and many other people, that President Bush took our troops to where he felt was the "least restrictive" environment. Putting our troops in Iraq as apposed to Afghanistan was less hazardous to them. Also, people are unaware as to what has NOT been made know to the American public yet...and, might NOT be ever made known. Saddam Hussein had empty canisters of what once contained "nuclear weapons of mass destruction." The NUKES had been shipped to Iran and Syria prior to the arrival of our US troops in Iraq. We know that Russia has been feeding these tiny countries NUKES for years. That is a given!!

War is a necessary evil.

The Obama administration is left to carry this burden. While BO is worried about the US economy---terrorists sit and plot their every move. That is what they do---they strike us when we least expect it.

Well, these attacks today in India will bring terrorism back to the fore front for we in the USA; and probably not a moment too soon!

Well, these attacks today in India will bring terrorism back to the fore front for we in the USA; and probably not a moment too soon!

I haven't had the TV on all day. What happened in India, trc?