• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Adamski

New Here

I grew up in a non religious home
Have. 2 degrees from Cornell university
Attended a "non denominational " for 7 years until they started mixing new age and prosperity gospel in. I saw a lot of sin and damge when this happend I really only went for the good coffee and music
Now I am not a member of a church but
Go to a covedent church, and catholic church every week for service and a bible study each
I go to the catholic church because my old pastor never read from the bible and in the catholic church they read a different new and old testament passage every week.
I spend about 2 hours a day studying religion

And am currently seeking since there are 38,000 different denominations

My biggest struggles are
Who interpretes the bible right
What books belong in the bible
Up until 1930 all Christians condemned birth control and now almost none do

I have read the bible over 20 times
KJV, niv, douay rhiems and codex sinicatus

God bless

6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Adamski,

You are more knowledgeable than most. I just made a post in reply to your question. I see you say you aren't saved. The Catholics have no means of salvation. Their bible is not a real Bible nor Christian. Codex A & B are from the poor strain out of Egypt.

No one interprets the Bible: We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2 Peter 1:19-21 (KJV)

No one can save him or her self. There's nothing you can do. No enticing words can make you saved by repeating some's thoughts on ideas that are good enough. Only God can save. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
John 6:65 (KJV) This heart conviction given by God Almighty can lead you thereby giving you a broken heart recognizing you placed Jesus on the cross and are in need of His salvation least you die in your sin....... It's this calling giving you a chance to open the door to Jesus' salvation. It is the free gift of God. It appears now that you have opened up and I suppose that not of yourself but a calling from God - heed His calling and come to Jesus. He can and will give you eternal life. This faith can and will give you eternal life through God's grace........

Today is the day of salvation; now is the appointed time. Don't delay....... I'm sure many here can help and talk to you. I've been save over 40 yrs now and the joy is beyond words having communion with Christ Jesus. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
John 10:26-30 (KJV) By the Holy Ghost of God you receive the circumcision of the heart and baptism by fire.

6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Welcome aboard!

We use the KJV for quoted scripture here.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Note this order: And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
John 6:65 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6 (KJV)

YOU can do nothing. I knew about Jesus when I was a child and fully believed he was the Son of God and all the miracles and all but unsaved. When I knew I had a chance for the salvation; I was in a dither and believed finally now I can have salvation - the real thing. I was ringing wet with sweat --- Jan 5, 1972 ~8:30PM. A new creature able to understand the Bible.

I have read the 1611 KJV and 1601 douay Rheims side by side and they are nearly identical so I'm sorry but the catholic bible is identical to the 1611 KJV it has 73 books and almost identical word for word. You can buy copies for very cheap
So no the catholic bible isnt different than KJV

I grew up near palmyra ny, where lds was founded and it is completely non historical so in my search I have eliminated emotions or feelings and in search of facts.

In my early Christianity search I have not found
Once saved always saved
But have found infant baptism and the Eucharist.
(don't get angry just a fact)

Some sources would be
Polycarp.
Igneous of Antioch
Apostles creed
Dideche

I would also state that I investigated Islam and there is no actual copies of Islamic writings for almost 300 years after Muhammad's death
When we have actual copies of Christian writings or writings about Christ within 37 years of his death such as dideche, dead sea scrolls, and Joesphus.

I have read the 1611 KJV and 1601 douay Rheims side by side and they are nearly identical so I'm sorry but the catholic bible is identical to the 1611 KJV it has 73 books and almost identical word for word. You can buy copies for very cheap
So no the catholic bible isnt different than KJV

I grew up near palmyra ny, where lds was founded and it is completely non historical so in my search I have eliminated emotions or feelings and in search of facts.

In my early Christianity search I have not found
Once saved always saved
But have found infant baptism and the Eucharist.
(don't get angry just a fact)

Some sources would be
Polycarp.
Igneous of Antioch
Apostles creed
Dideche

I would also state that I investigated Islam and there is no actual copies of Islamic writings for almost 300 years after Muhammad's death
When we have actual copies of Christian writings or writings about Christ within 37 years of his death such as dideche, dead sea scrolls, and Joesphus.

You are studying the wrong sources. Much better to study the Bible, of course if you are not born again in Christ, you will not be able to rightly understand most of the Scripture.

I implore you; if you feel/hear the calling of God, act upon it. God said, my spirit will not always strive with man. You cannot save yourself or just say within yourself I'll accept Christ Jesus now. No one has the promise of another day. You've said enough - you know and are guilty - repent and don't tempt God.

Welcome.

Without Shedding of Blood,
No Remission of Sin

(Hebrews 9:22)

"Without shedding of blood - no remission of sin,
Is my text for the morning," announced Pastor Winn;
"It's taken from Hebrews, nine twenty-two,
The Bible, God's Holy Word, I know now is true."

"What is that text?" asked Elder Brown
Of the man sitting next to him, H. W. Frown;
"Without shedding of blood no remission of sin, "
Replied Bander Frown - indignation within.

"Strange words are these for the Doctor to use,
That text's not for Gentiles - it's meant for the Jews, "
Remarked Deacon Good to his friend Elder Long
Who, too, was positive the pastor was wrong.

Many that morning were amazed as they heard
Dr. Winn call the Bible, "God's Holy Word."
Why, had he not said just a Sunday ago
There were things in the Bible he knew were not so ?

Did he not call the account of the Fall
And the story of Jonah not true at all ?
But great things had happened to Dr. Winn,
Dark had left, now the Light had come in.

He arose in his pulpit with countenance strange,
And started to tell of his wonderful change;
He told them with joy that on last Thursday morn
He accepted Christ Jesus and was now twice-born .

"Oh, my brothers and sisters," he continued to say,
"You too can be saved, and saved right today;
This salvation is free - you have nothing to pay,
Jesus is the Truth, the Life, and the Way.

"All who will accept Him now may come in,
But 'without shedding of blood there's no remission of sin';
From Adam, on down through the great human race,
God has saved in one way and that way is Grace.

"We all pride ourselves on the good that we do,
But all our good works will not take us through,
For 'without shedding of blood there's no remission of sin!'
You must accept Jesus or you cannot come in.

"Christ's blood for my sins was shed on the tree,
And it's trusting His blood that I am set free;
But without trusting this blood, there's no remission of sin,
No peace to the soul - no sweet rest within."

Then the preacher continued to make clear the way
From darkness of night to the brightness of day;
And as he dismissed the audience that morn,
Some stopped to inquire how they might be twice-born.

There were four in the morning and three more at night,
Who had come to the Savior with God to get right;
Two were Sunday school teachers, three sang in the choir,
Two were middle-aged men who had sunk in the mire.

But the Savior received them, immoral or not,
And now every stain His shed blood had washed out;
"Without His shed blood, no remission of sin,"
Is the song of the seven since Jesus came in.

If I wanted to know what cs lewis meant in screw tape diaries I would ask cs Lewis and if he wasnt available I would ask people that knew him

You can't learn the bible from the bible that's self refuting and lacks common sence or reason.

It makes no sence to ever argue scripture but the catholic church says this is confession to a priest

John 20:21-23
King James Version (KJV)
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Yes, you can learn from the Bible, within its pages we have everything a person needs to know in order to please God.

I have no use for C. S. Lewis. Some here may think he is the best thing since Kool Aid.

Ga 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Ga 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

With that said that would probably be best left for another topic.

Yes you can learn from the bible

But you can't learn what the bible means from the bible that is my point

Currently on the low end focus on the family says there are 20,000 different trinity denominations and on the high end wiki says there are 40,000

Which no agree even with in this forum there is disagreement

There can only be one truth and we are commanded to follow ALL of what our triune god taught us

So we must look at history and facts to determine the bibles meaning not feelings

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2 Cor 4:3-4 (KJV)

Adamski; you mock the gospel. You say you are lost and want to argue scripture and from an agenda. One may surmise you are a plant priest.

By your admission you have no authority as a child of God. Catholics were never Christian for one day and time hasn't changed anything.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Romans 1:22-32 (KJV)

That sums up the Catholics pretty well.

Edited by SamuelP

Adamski,

Why follow the Antichrist church of Catholicism. The whole Babylonian Satanic ritual thing such as the Eucharist that you try to push as the correct way to salvation is from your father the devil. You keep trying to establish Catholicism over Christianity and are going at great lengths to do so.

You reject Christ's salvation and ignore your lost state and make a game out of it. You change the subject and reject Jesus. One may get the impression you are in serious trouble as you change the subject and argue. Good people here have sincerely tried to help you and all you do is take your pride boasting how educated you are and that the Catholics have it right.

You have been found out!

Currently on the low end focus on the family says there are 20,000 different trinity denominations and on the high end wiki says there are 40,000

There can only be one truth and we are commanded to follow ALL of what our triune god taught us

So we must look at history and facts to determine the bibles meaning not feelings

That's like saying you can't learn maths from a maths book - the Bible is where the spiritual information is.

Yes we need to look at the context of a passage in history, but we don't get our doctrine from history. We get our doctrine from the Bible, and no amount of history will change or overrule what the Bible says.

Attended a "non denominational " for 7 years until they started mixing new age and prosperity gospel in. I saw a lot of sin and damge when this happend I really only went for the good coffee and music
Go to a covedent church, and catholic church every week for service and a bible study each
I go to the catholic church because my old pastor never read from the bible and in the catholic church they read a different new and old testament passage every week.

My biggest struggles are

God bless

6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Welcome to the forum. How does one get to heaven Adamski?

If you can't learn what the Bible means from the Bible them you cannot learn what the Bible means, thus your saying God did a very poor job of inspiring the writers of the Bible thus your your judging God. That's not very nice, & not the smart thing to do.

If does it 100% to be a saved person. For the person to have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

And after all, God has told us this, & God does not lie.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Be assured, God would not have told us this if not true.

And he has also told us this.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

With this Book of Holy Scriptures God has provided the man of God is, throughly furnished unto all good works having everything he needs & it is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Of course starting out it helps much to have someone to get you started.

My biggest struggles are

God bless

It seems that you are echoing the voice of Joseph Smith, the founder of the Moormon cult. He began by noticing the bickering among Christians, and looking for the one perfect church. He never found it, nor started it, but things remain just as they were, if not worse because of it.

Jesus said: Joh 8:32 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

The TRUTH shall MAKE you free, not "set" you free, but "Make you free" Are you really free? No, you are lost in searching for truth. Edited by irishman

One gets to heaven

I was saved 2000 years ago at the cross

I was save when I was baptized

I am saved with my daily actions in coroperation
With the Grace I have been given

I will be saved when christ comes again

Einstein created is own math to make calculations as others have done. You can't make change for a dollar with your IQ. You're just another one of Satan's children most likely a pedophile yourself - certainly a pervert; of that there is no doubt.

One gets to heaven

Adamski, if you sinned all day today and died tonight, would you still go to heaven?

No it seems like you are echoing lds since you
Deny haitorical facts

No you can't learn math from a math book with out a teacher

I don't ask the devil about sin either, I go to the Bible.
If you wish to learn about someone, got to his friends, or better yet, his enemies. Doesn't matter because everyone is biased in their opinions.

One gets to heaven

If that's what you truly believe, you are not biblically saved. As Scripture says, you need to examine yourself, search the Scriptures, repent and be born again in Christ.

In the year 936, the grandson of the prostitute Marozia, after several bloody encounters with his opponents, succeeded in taking possession of the pontifical throne under the name of John XII. But his vices and scandals became so intolerable, that the learned and celebrated Roman Catholic Bishop of Cremorne, Luitprand, says of him: -- "No honest lady dared to show herself in public, for the Pope John had no respect either for single girls, married women, or widows -- they were sure to be defiled by him, even on the tombs of the holy apostles, Peter and Paul.
That same John XII. was instantly killed by a gentleman, who found him committing the act of adultery with his wife.

It is a well-known fact that Pope Boniface VII. had caused John XIV. to be imprisoned and poisoned, and when he soon after died, the people of Rome dragged his naked body through the streets, and left it, when horribly mutilated, to be eaten by dogs, if a few priests had not secretly buried him.
Let the readers study the history of the celebrated Council of Constance, called to put an end to the great schism, during which three popes, and sometimes four, were every morning cursing each other and calling their opponents Antichrists, demons, adulterers, sodomists, murderers, enemies of God and man.
As every one of them was an infallible pope, according to the last Council of the Vatican, we are bound to believe that they were correct in the compliments they paid to each other.

One of these holy (?) popes, John XXIII., having appeared before the Council to give an account of his conduct, he was proved by thirty-seven witnesses, the greater part of whom were bishops and priests, of having been guilty of fornication, adultery, incest, sodomy, simony, theft, and murder. It was proved also by a legion of witnesses, that he had seduced and violated 300 nuns. His own secretary, Niem, said that he had at Boulogne, kept a harem, where not less than 200 girls had been the victims of his lubricity.

And what could we not say of Alexander VI.? That monster who lived in public incest with his two sisters and his own daughter Lucretia, from whom he got a child.

They are worse now than then: they sell orphans as sex slaves and kill children that are orphaned in their care. Eye witness testimonies are available.

Stand in the Holy place ---- we must enter our prayer closet and seek God's face and examine ourselves. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God. Many times I've knelt with tears and knowing I was before a Holy God and a peace comes over and a smile when He give peace and joy.