• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Adamski

Birth Control

I have been studying the biblical basis for using birth control and genesis 38 condems it and the first use of condoning it started in the 1930's

How do we justify it if it isn't in the bible

I also studyied the history of contraception and it has been available for over 3000 years

I believe the bible says we should not use birth control

Scripture indicates it is God who is to control the womb, not us. Our faith and trust is to be in God, allowing Him to decide the number and timing of children we have.

Birth control was first seriously pushed in America as a means to control the colored population. The next major push for birth control was intended to "set women free", and this accompanied the "free love" movement and radical feminism.

Ok now what do we do about spreading the word that is is unbiblical

I have never heard a pastor preach against it

Pastors used to preach against birth control until they backed off because of the changing culture and because Catholics began speaking out against it louder. Now it's common to hear even Baptist pastors say this is only a Catholic matter, or there is nothing wrong with birth control, even when most birth control methods are actually abortificants.

The main problem with getting Christians to actually live biblically is they fear trusting God with such matters. The idea of fully surrendering every aspect of ones life scares most American Christians and they don't have enough faith to trust God with most of their lives.

No matter how hard you try you're going to have opponents to this: It wasn't hard for me to learn to swim; after I got my hands untied and the burlap sack opened, I found swimming to shore rather easy ;-D

The Catholics murder; they kill babies after they are born. Small bones in lime pits in monasteries are a testimony to this.

Sam you are acting strange
I have not mentioned the catholic church

My family came to the united states before ww2 and there is a chance I'm Jewish seeking christ

Orthodox Judism also recognizes genesis 38 as birth control being unbiblical

Adamski.............. you say there is a chance that you are Jewish and seeking Christ Jesus? And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
John 6:65 (KJV)

I am strange; a new creature in a vast minority. I know you didn't mention the Catholics - I did. Their acting pious all-the-while killing babies ill produced by nuns claiming a lie that they are for birth control. The priest are raping young girls and boys and women and married women as well. It is well documented for centuries by former priest. http://www.biblebelievers.com/chiniquy/

I don't see anything wrong with birth control, but I do see it as a personal matter. If a couple feels God calls them to not use birth control, then they would be doing wrong by using birth control. On the other hand, if a couple feels as though nothing is wrong with it, then it is fine. This is a private matter between a couple and God.

I don't see anything wrong with birth control, but I do see it as a personal matter. If a couple feels God calls them to not use birth control, then they would be doing wrong by using birth control. On the other hand, if a couple feels as though nothing is wrong with it, then it is fine. This is a private matter between a couple and God.

It doesn't have anything to do with our feelings, which you raise about dozens of points in Scripture, it has to do with trusting God and living by the Word.

Genisis 38

Onen was put to death for birth control

Onan was put to death for refusing to honour his brother.
The purpose of his refusal is even stated in the passage "lest that he should give seed to his brother".

It has nothing whatsoever to do with birth control. Edited by DaveW

Why play God, why not trust God with it, leave it in His hands, that's called having faith.

Ge 29:31 And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.

After all he can do this, & He knows much better that we do.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14

So is an iud or the birth control pill a personal matter since it can kill a fertilized egg???

Or what about abortion Or assisted sucicide is that a personal matter??

There are many forms of birth control.

Some use a condom. This prevents the sperm from reaching the egg.

Birth control pills work by releasing a hormone into the body to prevent ovulation. If there is no ovulation, the egg is never fertilized, an thus there is no life.

Many IUDs work by slowly releasing copper or a hormone into the uterus. The copper stops the sperm in the vagina, stopping it from entering the uterus, thus the egg is never fertilized.

So no, this is not an abortion. Life never begins.

I find it very interesting how some people can be "pro-life," yet one thing that would dramatically reduce the number of abortions (birth control) is demonized. What a contradiction.

So yes, birth control is a very personal matter. Scripture is silent on the issue. And don't give me that Onan "spilled his seed" on the ground. He had a legal duty to his brother's wife to impregnate her under Jewish law, and was avoiding his legal and familial obligation. That has nothing to do with birth control.

So if you believe birth control is wrong, is it wrong to "pull out" before ejaculation to prevent pregnancy? If not, how is that different than prevent the sperm fertilizing the egg by using a pill or condom? Should a couple merely avoid sex during times of probable ovulation? How is that different than using a form of birth control to prevent the sperm and egg joining? If a couple cannot handle any more children, should they abstain from sex altogether? Again, how is that different than birth control? I'm curious as to your thinking on this.

Your comment indicates you think all forms of birth control are wrong. Do you think it should be illegal? Do you think its use should be discouraged? If it were illegal, the unwanted pregnancies and abortions would skyrocket, which is a terrible result. How to you reconcile this? Edited by kindofblue1977

One thing for sure, people ought to think about their relationship with God, & stop worrying about every one else, we each will stand before God giving account of our self. I promise you, God can & will judge His own people without our help.

@ jerry we are obligated to evangelize the entire gospel

Please, don't say said something that I did not say. I take it your replying to In that post I did not insinuate what you stated above.

What we are to do is quite clear, we are to go, teach, baptize, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you

Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen

Your picking everyone else apart, saying what others do, bringing up the bad others do, perhaps you need to clean up your own doorsteps, before worrying about others. Them when you get it clean up, them you might be in shape to truly carrying the Gospel.