• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

RSS Robot

Obama's Win Part Of Big Election Setback For Social Conservatives

One of the problems is, things like abortion, homosexual "marriage" and such matters are not "moral issues" they are biblical issues. Instead of confronting the fact people are turning from Christ, turning from biblical beliefs, most Christians have turned these matters into political matter, and addressing them as "moral issues" and "family values". In doing this they have yoked with Catholics, Mormons and even Muslims and others in some cases. The only way they could do this was by watering down or dropping the biblical aspects.

Instead of drawing closer to Christ themselves and going forth spreading the Gospel and making disciples, most Christians have taken the political approach.

The country will not suddenly embrace "morals" or "family values" that line up with Scripture simply because it's been packaged as politics. True change of this nature requires a move of the Holy Ghost, men being born again in Christ. How will this happen if they don't hear because we aren't taking them the Gospel?

Instead of drawing closer to Christ themselves and going forth spreading the Gospel and making disciples, most Christians have taken the political approach.

I was talking to some family members about this. There is a song out there today that makes the statement that "...people don't know what were for because we're too busy telling them what we're against." And I see this in my family and alot of Christians. They focus on homosexuality and abortion and forget the Gospel. Jesus told us to spread the Gospel, not complain about certain sins. My mom accused me of having the attitude that Christians shouldn't stand for what is right and against sin and that Christians shouldn't get involved in politics. She is wrong. I don't have a problem with Christians being in politics. I believe the Bible is clear in telling us that we should only support Christian politicians; therefore, Christians should be in politics. I believe that we can stand against "sin" by voting for Christians that are against "sin" and immorality. But I don't believe we should grab a sign and picket funerals, etc. because we hate homosexuality or any other sin. If Christians have time to do this, they have time to spread the Gospel.
I was reading in Exodus where Moses first went to Pharaoh and asking him to listen to God and let the people go. Pharaoh came back with a very interesting comment...
Exodus 5:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go.

If people don't know God, why should they care that he is against homosexuality and abortion and birth control and every other "moral" issue? This is why were told to spread the Gospel. People need to know Christ before we expect them to obey Christ.

I was talking to some family members about this. There is a song out there today that makes the statement that "...people don't know what were for because we're too busy telling them what we're against." And I see this in my family and alot of Christians. They focus on homosexuality and abortion and forget the Gospel. Jesus told us to spread the Gospel, not complain about certain sins. My mom accused me of having the attitude that Christians shouldn't stand for what is right and against sin and that Christians shouldn't get involved in politics. She is wrong. I don't have a problem with Christians being in politics. I believe the Bible is clear in telling us that we should only support Christian politicians; therefore, Christians should be in politics. I believe that we can stand against "sin" by voting for Christians that are against "sin" and immorality. But I don't believe we should grab a sign and picket funerals, etc. because we hate homosexuality or any other sin. If Christians have time to do this, they have time to spread the Gospel.
I was reading in Exodus where Moses first went to Pharaoh and asking him to listen to God and let the people go. Pharaoh came back with a very interesting comment...
Exodus 5:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go.

If people don't know God, why should they care that he is against homosexuality and abortion and birth control and every other "moral" issue? This is why were told to spread the Gospel. People need to know Christ before we expect them to obey Christ.

Amen!!! All too often Christians want to focus upon a certain sin or two, get angry about such, shout at the lost about the wickedness of this sin, and quote Scripture these people don't know, about a God they either know nothing about or thinks is a hateful, mean and angry God because of what they see from Christians.

If we don't first take the Gospel to the lost, if we are unwilling to go forth in the love of Christ, kindly and compassionately explaining to folks who God is, who Jesus is, helping them to know that God loves them, what He has done for them because of His love and how they can know God through Jesus, we are putting cart after cart in front of the horse.

I constantly hear Christians who are abrassive, confrontational, antagonistic and loud with the lost over particular sin claim that everyone already knows who God is and they know what the Bible says. However, evidence indicates this isn't the case. Even those lost folks who think they know who God is and know something of Scripture typically have a very wrong understanding of both. Many other lost folks are oblivious as to who the true God is or what the Bible says. Many folks in America today have never read the Bible, never attended Sunday school, never attended church. Many others who may have had some time in a church attended watered down or worldly churches. We need to approach them from the beginning, telling them who God is, telling them of His love for them, laying a foundation so we can share the Gospel with them in a way they may understand.

As trc123 said, the real problem is a heart problem, unless we reach their heart with the love of Christ and they are born again in Christ, there will be no real change. We won't change the lost or this country in a truly positive manner by attacking lost sinners. The only truly positive change we will see in lost sinners and this country will come about through helping lost sinners be born again in Christ.