• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Looks As If Mr. Obama Has Won The Race

• Members
Fox news is saying he has reached 270 electoral votes & it takes only 270 to win

Before any of you blame me take notice my home state supported Mr. Romney so my vote would have changed anything.

Like the election 4 years ago, again the republican political party, the powers that be within it, did not give Americans a good person to vote for, not even a conservative one.

• Members

My wife and parents already let me know that I can't complain because I wrote in Virgil Goode's name for president and did not support Romney. I am fine with that. Romney did not represent me with my Christian conservative beliefs and I am not upset that I didn't support him. Obama won and I still have faith God is in control. Looking at the positive, this is a good "come to Jesus" moment for the Republican party that unless they have a strong conservative running, they will lose. Although the 2008 election should have done the same thing. McCain, like Romney, is not a conservative candidate.

This is good for soul-winning. With all the "evil" that Obama represents, maybe some limp-wristed/liberal/so-called Christians will be scared because of the election results and realize it is time to get back to God to turn this country around. Praise the Lord, God is in control.

My vote for Goode didn't count in the grand scheme of things because West Virginia over whelmingly went for Romney. My wife and parents might come around and realize my vote did not support Obama, but I don't want them to do this. I am quite happy to have not supported Romney and want them to know that I will not cave in on my beliefs to support the "lesser of two evils." I will stand firm, period!

• Members

Born again Christians and true conservatives should have expected this. Once again the Republican candidate was a liberal. The Republican candidate was a false god worshipper calling upon his false god to bless his campaign.

Perhaps now more Christians will finally take their eyes off politics, stop looking to man for what only God can provide, and set their eyes on Christ and seek His kingdom first.

Our real battle is against the Enemy, our real duty is to give our all for Christ. In the Cross posted the topic President Obama Won The 2012 Presidential Election and put forth some words of wisdom from Scripture we should all abide in.

America has chosen the course of wickedness, chose to turn her back upon Christ, chose to go her own way. It seems ever more clear God is turning America over to her own wickedness, which we see in Scripture is the final chastisement and attempt to awake a nation before that nation falls. It's not just that liberals and the ungodly did so well in the elections, but we see the homosexual agenda has gained through the election as well.

May we Christians turn to God, fight this battle as we should, live for Christ in accord with His Word, pursue holiness in our own lives, spread the Gospel, make disciples and be about His business for His glory and honour for as long as we are here.

2 Corinthians 10:3-4

King James Version (KJV)

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

1 Timothy 2:1-2

King James Version (KJV)

2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

• Members

I talked with my mom this morning and she is so upset Obama won. In tears upset. I quoted a verse to her:

Jeremiah 17:5
King James Version (KJV)

5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

What was Romney going to do better than Obama? Fix the economy? So I am to put my trust in a man to make things easier and better for me? Bullocks!! (I hope that isn't a curese word, I just know the English us it.)

No matter the economy, God is going to provide for me and my family. I feed my wife and kids and clothe them and provide a place for them to live. I do all this and yet I am a filthy rag. How much more will a loving God provide these things? Obama won. So what? I was upset about the condition of this country long before election night. Americans turned thier back on God long before election night. This election does not add to nor take away from the work we as Christians need to be doing.

If the economy fails, I still have God. If the nation's Christian values cease, I still have God. If everything I own vanishes, I still have God. My mom is so upset because she put too much faith in Romney and is scared of what Obama might do with another four years. A little faith in God goes along way.

I listened to an interview with Bill O'Reilly on election night. It was early in the evening and he had no clue how the election might turn out. He talked about the topic of exit polling and the large amount of people citing hurricane Sandy as a factor. He was amazed how well this hurricane boosted the presidents popularity. He felt the hurricane could possibly win the election for Obama. Who controls the weather? Who knew since the beginning of time that this hurricane would help a president win an election? Whether those who voted for Romney will admit it or not, God's hand was in this election. God has spoken, and we need to listen.

• Members

I put this on my Facebook page.
America is in the shape it is in because the people of America would rather have man rule their lives than God.

In ancient Israel, the people cried out to Samuel to give them a king to rule over them. God said that in choosing a king, the Israelites had rejected Him.

America does not need a POTUS... it needs God. Over the last several decades, our country has gotten further and further in debt, immorality and crime has escalated. And in the last four years, Obama has taken our country even further downhill. And yet the majority of people seem to not care. They want to see more destruction, deceit, and denigration of standards worked through the hands and mind of Barack Hussein Obama.

Be assured... they got their king and they will regret it.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

When Obama won his second term I was really upset. A while later I was thinking of the second verse of our national anthem. "o thus be it ever when free men shall stand , between their loved homes ,and wars desolation............." I dawned on me this is not my loved home.  So I wrote the following words for our anthem.

Oh say can you sing

with the saints gone before

of Jesus our king  and His wondrous salvation

how in ne'r ending love came to die on the tree,

to rise from the grave , to gain final victory.

so raise your praise high, with the angels rejoice

let this be our cry, Jesus Christ is our choice

His banner o'er us is the love He has shown.

and we'll live eternally in our heavenly home.

to the tune of our "Star Spangled  Banner"