• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Covenanter

Myths, Lies, And Half-Truths

An email from "American Vision"

(e-Book PDF Download)

Myths, Lies, and Half Truths

MythsLiesandHalfTruths.1__24896.12895774 Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths takes a closer look at God's Word and applies it to erroneous misinterpretations of the Bible that have resulted in a virtual shut-down of the church's full-orbed mission in the world (Acts 20:27).

Due to these mistaken interpretations and applications of popular Bible texts to contemporary issues, the Christian faith is being thrown out and trampled under foot by men (Matt. 5:13).

Too many Christians believe that the Bible is irrelevant this side of heaven. While the homosexual community, which makes up about 1% of our population, exercises tremendous impact on our culture and laws, Christians, who make up about 35% of the population, have voluntarily abandoned the culture war, electing to hide the gospel under a bushel instead.

Our nation is in a crisis. The world is crying out for answers in the face of bewildering and seemingly unsolvable problems. Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths shows that the Bible has real answers to these problems— answers the church is currently ignoring.

Christianity's failure to show itself practical in the past 150 years has guaranteed the success of secularism and militant Islam, both of which are doing incalculable harm at home and abroad. The rejection of any type of "this-worldly" application of the Bible has resulted in the proliferation of man-centered worldviews that have steadily drained the life out of our world and left behind a spiritual vacuum.

Will the church of Jesus Christ be prepared with biblical answers for the millions who will be ready to follow the light of the gospel as the folly of humanism and Islam is made manifest? (2 Tim. 3:9).

Now is the time to make the necessary theological preparations. It is my prayer that Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths will help in that task.

-Gary DeMar

Yes, some of Jesus' Churches are out there keeping up the good fight. But its only Jesus' true churches that are doing so, & they will be the only ones that do so.

But there's still lots of money to be made by preaching & selling books to the choir. Which what we all ought to be doing is carrying Christ to the lost & dying. But there's not as much money to be made in doing so, not as much prestige to be had plus its much easier to preach & write books for the choir. That's my humble opinion.

Throughout the ages since Jesus walked & taught on this earth there's been many a unknown, unnamed, unrecognized Christians out there in the trenches quietly doing the job God gave them while never preaching to the choir nor making big bucks nor receiving worldly recognition. Yet they will be the ones that will be in God's hall of fame receiving just reward for the work they have done.

Yes, some of Jesus' Churches are out there keeping up the good fight. But its only Jesus' true churches that are doing so, & they will be the only ones that do so.

But there's still lots of money to be made by preaching & selling books to the choir.

Sometimes we MUST preach to the choir, because even the choir need to learn the music better, and practice to better sing before others. Besides, our 'choir book' is so full of songs and arias most of the choir hasn't learned, and they need to be taught, so that they might both make a joyful noise unto the Lord, and also have a more rounded performance before our audience. What a blessing a well-taught and practiced choir can be to those who have never heard the music!

Sometimes we MUST preach to the choir, because even the choir need to learn the music better, and practice to better sing before others. Besides, our 'choir book' is so full of songs and arias most of the choir hasn't learned, and they need to be taught, so that they might both make a joyful noise unto the Lord, and also have a more rounded performance before our audience. What a blessing a well-taught and practiced choir can be to those who have never heard the music!

And those unknown unsung pastors are out there doing that each & every week in Jesus' New testament Churches that I referred to, doing as God leads them. Its their job & they take feeding the sheep very seriously.

When I read the title of this thread, I had an instant flash-back to when I was working in the Brig while I was in the Navy. We required the prisoners/detainees/awardees to recite verbatim a series of definition, one of the being Deception.

Me: "What is Deception?!"

Prisoner: "Lies, half-truths, partial truths, withholding the truth, not telling the full truth; Petty Officer!"

I know, off topic, but I just had to share!