Dr James Ach

What Are The Five Most Debated Topics

The Five Most Debated Biblical Issues  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Are The Five Most Debated Biblical Topics

• The Trinity
    • The Rapture
    • Eternal Security (Once Saved Always Saved)
    • The King James Bible
    • Other

There are alot of debated topics among Bible believers and between Bible believers and other religions. On our website at do right Christians I'm going to select five of the most debated topics and would like your input:

My five that I believe are the most debated are:

1) The Trinity (which includes arguments about the deity of Christ)
2) The Rapture
3) Eternal Security
4) The King James Bible
5) Haven't decided yet

On my fifth one, I might be inclined to say standards. That seems to be a major argument from IFB against other denominations and why IFBers are criticized so much and accused of "legalism". That topic would cover issues like homosexuality, long hair, dress styles, music and just all around worldliness where other denominations believe they have liberty to live like the rest of the world.

Edited by DrJamesA

Totally depends on if its among ALL religions, or among Baptists in general. Within Baptists, I'd say KJV, standards (which includes a LOT of stuff), Rapture/Trib, Music, and tithing.

Within all religions it gets more broad...... eternal security, Trinity (including Jesus being God), Creation theories, Heaven/Hell, the Devil....and more. I actually would not consider the KJV to be a debate outside of the Baptist/conservative denomination.

The top two I deal with the most are 1) Once saved, always saved and 2)Baptism: Act of obediance, or required for salvation?

Obviously I know the answer to both, but I have yet to convince my family of the Biblical truths involved with them.

I would say the rapture, except that virtually no IFB's want to even broach the subject, and I find myself in a minority in my belief. So probably the King James Bible, or, separation, as far as where to draw the line, WHEN do we separate, and from whom.

I would say the rapture, except that virtually no IFB's want to even broach the subject, and I find myself in a minority in my belief. So probably the King James Bible, or, separation, as far as where to draw the line, WHEN do we separate, and from whom.

The rapture has been spoken about quite a bit on here, just wait, it will pop up. I believe most IFB's, Baptist, do not believe in no separation.

The rapture has been spoken about quite a bit on here, just wait, it will pop up. I believe most IFB's, Baptist, do not believe in no separation.

Perhaps its only been my experience, but most that I know don't want to consider the possibility that the rapture may not be pre-tribulation. Its just a non-possibility in many minds, as it once was in mine, until I was challenged to really investigate it by a close loved one.
As far as separation, they believe in it, but the boundaries are beginning to be widened by many, especially in the areas of music. Some churches, maybe more than we would like to think, have begun to adaqpt CCM for use in service, which will surely, inevitably lead to more use, and less adaptation. If you're familiar with Dan Lucarini's book on CCM, that's how it starts-slowly. He was a CCM worship leader and he knows how to move a church from traditional to contemporary. Thisa is why I say the separation is slipping away.

Perhaps its only been my experience, but most that I know don't want to consider the possibility that the rapture may not be pre-tribulation. Its just a non-possibility in many minds, as it once was in mine, until I was challenged to really investigate it by a close loved one.
As far as separation, they believe in it, but the boundaries are beginning to be widened by many, especially in the areas of music. Some churches, maybe more than we would like to think, have begun to adaqpt CCM for use in service, which will surely, inevitably lead to more use, and less adaptation. If you're familiar with Dan Lucarini's book on CCM, that's how it starts-slowly. He was a CCM worship leader and he knows how to move a church from traditional to contemporary. Thisa is why I say the separation is slipping away.

On separation, they say they believe in it, yet they don't practice it. Most Christians hates the word separation, & will yoke together with anyone that comes along. The local SBC in the small town down the highway has followed Mr. Graham's leading.

Of course Mr. Graham is the father of breaking down the walls of separation since the 50's, did a great job of it for the old Devil.

Rapture will be per-trib, several on here says otherwise.

On separation, they say they believe in it, yet they don't practice it. Most Christians hates the word separation, & will yoke together with anyone that comes along. The local SBC in the small town down the highway has followed Mr. Graham's leading.

Of course Mr. Graham is the father of breaking down the walls of separation since the 50's, did a great job of it for the old Devil.

Rapture will be per-trib, several on here says otherwise.

I was pre-trib for a long time, until I actually studied it out and am now in the post-trib/pre-wrath camp, as it were. I don't generally argue it, as I believe that ultimately the Lord will come when He comes. Well, I admit to having gotten into it a couple times, but mostly with those who outright refuse to even consider the biblical evidence that changed my mind. But I have learned that everyone must stand where they choose, so, unless someone wants to know why I changed, I don't make a big deal ab out it, as I don't see it as a separation subject.

I was pre-trib for a long time, until I actually studied it out and am now in the post-trib/pre-wrath camp, as it were. I don't generally argue it, as I believe that ultimately the Lord will come when He comes. Well, I admit to having gotten into it a couple times, but mostly with those who outright refuse to even consider the biblical evidence that changed my mind. But I have learned that everyone must stand where they choose, so, unless someone wants to know why I changed, I don't make a big deal ab out it, as I don't see it as a separation subject.

Yes, I studied it out too, many times in my 65 years, & I feel sure it will be pre-trib.

We're kind of debating that issue on it's turned into a debate about preterism, but if you're a preterist then you don't believe in a rapture anyway. But I'll save the explanation for the mid-tribs misinterpretation of Rev 7:14 and all the other mid-tripbber proof texts for another thread LOL. Rosenthal don't scare me :)

Of course I believe in the rapture, the Bible is quite plain about that even though the word rapture does not appear in the Bible. I would be careful stating what one believes or does not believe until they state their beliefs about an issue.

Of course I believe in the rapture, the Bible is quite plain about that even though the word rapture does not appear in the Bible. I would be careful stating what one believes or does not believe until they state their beliefs about an issue.
He did state his belief "mid trib/pre wrath"; that is the Rosenthal doctrine (he's the one that made it popular) and preterists don't believe in a rapture because by definition a preterist believes that all the rapture verses in Thessalonians, Titus, Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark13, and Revelation 1-19 were all fulfilled in AD 70.

Taking the average fundy web site forum, like this one for example. I would have to say since around 2006 I think I began posting here. I am pretty sure that I have read reams of arguments about pants on women. I have also read at least 10 threads on tithing. Then every so often another thread pops up on OT salvation as opposed to some diea that folks looked back to the cross or something like that. Then there is always the ever faithful Calvinists that seem to plague the IFB sites. Can´t figure that one out excpet that they are just scholary looking geekds looking for a free audience... And what could we say about music?? Oh man talk about a can of worms!!
Can´t recall any threads that went on about the Trinity.
I wouldn´t count the category KJB as a "debate", but just a place to specialize. Hey, where´s Branplucked been hanging out? That brother was detailed to a tee!

Then of course no IFB forum place would be complete unless every now and then folks got to kicking and screaming over the nature of the church. Is it local only (watch out them "universalists" don´t peg you as a Brider!) or is a "Universal? Neither term appears in the scripture yet both concepts certainly do.

I think the poll is looking at the wrong stuff, with all due respect Doc.

Funny thing is, we never seem to get it all nailed down, because we all go right back to our way of thinking and as we all know, God is on my side! lol

God bless,
calvary

Taking the average fundy web site forum, like this one for example. I would have to say since around 2006 I think I began posting here. I am pretty sure that I have read reams of arguments about pants on women. I have also read at least 10 threads on tithing. Then every so often another thread pops up on OT salvation as opposed to some diea that folks looked back to the cross or something like that. Then there is always the ever faithful Calvinists that seem to plague the IFB sites. Can´t figure that one out excpet that they are just scholary looking geekds looking for a free audience... And what could we say about music?? Oh man talk about a can of worms!!
I wouldn´t count the category KJB as a "debate", but just a place to specialize. Hey, where´s Branplucked been hanging out? That brother was detailed to a tee!

Then of course no IFB forum place would be complete unless every now and then folks got to kicking and screaming over the nature of the church. Is it local only (watch out them "universalists" don´t peg you as a Brider!) or is a "Universal? Neither term appears in the scripture yet both concepts certainly do.

Funny thing is, we never seem to get it all nailed down, because we all go right back to our way of thinking and as we all know, God is on my side! lol

God bless,
calvary

Branplucked runs a website @ the KJV now. brandplucked.webs.com/links.htm

God bless,
calvary

Good post. The main reason nothing ever gets nailed down and everyone goes on in the same thinking is because most go into such discussions with a closed mind, determined to argue and debate their view into being accepted rather than going in with an open mind and seeing where the Spirit leads such a discussion.

God bless,
calvary

That would fall into a category of what SHOULD be discussed. This thread is merely for data gathering about what IS discussed

He did state his belief "mid trib/pre wrath"; that is the Rosenthal doctrine (he's the one that made it popular) and preterists don't believe in a rapture because by definition a preterist believes that all the rapture verses in Thessalonians, Titus, Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark13, and Revelation 1-19 were all fulfilled in AD 70.

I have no idea who Rosenthal, as I said, I will say it again be careful what you say other people believe, & about who they follow. As for me, I follow Christ, not a man.

I've already said where i stand on the rapture, that should be enough, & enough to keep you from saying or insinuating that I believe something else. If you have questions about what someone else believes, its best to ask instead of implying.

I have no idea who Rosenthal, as I said, I will say it again be careful what you say other people believe, & about who they follow. As for me, I follow Christ, not a man.

I've already said where i stand on the rapture, that should be enough, & enough to keep you from saying or insinuating that I believe something else. If you have questions about what someone else believes, its best to ask instead of implying.

Marvin Rosenthal wrote a book in the early 90s based on Roger Van Kampton theory called the "Pre Wrath Rapture of the Church" and that is the origin of the current popular topic of the mid trib/pre wrath position. That used to be the position held by Hank Hanegraaff who is now preterist. But the pre wrath/mid trib is the position that the rapture of the church will occur in the middle of the tribulation prior to Gods wrath being poored out on the world. A preterist is one that believes that a) All of the prophecies were fulfilled in AD 70 with the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus and that Titus (or Nero) was the antichrist. And of this group there are those who believe there is some of Revelation yet to be fulfilled (partial preterists) and that there is none left (full preterists).
What I was quoting was the gentlemen's own statement as to what he said he believed, the comment wasn't quoting you.