Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

AnaBaptist

Christian Persecution In Schools

I know this isn't the best category where my topic should be, but couldn't figure out where else to put it.

As I posted in one of my previous topics, I need prayers because I have doubts about God, and I also noted that I have problems at school.

In my opinion, this isn't a problem that should be taken lightly, so I want some counsel from you.

We all know that the Lord Jesus Christ was greatly persecuted in His days, and also His disciples saw a great persecution. He forewarned us of that. We also know that throughout the centuries there were faithful disciples who were persecuted and put to death many times, and they still endured and were content in the Lord.

I study in a public high school, and I am facing a great opposition, and yes, I will call it persecution from now on.
First of all, I am ridiculed most of the times, I am very often the main theme of gossips, and I am facing many attacks.

The most recent one is that male classmates don't allow me to enter the sports hall locker room at school, because I refuse to answer their stupid question "do I masturbate". Masturbation is one thing that I really struggle with, and I am certain that it is a sin, and I don't want to do it. If I answer them "no", I would say a lie because I still haven't overcame that sin, but if I answer "yes" I would be on their side, and on the side of masturbation. Another consequence if I answer "no", would be more persecution, and they won't let me in either way. But I don't want to say yes, and I won't change my mind. Even if I go inside, there are like 4-5 people who push (or pull) me out. So the problem here is that I can't exercise even my basic rights.

I really need some help. I also plan to talk with the principal, and the social worker(s), but if this isn't solved, I would be forced to leave that school and seek a Christian-friendly environment.

P.S. I have no problems with the teachers because of my faith. Thanks God, they are tolerant, but what they teach is sometimes as hard as persecution, because they want us to be secular humanists, believing the deception of evolution and atheism.

P.P.S. My parents are nonbelievers, and I can't talk with them regarding this issue.

P.P.P.S. I really want to take a break from this school. Should I skip classes?

Edited by AnaBaptist

Can you tell them you've asked God for strength to over come this because you do want to have a totally pure relationship with your future wife; that you want a real opportunity for your marrige to survive without any side complications? or, is that too much?

Can you tell them you've asked God for strength to over come this because you do want to have a totally pure relationship with your future wife; that you want a real opportunity for your marrige to survive without any side complications? or, is that too much?

Nah, they would never understand it. That's way too much for them. They are spiritually dead, how can they understand it? They will ridicule me even more.

According to the CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA:
Article 9

Citizens of the Republic of Macedonia are equal in their freedoms and rights, regardless of sex, race, colour of skin, national and social origin, political and religious beliefs, property and social status. All citizens are equal before the Constitution and law.

Article 11

The human right to physical and moral dignity is irrevocable. Any form of torture, or inhuman or humiliating conduct or punishment, is prohibited. Forced labour is prohibited.

Article 16
The freedom of personal conviction, conscience, thought and public expression of thought is guaranteed. The freedom of speech, public address, public information and the establishment of institutions for public information is guaranteed. Free access to information and the freedom of reception and transmission of information are guaranteed. The right of reply via the mass media is guaranteed.The right to a correction in the mass media is guaranteed. The right to protect a source of information in the mass media is guaranteed. Censorship is prohibited.

Article 19
The freedom of religious confession is guaranteed. The right to express one's faith freely and publicly, individually or with others is guaranteed. The Macedonian Orthodox Church and other religious communities and groups are separate from the state and equal before the law. The Macedonian Orthodox Church and other religious communities and groups are free to establish schools and other social and charitable institutions, by way of a procedure regulated by law.

The full document can be found here: http://www.sobranie.mk/en/default.asp?ItemID=9F7452BF44EE814B8DB897C1858B71FF

Nah, they would never understand it. That's way too much for them. They are spiritually dead, how can they understand it? They will ridicule me even more.

That's right, and this shows that you have an understanding of things.

God allows persecution to draw us closer to Him. When we face persecution without striking back, without forsaking God, and in as Christlike a manner as possible, we bring glory and honour to God. We may not understand it all right now, but in some way it's a part of His eternal plan.

Pray and read the Bible often. Try to avoid responding in the flesh. When possible, quote Scripture, speak of the love of God, talk about eternity. If any of them become violent because of this or speak more harshly, rejecting the hearing, then you will know their hearts are hardened at this time and there is no point in casting pearls before swine. If they don't react that way, you will at least have the opportunity to sow some seed of the Word of God.

Such things can be very difficult to deal with. Remember, it's never right to do wrong, so keep that in mind as you consider what to do. One point to really consider is all the persecution the Apostle Paul faced, and how he faced it. Paul faced much worse than you or I are ever likely to yet he always maintained his faith, being careful to allow Christ to be seen in his actions, heard in his words, and felt in his attitude. Whenever possible, Paul was quick to share the Gospel. Think on these things and draw strength from the Word.

I'll be praying for you...

These verses were a comfort to me when I worked in the factory, and faced much the same problem with workers heckling, and "persecuting" me.

1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The "spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you" when you are persecuted. Also:

1Pe 2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
1Pe 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

As for the bad habit you mentioned, only you can deal with it. Learn to resist evil, calling on the Lord to help you, but you will have to make the greater effort. If you become totally convinced that it is wrong, then the love of God should compel you to a closer walk with Him.

***Maybe this ought to be moved to the men's thread.***

Edited by irishman

AnaBaptist, how are things going? Any improvement so far? Keep trusting in the Lord, He will never let you down, but let it be HIS way, and not your way. Often we expect results according to our limited knowledge, so when the Lord works, we feel that He is rebuking us, or doesn't care, but I assure you, no, the Bible assures you, that He careth for you.

1Pe 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

Remember, our ways are not His ways.

AnaBaptist, how are things going? Any improvement so far? Keep trusting in the Lord, He will never let you down, but let it be HIS way, and not your way. Often we expect results according to our limited knowledge, so when the Lord works, we feel that He is rebuking us, or doesn't care, but I assure you, no, the Bible assures you, that He careth for you.

1Pe 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

Remember, our ways are not His ways.

I am not well. As for school, there are still problems, but it's really hard for me to be alone. I need some Christians that I can be close with. I need people in my life, didn't God create us that way? We need each other. I am depressed, I have pressure at home, pressure at school, and I am just so alone.My spirit withers.. Edited by AnaBaptist

I am not well. As for school, there are still problems, but it's really hard for me to be alone. I need some Christians that I can be close with. I need people in my life, didn't God create us that way? We need each other. I am depressed, I have pressure at home, pressure at school, and I am just so alone.My spirit withers..

Do you attend a church? If so, are you active? I know your parents aren't believers, but unless they outright forbid you to go, then its just a matter of getting there. The church is a family, and there you should be able to find like-minded support. You might also find some people your age, maybe who attend your school, with whom you can have fellowship at the school. If you are not at all able to attend church, then groups like this can be a great help, and we can pray for you. Also, you have to stay in your Bible, read it, study it, learn it. The Lord will supply where the church is not able.

as for gym class, tell them its none of their business, then give them a gospel tract. Might either get them convicted and saved, or at least, send them off to stop bothering you.