• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

RSS Robot

First-Person: The Reason Gay Marriage Is Wrong

It is a shame we don't have a viable presidential candidate who speaks out publicly against same sex marriage.

Edited by 1Tim115

It is a shame we don't have a viable presidential candidate who speaks out publicly against same sex marriage.

Should we expect the lost to do so?

Even among Christians homosexuality is gaining in support each year. There are now Christian churches pastored by open homosexuals, both male and female. Even the Mormon church, which stood so strong for the anti-homoseuxal marriage referendum in California has turned the other way. It seems the church leaders had a change of heart when the church faced some backlash from homosexuals and their supporters after the vote on that in California. Catholics still claim to be against homosexuality yet in America they continue to allow homosexuals into their priest schools and into the priesthood.

When we look to ancient Israel we see that ungodly leaders allowed homosexuality, and other sins, to be openly accepted and such was only turned the other way when a Godly leader was in place. Then, once an ungodly leader came to power sins once more came out of the closet.

Nothing short of a mighty move of God in America will prevent homosexuality from being fully accepted, legally protected and having their wish list granted and written into law.

But, there is one...

"Mitt Romney's campaign has clarified that the presidential candidate supports an amendment in the U.S. Constitution that would define marriage for only heterosexual couples."

But, there is one...

"Mitt Romney's campaign has clarified that the presidential candidate supports an amendment in the U.S. Constitution that would define marriage for only heterosexual couples."

As has been discussed, this means very little. The Amendment process is a matter of congress and the States, not the president. Every Repub president for decades has said they are against abortion yet it's still fully legal.

It means very little to who? To some it means little that a man takes a stand, at least he did take a stand. Romney took a stand against something ungodly, homosexuality. Obama took a stand for homosexuality.

Now, some are of the opinion they will throw their vote away on a 3rd party candidate or write-in for president; who if I understand your objection above, could do no better than what Romney has done already. So why not vote for Romney who has a chance of defeating Obama.

It means very little to who? To some it means little that a man takes a stand, at least he did take a stand. Romney took a stand against something ungodly, homosexuality. Obama took a stand for homosexuality.

Now, some are of the opinion they will throw their vote away on a 3rd party candidate or write-in for president; who if I understand your objection above, could do no better than what Romney has done already. So why not vote for Romney who has a chance of defeating Obama.

It's very easy to "take a stand" when it's meaningless. Congressmen do it all the time when they stand up and declare, "I will not vote for a pay raise!". They receive all sorts of cheer but the reality is, they know enough congressman will vote for the pay raise so they will be getting a raise in pay.

Romney has not taken a stand against homosexuality. Romney says he has no problem with homosexuality, believes homosexual "couples" should be granted "civil union rights", etc.

Doing right, no matter what the majority does, is of far greater eternal value than trying to join the masses in electing a false god worshipper who denies the Christ of Scripture.

It's very easy to "take a stand" when it's meaningless.

Yes, I see it today in Christians.

Who is taking a stand for Christ by being part to Obama's chance to remain in office?

Romney has stated he is against same-sex marriage. I have been against same-sex marriage since I read and understood Leviticus and Romans approximately 30 years ago.

Who is taking a stand for Christ by being part to Obama's chance to remain in office?

Romney has stated he is against same-sex marriage. I have been against same-sex marriage since I read and understood Leviticus and Romans approximately 30 years ago.

Who is taking a stand for Christ by being a part of a false god worshiper who is a servant of the devil having a chance to get into office?

Romney supports "civil unions". Romney isn't against open homosexuality and by supporting "civil unions" he is supporting governmental recognition of homosexual relations and making it that much easier for homosexual "marriage" to be made legal.

Who is taking a stand for Christ by being a part of a false god worshiper who is a servant of the devil having a chance to get into office?

Romney supports "civil unions". Romney isn't against open homosexuality and by supporting "civil unions" he is supporting governmental recognition of homosexual relations and making it that much easier for homosexual "marriage" to be made legal.

I would not vote for Romney if I were you.