Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Dear brethren, I would like to ask ye to pray for me, as I am having many doubts about God, Jesus' Resurrection and NT Canon authencity. Actually, my mind is all messed up. I just feel very bad because of this, and I don't know when this thing is gonna end.

I have chronic problems with doubts, but I can't take anymore of this. I don't want to doubt my God, yet I haven't found a way to prevent doubts from coming.

Please help!

Dear brethren, I would like to ask ye to pray for me, as I am having many doubts about God, Jesus' Resurrection and NT Canon authencity. Actually, my mind is all messed up. I just feel very bad because of this, and I don't know when this thing is gonna end.

I have chronic problems with doubts, but I can't take anymore of this. I don't want to doubt my God, yet I haven't found a way to prevent doubts from coming.

Please help!

I will definitely be praying for you. Just out of curiosity, what is your salvation story? I understand you are in Macedonia, a region of the world that desperately needs the Gospel. Well, what region DOESN'T desperately need the Gospel! It sounds like, from reading some of your other posts, that you don't have anyone else there to lean on for support. If you have been recently saved, that is the prime time for Satan to attack you with no mercy. There's nothing he loves more than to take a baby Christian and flood them with false doctrines and doubt.

The important thing here is to persevere! You didn't get to where you are spiritually on doubts, it seems like you truly believed before. Ask yourself, what changed? Did something happen recently to cause me to have doubts? What I am about to say is MUCH easier said than in practice, but it's true nonetheless. Trust God to get you through your doubts. Don't give up on Him. There are plenty of people out there that KNOW who Jesus is, they KNOW the Gospel message, and they may even say that they believe in it. But even if they say they believe, but are not actually and genuinely placing their full TRUST and FAITH into Jesus, they are just as lost as the next person.

What makes a Christian who they are is not simply what they say they believe in, it's what they are putting their trust in. Even Satan and the demons believe in God and know exactly who he is, but we obviously won't be seeing them in Paradise! The best thing to do in your time of doubts (and the hardest!) is to trust in God. Get into your Bible daily, and actually READ it, don't just skim over the pages. Try to learn what message is trying to be told. Then, pray continuously. When you wake up, pray. When you eat, pray. When you have a choice to make, pray. When you have doubts, pray.

Doubting is something that can only be fixed by you and God. Everyone else can offer suggestions and solutions, but it will all come down to what you BELIEVE. What you are willing to put your TRUST in. If, for whatever reason, you come to the conclusion that the Bible is not true and that God is not real, then I challenge you to first find something that is. If you ultimately must reject God, what is it you will put your trust in? I can tell you this, there is nothing else out there that gives you the peace of mind and joy that only God can give!

Hang in there. Persevere. Doubts will come, struggles will come. Trust God to get you through them, because by yourself, you WILL fail. Humans were not made to shoulder their burdens. It will always crush them in the end. You must give your burdens to Christ, and then leave them there with Him to carry. Stay faithful, and I pray you will find peace of mind!

I'd have to talk to you a little more to find the source of your doubts. Have you ever received Christ as your Saviour before? I know that seems like a paradox since belief would precede that , but sometimes folks receive Christ , and then circumstances arise that make life tough and we can doubt God's goodness or whether He cares. I've done that before.

If it's more of a belief in his existence, here's a philosophical mind bender that helps. If the world doesn't exist, there would never be a time that it did exist. But the world does exist, so somehow, something caused it. The world is winding down, which means at some point, it was wound up, it had a beginning, and a beginning needs Somebody to make it happen. Some have a problem with believing that God is eternally existent, but even arguing an existence without God, everything would still have existed for an eternity (like counting backwards until you get to the last number). But, the world has design, structure, it shows evidence of an intelligent Creator, and that Creator knows you and cares for you.

Jesus has an empty tomb. When you sign a piece of paper, you put a date on it that reflects His life (2012, two thousand years after Christ). He was seen by over 500 witnesses when He arose. Many authors outside of the Bible like Josephus wrote about him. His resurrection is what caused those who were called Christians to lay down there own lives for Him because they knew once they saw Christ raised from the dead, they knew they too had hope as well.

The resurrection and discussion about the Godhead can both be a very lengthy discussion and I can't do the topic justice in a few short paragraphs. But are there times when you doubt more than others, and what is going on at the time you have your doubts?

Praying for you...

Also, consider the things you have known already in your life which prove the reality of God and the realibility of Scripture. If it would help, consider the abundance of evidence which backs up Scripture, from historical to archeological and scientific matters. There are also books out there which proves there is more evidence to support the reality of Jesus and what He did on earth than there is to actually support many historical figures we all accept as real and true.

Be sure not to miss the importance of reading Scripture yourself, daily, and in a prayerful manner. Read through the New Testament and allow the Spirit to enlighten you.

One other point to remember is this: you are not alone! Many, perhaps even most, Christians have at one point or another faced doubts along these lines. The Enemy loves to plant doubt in our minds and our flesh would love to believe the doubts so the flesh would feel free to enjoy the "pleasures of sin for a season". Trust God, He is most certainly real! Resist the doubts the Enemy sends your way. God promises that if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. Seek Him through prayer and Scripture reading.

Remember this as well, if you are born again in Christ, you have brothers/sisters in Christ ready to help you walk in faith.

Galatians 6:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

I will definitely be praying for you. Just out of curiosity, what is your salvation story? I understand you are in Macedonia, a region of the world that desperately needs the Gospel. Well, what region DOESN'T desperately need the Gospel! It sounds like, from reading some of your other posts, that you don't have anyone else there to lean on for support. If you have been recently saved, that is the prime time for Satan to attack you with no mercy. There's nothing he loves more than to take a baby Christian and flood them with false doctrines and doubt.

The important thing here is to persevere! You didn't get to where you are spiritually on doubts, it seems like you truly believed before. Ask yourself, what changed? Did something happen recently to cause me to have doubts? What I am about to say is MUCH easier said than in practice, but it's true nonetheless. Trust God to get you through your doubts. Don't give up on Him. There are plenty of people out there that KNOW who Jesus is, they KNOW the Gospel message, and they may even say that they believe in it. But even if they say they believe, but are not actually and genuinely placing their full TRUST and FAITH into Jesus, they are just as lost as the next person.

What makes a Christian who they are is not simply what they say they believe in, it's what they are putting their trust in. Even Satan and the demons believe in God and know exactly who he is, but we obviously won't be seeing them in Paradise! The best thing to do in your time of doubts (and the hardest!) is to trust in God. Get into your Bible daily, and actually READ it, don't just skim over the pages. Try to learn what message is trying to be told. Then, pray continuously. When you wake up, pray. When you eat, pray. When you have a choice to make, pray. When you have doubts, pray.

Doubting is something that can only be fixed by you and God. Everyone else can offer suggestions and solutions, but it will all come down to what you BELIEVE. What you are willing to put your TRUST in. If, for whatever reason, you come to the conclusion that the Bible is not true and that God is not real, then I challenge you to first find something that is. If you ultimately must reject God, what is it you will put your trust in? I can tell you this, there is nothing else out there that gives you the peace of mind and joy that only God can give!

Hang in there. Persevere. Doubts will come, struggles will come. Trust God to get you through them, because by yourself, you WILL fail. Humans were not made to shoulder their burdens. It will always crush them in the end. You must give your burdens to Christ, and then leave them there with Him to carry. Stay faithful, and I pray you will find peace of mind!

I've been saved for 2 years, and I know that Jesus lifted up my burden back then. I know He has forgiven me, and I am saved by His grace. I believe in that. Although there are other born-again Christians here (relatively a small number compared to other countries), I (we) don't have a close fellowship. Actually, my parents have forbidden me to go to church (it doesn't even matter, there are no Baptist Churches here; and of course, I don't wanna go to Catholic/Protestant/Orthodox church). There is certainly a Christian youth here, but most of us are backslidden and in love with the world and we rarely communicate or have a fellowship. It was just until recently that I was in the backsliden "worldly" group, and just as I got up on my feet and committed myself to holiness and following Jesus, came here the satan and put doubts in my head.

I'd have to talk to you a little more to find the source of your doubts. Have you ever received Christ as your Saviour before? I know that seems like a paradox since belief would precede that , but sometimes folks receive Christ , and then circumstances arise that make life tough and we can doubt God's goodness or whether He cares. I've done that before.

If it's more of a belief in his existence, here's a philosophical mind bender that helps. If the world doesn't exist, there would never be a time that it did exist. But the world does exist, so somehow, something caused it. The world is winding down, which means at some point, it was wound up, it had a beginning, and a beginning needs Somebody to make it happen. Some have a problem with believing that God is eternally existent, but even arguing an existence without God, everything would still have existed for an eternity (like counting backwards until you get to the last number). But, the world has design, structure, it shows evidence of an intelligent Creator, and that Creator knows you and cares for you.

Jesus has an empty tomb. When you sign a piece of paper, you put a date on it that reflects His life (2012, two thousand years after Christ). He was seen by over 500 witnesses when He arose. Many authors outside of the Bible like Josephus wrote about him. His resurrection is what caused those who were called Christians to lay down there own lives for Him because they knew once they saw Christ raised from the dead, they knew they too had hope as well.

The resurrection and discussion about the Godhead can both be a very lengthy discussion and I can't do the topic justice in a few short paragraphs. But are there times when you doubt more than others, and what is going on at the time you have your doubts?

I have received Christ. I am totally convinced that there is God, but my mind is all messed up lately. I can't even be sure what I believe, what is true or not, I worry about stuff, it even seems that I might walk away from my faith, but that is something I never want to happen. On the end of this post is my e-mail address, please contact me there if you want to talk with me. But I am very weak when I have doubts. If Jesus didn't rise, I do not need to live, my life won't have a meaning.
I also get depressed occasionally.

Praying for you...

Also, consider the things you have known already in your life which prove the reality of God and the realibility of Scripture. If it would help, consider the abundance of evidence which backs up Scripture, from historical to archeological and scientific matters. There are also books out there which proves there is more evidence to support the reality of Jesus and what He did on earth than there is to actually support many historical figures we all accept as real and true.

Be sure not to miss the importance of reading Scripture yourself, daily, and in a prayerful manner. Read through the New Testament and allow the Spirit to enlighten you.

One other point to remember is this: you are not alone! Many, perhaps even most, Christians have at one point or another faced doubts along these lines. The Enemy loves to plant doubt in our minds and our flesh would love to believe the doubts so the flesh would feel free to enjoy the "pleasures of sin for a season". Trust God, He is most certainly real! Resist the doubts the Enemy sends your way. God promises that if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. Seek Him through prayer and Scripture reading.

Remember this as well, if you are born again in Christ, you have brothers/sisters in Christ ready to help you walk in faith.

Galatians 6:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

I wish I had someone to help me in this, but all of us (youth in Christ) are obsessed with our own problems, and no one seems able to bear more burden than their own. Most of the time I am alone, alone in faith, alone at home, alone at school (I don't even want close friendships with the worldly), and as I already mentioned, I get depressed too often. My only cure for loneliness and depression is when I walk closely with the Lord.

If any of you wants to contact me, here is my e-mail: stefanbaptist[AT]outlook{DOT}com (this is just a little precaution, I want to keep my inbox spam-free; please replace [AT] with a "@" and {DOT} with a ".") Edited by AnaBaptist

Can you tell us how you came to know and accept Christ as your personal Savior?

For most of my life I prided myself on my accomplishments, always being able to cheat the system and not just succeed but excel at everything I did. Then with a wife and three children, I wasn't succeeding anymore. I couldn't do anything on my own, what worked before got me into trouble now. Shortly before that, when I saw my daughter on ultrasound, I quit denying God's existance for a time. Then I read a book trying to disprove God once and for all and the evidence presented was overwhelming! On the afternoon of June 13, 2007, I went out onto my porch and made repentance towards God and turned my life over to Jesus Christ; accepting Him as my only Lord and Savior. I was made new by the Holy Ghost but immediately was swept into error through tv shows (700 Club) and my wife's Catholicism. This stunted my growth and made my prayer life very frustrating for three years! It wasn't until I did my own study on the bible versions did my learning really begin and my prayers, finally, began being answered more often because now I knew how and what to pray for, everything! I was in fellowship with God. The Holy Spirit increased the burden on me to get my family into a New Testament Church and give all of my children a Christian education and so we moved over sixty miles north and joined a New Testament Church. This is how Christ saved me. How did Jesus save you?

Can you tell us how you came to know and accept Christ as your personal Savior?

For most of my life I prided myself on my accomplishments, always being able to cheat the system and not just succeed but excel at everything I did. Then with a wife and three children, I wasn't succeeding anymore. I couldn't do anything on my own, what worked before got me into trouble now. Shortly before that, when I saw my daughter on ultrasound, I quit denying God's existance for a time. Then I read a book trying to disprove God once and for all and the evidence presented was overwhelming! On the afternoon of June 13, 2007, I went out onto my porch and made repentance towards God and turned my life over to Jesus Christ; accepting Him as my only Lord and Savior. I was made new by the Holy Ghost but immediately was swept into error through tv shows (700 Club) and my wife's Catholicism. This stunted my growth and made my prayer life very frustrating for three years! It wasn't until I did my own study on the bible versions did my learning really begin and my prayers, finally, began being answered more often because now I knew how and what to pray for, everything! I was in fellowship with God. The Holy Spirit increased the burden on me to get my family into a New Testament Church and give all of my children a Christian education and so we moved over sixty miles north and joined a New Testament Church. This is how Christ saved me. How did Jesus save you?

I will write my testimony to you - please write to me at the e-mail address I posted above, and I will reply as soon as I can. Edited by AnaBaptist

There's many that have a problem with their faith, that have doubts from time to time. the one thing to remember, its not blind faith, not the least bit. God has given us His truths within the pages of the Bible. Another thing, its not about our emotions, its all about God's truths revealed to us in the pages of the Bible.

Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

For instants, our salvation John 3:36 clearly says, He that believeth hatch everlasting life, he that does not believe God's wrath abides on him.

Go back to that point of time that you confessed Jesus as Savior, if you have done this, God's Word guarantees you a home in Heaven. Remember, its not about you emotions, it is about God's truths, & His truths says if you have believed, you have everlasting life.

Think about Stephen, the faith he showed on that day he was stoned.

Ac 6:5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost..."

Ac 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Ac 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Ac 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

We serve the very same God that Stephen did. he had the faith to call on the Lord while he was being stoned to death saying, "Lord, lay not this sin to their charge."

We too can have this same faith, & always remember, we who are saved do not live under our own power, but under the power of our Lord.

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The moment you were saved, the Holy Ghost took up residence in you.

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

And with the holy Ghost dwelling within you, you can live under the power of God, & Jesus Christ will give you the strenght to go though whatever lays in front of you.

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

And God will supply your every need.

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

And just how much faith did Stephen have to have, just how much faith do you & I have to have?

Mt 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Yes, with our faith placed in God, not in self, we can do anything that God calls us to do.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Gal. 2:20

The above verse is what I consider my life's verse. It tells us that we have the faith OF Christ, His faith in us. I tell people that when the doubts come, just change the channel of your thinking, as if you have a television remote in your hands, and change the channel on tv. We can stop thinking along the lines of doubt, and make ourselves think Bible thoughts. I am posting a sermon along those lines in the "sermons" tab at the top of the forum, just wrote it from past notes I had. It explains how we can keep our minds on Christ.

Remember, it is not works that saved you, but God's grace (Eph. 2:8-10); works, since they do not save, cannot condemn you either.

Remember Phil. 4:13:
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Stay in the Word, it is the best remedy for doubt.

I prayed and will continue.

Back in 2006/2007 I was having lots of doubts. The more I read the Bible, the more doubts I had. I was a master at being able to twist verses and take them out of context to show the Bible contradicted itself. The biggest problem I had was with the verse that told me that faith comes from hearing and hearing from the word of God. How dumb was that verse! The more I read, the less I believed. I got so angry each time I read the Bible and all I wanted to do was through it against the wall. One problem, though, I knew in my heart that the Bible was God's Word. I just couldn't get my head to agree with my heart. I was not going to give up. Praise the Lord, my anger for not living the way God wanted me too was stronger than my anger brought on from reading the Bible. So I prayed.

My prayer was answered. I stumbled upon a book on faith that talked about the verse that I was having trouble with. It wasn't simply reading God's Word but obeying God's Word once I read it. I was just reading the words and expecting them to have some "magical" power over me. I wasn't relying on God, but just on words by themselves. So I started reading the Bible again, and this time I was changing things about myself for God. I started saying "no" to the flesh and the world. Since I started doing this, my faith has been growing ever since!

An example was my smoking problem. I thought reading the Bible would "cure" me without ME having to do anything. I didn't want to have to do any of the work. I wanted my cravings to magically disappear, and when they didn't, it was God's fault. When I changed my thinking to where I decided I was going to endure the burden of quitting because God was worth it no matter how difficult, He gave me the strength. He didn't get rid of the cravings, but when I said "no" to the cravings and then went to prayer telling God I believed my love for Him was stronger then my cravings, I was able to overcome and my faith exploded. My doubts are gone.

Thanks for the encouragements brethren! I try to read my Bible as often as possible, and I am reading Daniel these days. Daniel is saying something very important about the end of the days, and I enjoy reading that book, but also new doubts arise, such as: "What if the NT writings are just modified OT writings with nothing outside of it", etc.. But then again, the problem is in "doubts". The problem is not that I am having a specific doubt that I am struggling with, but my mind can create doubts out of everything.

It's really hard for me, especially that I don't have too much encouragement here, and I am alone most of the time, and plus I face..let's not be extreme and say that I face persecution, but I do have great opposition. First, I am a junior at a public high school, and I am facing much opposition from classmates. I don't want to give up my faith, I don't want to exchange it, I don't want to gain the world; yet I doubt so often. I often want to have some break from school. Plus, my parents are nonbelievers also, and they don't really approve of my faith.

I know that God can give me the ultimate help I can ever receive, but I still need somebody (a Christian) who I can be close with and talk about stuff, pray together, study the Bible together..
I also need a local Bible-preaching Baptist Church, as there are none here, and I don't want to attend Protestant churches.

Please do send me your testimony via personal message here at OB.
I've added you to my daily prayers and will continue to pray for you.

It's just like the old devil to send you doubts. A person receives God's word and trusts Christ shed blood and here comes Satan showing you things in your past and present and whispering, "how can you be saved with this in your past or present." He has had a long time to perfect his attack. Scripture reading and prayer for God to fight this battle seems to be the best defense. Satan wants to have you doubt. Continue to trust Christ.