• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

John81

Delaware: 1St State To Jail Parents Who Use Spanking To Discipline

Delaware: 1st state to jail parents who use spanking to discipline

DOVER, Delaware, September 26, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Delaware has become the first state in the US to effectively outlaw corporal discipline of children by their parents.
Gov. Jack Markell signed Senate Bill 234 into law on September 12.
The legislation, sponsored by Senate Majority Leader Patricia M. Blevins, redefines the term “physical injury” in the child abuse and neglect laws to broadly include any act that causes “pain.”
“This bill establishes the offense of Child Abuse,” the legislation states. “These new statutes combine current statutes and redefine physical injury and serious physical injury to reflect the medical realities of pain and impairment suffered by children.”
Under the new law, a parent causing “physical injury” (e.g., pain) to a child under age 18 would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor and subject to one year in prison. A parent causing pain to a child who was three years of age or younger would be guilty of a class G felony and subject to two years in prison.
The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA), along with the Delaware Home Education Association and the Delaware Family Policy Council, opposed the legislation, saying the bill was “a violation of the right of parents to direct the upbringing of their children, including the long-recognized right to administer reasonable corporal discipline.”
HSLDA points out that while Delaware law had permitted a parent to use force to punish a child for misconduct, it already prohibited any act that is likely to cause or does cause physical injury.
By redefining “physical injury” to include the infliction of any pain on a child, even the reasonable use of spanking has become a crime in Delaware punishable by imprisonment.
The full text of Senate Bill 234 is available here.
Contact information:
Gov. Jack Markell
Office of the Governor - Dover
150 William Penn Street
2nd Floor
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 744-4101
Fax: (302) 739-2775
Email: Jack.Markell@state.de.us or via website

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/delaware-1st-state-to-jail-for-parents-who-use-spanking-to-discipline?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=baf2fb1ad0-LifeSiteNews_com_US_Headlines_09_26_2012&utm_medium=email

Anything to subvert the Word of God and anything that works. Liberals believe they can make a perfect world through their own humanistic wisdom if only religion and everyone would get out of their way.

They tell parents not to spank their children yet when the children run wild they are quick to blame the parents for not controlling their children! Standing in the corner, grounding and such works for some things, as does a good talk, but there are times when nothing short of a spanking will work.

As Scripture says, no punishment at the time is welcomed but I can honestly say I'm thankful for the whoopings my Dad gave me. Looking back I can see how they served a great purpose and helped prepare me for adulthood and things I've faced in life.

Liberals won't be content until they have full control of our children, which is their aim, with ever increasing pushes and laws intended to get children away from parents and into early schooling, efforts to restrict what parents can teach their children, how they correct them, how they treat them medically (it's illegal in California to get counseling to help your child if they are dealing with the sin of homosexuality)...

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

Anything to subvert the Word of God and anything that works. Liberals believe they can make a perfect world through their own humanistic wisdom if only religion and everyone would get out of their way.

They tell parents not to spank their children yet when the children run wild they are quick to blame the parents for not controlling their children! Standing in the corner, grounding and such works for some things, as does a good talk, but there are times when nothing short of a spanking will work.

As Scripture says, no punishment at the time is welcomed but I can honestly say I'm thankful for the whoopings my Dad gave me. Looking back I can see how they served a great purpose and helped prepare me for adulthood and things I've faced in life.

Liberals won't be content until they have full control of our children, which is their aim, with ever increasing pushes and laws intended to get children away from parents and into early schooling, efforts to restrict what parents can teach their children, how they correct them, how they treat them medically (it's illegal in California to get counseling to help your child if they are dealing with the sin of homosexuality)...

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

It's as if a day doesn't go by that something doesn't come out in the news that proves to be just another step into worldliness our depravity.

I was wrestling with my oldest son on Monday and rolled his arm under him and he cried out, "ouch, your on my arm." Better haul me off to jail, I briefly caused my son some "pain." BTW, this article turns my stomach.

I was wrestling with my oldest son on Monday and rolled his arm under him and he cried out, "ouch, your on my arm." Better haul me off to jail, I briefly caused my son some "pain." BTW, this article turns my stomach.

A lot of roughhousing with my sons had some pain involved (for me too!) and according to that law such could be considered child abuse!

Their attempts to create their vision of a perfect world only serves to ruin families and stand in opposition to God's Word.

Wow that language is WAY WAY WAY too broad. Not only that, but it allows any child to get their parent locked up, or any neighbor to call in anything to get a person locked up. "Caused pain"? So the next time a kid cries, the neighbor can turn them in for "causing pain"? And what if my boys start fighting, and they get pain? What if the dog scratches one and causes pain? Really? No pain allowed?

Ridiculous.

Wow that language is WAY WAY WAY too broad. Not only that, but it allows any child to get their parent locked up, or any neighbor to call in anything to get a person locked up. "Caused pain"? So the next time a kid cries, the neighbor can turn them in for "causing pain"? And what if my boys start fighting, and they get pain? What if the dog scratches one and causes pain? Really? No pain allowed?

Ridiculous.

Like I said... welcome to Russia. I have family that lived under Stalin and boy your own kids were trained to do you in. One of my family members said they feel like they're living the nightmare again.

Really? What's a parent to do, put little Johnny or Suzy on a time out? My dad would take time out of his day to whip us when it was deserved.

How can you even do time out? Or any discipline? Someone could say it's "emotional pain". I agree, it does seem a little broad and open for interpretation.