• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Rapist Seeking Visitation With Child He Fathered After Attack On Teen Victim

Rapist seeking visitation with child he fathered after attack on teen victim

A Massachusetts man is seeking visitation rights to the child he fathered after raping a 14-year-old girl, setting the stage for a legal battle in the Bay State.

The teen mother was raped by the 20-year-old family friend three years ago and says she still suffers from severe anxiety and depression. She says she is terrified at the prospect of having any dealings with her tormentor, reports MyFoxBoston.com. full story

Talk about getting tormented..................

He'll probably get it. Especially in Massachusetts. The circumstances behind it make it sound like it was consensual sex even though it's legally statutory rape. If he has to pay child support and he's not in the clink they'll have to let him have visitation rights unless they deem him a threat to the child's welfare. If he is really only interested in avoiding child support payments than the parents should seek to adopt the child. If it's his only concern most likely he'll agree to it then they won't have to be bothered anymore with him until the child becomes 18 and wants to know who his father is. But even this can be avoided.

Hey, did you all know that the child rapist Mary Kay Letourneau ended up marrying that kid she had two children with?

Has anyone considered the thought that this monster may have made repentance towards God and put his faith in Jesus Christ?

What is the mother's responsibility to God in regards to this horrible event and her attacker?

I'm the last one to be talking about spiritual things usually, but the responses so far have come from the flesh; the old man!

"The teen mother was raped by the 20-year-old family friend three years ago and says she still suffers from severe anxiety and depression. She says she is terrified at the prospect of having any dealings with her tormentor, reports MyFoxBoston.com."

Has anyone considered the thought that this monster may have made repentance towards God and put his faith in Jesus Christ?

Doesn't really matter. If he has gotten right with God - wonderful. It still doesn't give him an excuse to impose himself on this girl's family seeing as she has made it very clear that she wants nothing to do with him.

What is the mother's responsibility to God in regards to this horrible event and her attacker?

I'm the last one to be talking about spiritual things usually, but the responses so far have come from the flesh; the old man!

I don't know but what I thought of was how this will help abortion advocates. If child rapist start to get some custody, I don't see too many rape victims keeping their child.

Talking about thinking bad about this man, after reading the story I don't think I am considering him the monster I did when I read the headline.
Prosecutor looked for 3-5 years, judge gave only probation. Child kept the baby but yet she says she is still depressed and suffers anxiety...that could be from having a toddler.

Doesn't really matter. If he has gotten right with God - wonderful. It still doesn't give him an excuse to impose himself on this girl's family seeing as she has made it very clear that she wants nothing to do with him.

My wife insists that a 14 year old or anyone under 18 can not have consensual sex, unless with someone the same age. I find this odd. If a 14 year old can have consensual sex with a 14 year, why can't they have consensual sex with a 20 year old. She immediately changes the question into, "an adult should know better." This really doesn't answer my question I asked her. The world is getting more sexualized via TV and music and such. Kids younger and younger are going to start having sex because of the world they live in. Some 14 year olds look and act very mature and seductive. If this was consensual and they had a "mature relationship", why souldn't he see his child?

Man's law is so messed up. God says don't have sex until marriage. Can it get any more perfect than that? Edited by robmac68

How do you come up with the responses being from the "old man"?

Maybe he didn't get right and she did? Then what?

People are responding to the information given.

My response is strictly by what most likely will happen. The judge will not care whether he go right with God or not. Edited by Wilchbla

My wife insists that a 14 year old or anyone under 18 can not have consensual sex, unless with someone the same age. I find this odd. If a 14 year old can have consensual sex with a 14 year, why can't they have consensual sex with a 20 year old. She immediately changes the question into, "an adult should know better." This really doesn't answer my question I asked her. The world is getting more sexualized via TV and music and such. Kids younger and younger are going to start having sex because of the world they live in. Some 14 year olds look and act very mature and seductive. If this was consensual and they had a "mature relationship", why souldn't he see his child?

Man's law is so messed up. God says don't have sex until marriage. Can it get any more perfect than that?

Legally speaking I believe your wife may be right even though we know the maturity of some 14 year olds.

I agree with you that if everyone followed God's method that life would be so much easier. Yet we know this is never going to happen until Christ returns.

Until you've experienced being through a traumatic event (such as rape, molestation etc) we can't imagine what that victim is feeling. It is wrong period what this person did to this child. If he got right with G_d great but that does not give him a pardon from the crime he committed.

Having gone through an intense custody situation myself I feel for this girl. The courts ALWAYS give visitation and many times custody to the abusers. This is a fact that's been proven by not for profit organization. I've been fighting my abuser for years (ex-H) and the judge has basically said unless he actually hurts me or the children he can see them. It doesn't matter what documented proof is in front of the judges eyes or threats you receive trust me.

You know why they do this? Because this is how the court systems keep busy. This is how all the court appointed employees, doctors and such make a load of money. More drama more money!

She will find herself in and out of the court system for the next 18+ years. The abuser always wins in the end.

He should be ashamed of himself.

A 15 year old went missing just over a week ago and it appears she went with her 30 year old teacher. They were seen on a cross channel ferry on a CCTV picture. Since then they seem to have disappeared. It made news in France, but only on the local Calais stations. Interpol are supposed to be looking for them, but it seems the French police are not, as it would not be a crime in France,

How do you come up with the responses being from the "old man"?

Maybe he didn't get right and she did? Then what?

People are responding to the information given.

My response is strictly by what most likely will happen. The judge will not care whether he go right with God or not.

Howsa abouta you ansa my questions foist, ehh???

Legally speaking I believe your wife may be right even though we know the maturity of some 14 year olds.

I agree with you that if everyone followed God's method that life would be so much easier. Yet we know this is never going to happen until Christ returns.

Yes, legally speaking, she is correct. Funny, this "wisdom" of man is still using a law that might be 50-100 years old and trying to use it in todays world. Talk about mans wisdom becoming foolishness. The world tells our kids it's ok to have sex, but "don't have sex with someone over 18 because, oh my goodness, if you do the top of your head might explode or something!"
I do love the perfection of God's law!

Until you've experienced being through a traumatic event (such as rape, molestation etc) we can't imagine what that victim is feeling. It is wrong period what this person did to this child. If he got right with G_d great but that does not give him a pardon from the crime he committed.

After reading the story, I don't know if I would call this a "traumatic" event. Don't jump on me yet, let me explain. When there is some gross injustice from a judge, we hear about it, such as the New York man who raped 2 boys ages 11 and 13 and he only got 2 years in jail. This 20 year old only got probation. If you forcibly rape a child you usually get 20 to life, and if you don't, we hear about. This man only got probation. In fact, the prosecutor was only seeking 3-5 years. This, itself, makes it sound unusual. If it was such a "traumatic" experience, why wasn't the parents and prosecutor seeking more time and raising cain when it didn't happen? If it was such a "traumatic" experience, how can she look at this toddler everyday and not be reminded? You would think she would have put the child up for adoption. Now let me say this, my wife's grandmother was married at age 16. This happened almost 80 years ago. 16 years old. Is this absurd? Children 80 years ago were alot more innocent than today's youth. I would figure a 16 year old 80 years ago would be more like a 12 year old today, maybe 10. Now remember, the judge and prosecutor had this law that states an adult over 18 can't have sex with a minor, yet the judge didn't punish the man to the full extent of the law and we didn't hear about the parents "freaking out" because of this. I am led to believe there is more to it than what we are reading. So, I ask, if this situation wasn't violent or abusive and they just had relations together, why shouldn't the father be able to see his child?

It's interesting that when my nephew was being accepted as a cop in Roanoke, VA that one of the questions on the lie detector test he had to take was if he ever had sex with anyone under 12. My first thought was why they picked that age and not 18 which is the age of consent here in VA. My only conclusion was because my nephew was only 20 at the time.

After reading the story, I don't know if I would call this a "traumatic" event. Don't jump on me yet, let me explain. When there is some gross injustice from a judge, we hear about it, such as the New York man who raped 2 boys ages 11 and 13 and he only got 2 years in jail. This 20 year old only got probation. If you forcibly rape a child you usually get 20 to life, and if you don't, we hear about. This man only got probation. In fact, the prosecutor was only seeking 3-5 years. This, itself, makes it sound unusual. If it was such a "traumatic" experience, why wasn't the parents and prosecutor seeking more time and raising cain when it didn't happen? If it was such a "traumatic" experience, how can she look at this toddler everyday and not be reminded? You would think she would have put the child up for adoption. Now let me say this, my wife's grandmother was married at age 16. This happened almost 80 years ago. 16 years old. Is this absurd? Children 80 years ago were alot more innocent than today's youth. I would figure a 16 year old 80 years ago would be more like a 12 year old today, maybe 10. Now remember, the judge and prosecutor had this law that states an adult over 18 can't have sex with a minor, yet the judge didn't punish the man to the full extent of the law and we didn't hear about the parents "freaking out" because of this. I am led to believe there is more to it than what we are reading. So, I ask, if this situation wasn't violent or abusive and they just had relations together, why shouldn't the father be able to see his child?

First this was a family friend so he knew it would be easier to get to her and possibly get away with it. Not everyone can give up a child for adoption no matter the tragedy behind it. I know it doesn’t make sense and I’m not sure if I could do that but there are some who I guess are able to take the tragedy away from the child.

When I was about 20 I sat through a rape trial. I had to do a report for my class and picked a random court room. It was the trial of the rape of a 15 year old who was walking home from school and was pulled into an abandoned ally. It was the most degrading and humiliating experience for a victim to go through! All these years later and I am still troubled by this experience I had. After that experience I came to understand why rarely women ever come forward and press charges. I completely understand now.

If memory serves, in order to convict of a crime according to scriptures there must be two witnesses. In our "modern society" women are alone all the time. In times past they were always with their parents, siblings and husband, so they were never alone, when out and about.

I come from a worldly past and these precautions are alien to me and my family, to my shame. However, I noticed that a great many men in our church, old and young always accompany their wives. It's not that they're controlling as liberals would protest, they're protecting and serving as a deterrant to criminals.

I have no ideas of the facts of this case but it seems likely that this was consensual and the media is being used to keep the father away.

One relative was 14 when she had her first child and I think my grandmother was 13 when she gave birth to the first of six children. I discovered that my next door neighbor was listed as a sex-offender. So I confronted him, he'd been with his wife since they were both 15 or 16 and they now had two children. What was normal in my ancestor's day was illegal now for this fellow.

On the other hand, I have relatives who were raped for years by biological and step parents/siblings. In two instances, they failed to press charges and the predator moved on and victimized others before finally, someone reported them to police and they were put behind bars. In these instances it's pretty cut and dry, these perverts should've been given a week to get right with God and then hanged. Instead we coddle them behind bars for decades or more on our dime.

If memory serves, in order to convict of a crime according to scriptures there must be two witnesses. In our "modern society" women are alone all the time. In times past they were always with their parents, siblings and husband, so they were never alone, when out and about.

I come from a worldly past and these precautions are alien to me and my family, to my shame. However, I noticed that a great many men in our church, old and young always accompany their wives. It's not that they're controlling as liberals would protest, they're protecting and serving as a deterrant to criminals.

I have no ideas of the facts of this case but it seems likely that this was consensual and the media is being used to keep the father away.

One relative was 14 when she had her first child and I think my grandmother was 13 when she gave birth to the first of six children. I discovered that my next door neighbor was listed as a sex-offender. So I confronted him, he'd been with his wife since they were both 15 or 16 and they now had two children. What was normal in my ancestor's day was illegal now for this fellow.

On the other hand, I have relatives who were raped for years by biological and step parents/siblings. In two instances, they failed to press charges and the predator moved on and victimized others before finally, someone reported them to police and they were put behind bars. In these instances it's pretty cut and dry, these perverts should've been given a week to get right with God and then hanged. Instead we coddle them behind bars for decades or more on our dime.

People don't know it but you can be a registered sex offender for urinating in public. Even if it's not near children or a school. This has happened where someone busted for indecent exposure, (i.e. peeing outside) was charged and had to register as a sex offender.

Interesting that you brought this point up. In the middle east (and surroundings) as a women/girl you HAVE to be with either a male family member or your husband outside the home. If you are walking around without a man you are a moving target for various acts of cruelty. Plus they look down on women who go out without a male member of the family. My Aunt though she's lived here for many years still never goes anywhere without her husband. When her husband was at work she was always home tending to the children and the house. Matter of fact she had a drivers license but never drove (still doesn't). It's still like that over there. Our society here is just very different.

This is common still overseas. Usually in the villages around 15 or 16 you get married. Cities are later because they are more worldly. Clearly this was acceptable back in the day here but today it doesn't fly. Plus the meaning of marriage has clearly changed so until that is fixed and marriages are Biblical getting married young would be disastrous (under 18).

This is common still overseas. Usually in the villages around 15 or 16 you get married. Cities are later because they are more worldly. Clearly this was acceptable back in the day here but today it doesn't fly. Plus the meaning of marriage has clearly changed so until that is fixed and marriages are Biblical getting married young would be disastrous (under 18).

I don't quite understand why this would be disastrous today. Do you know why it is uncommon for a woman/girl to get married young today? Well, you can thank the women's lib movement. Back in the day, women weren't educated to the full extent that boys were because alot believed women were to be homemakers. The "barefoot and pregnant" idea. So because women felt that Biblical teachings of women being homemakers was outdated and for the religious nuts, the womens lib movement stepped up to liberate women so some man wouldn't hold her back from her full potential of becoming career minded. Women wanted to get rid of the notion of getting married young and being a slave to a man. A woman doesn't need a man in order to survive. So now you see less and less girls getting married young. Now they're just getting pregnant.

I don't quite understand why this would be disastrous today. Do you know why it is uncommon for a woman/girl to get married young today? Well, you can thank the women's lib movement. Back in the day, women weren't educated to the full extent that boys were because alot believed women were to be homemakers. The "barefoot and pregnant" idea. So because women felt that Biblical teachings of women being homemakers was outdated and for the religious nuts, the womens lib movement stepped up to liberate women so some man wouldn't hold her back from her full potential of becoming career minded. Women wanted to get rid of the notion of getting married young and being a slave to a man. A woman doesn't need a man in order to survive. So now you see less and less girls getting married young. Now they're just getting pregnant.

I agree with you 100%

I do have to add that as a single woman I find that there are not many men out there up for the challenge of a Biblical marriage. It's disappointing to say the least.

I know it is easy to apply horror stories to this situation concerning forcible rapes and child molestings. We read in the news so many sick things being done to kids, but, looking at the facts that were in this story, it looks like this wasn't the case. If a young child can coerce a parent in giving them a cookie when it might be before dinner, "puppy eyes" do you really think that a 14 year old in this sexualized world we live in can't coerce a man into bed? IF this was the case, do you really feel that he has no right to see HIS child? Do you really feel because you have the number 20 out there with the number 14 that it is automatically cut and dry because the law says not to, that this man absolutely has no right to see his child?