• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

RSS Robot

Way Of Life - Dangerous Parachurch Organizatons

The following by Pastor John White is from Heads Up!, Aug. 3, 2012, smiletex@bigpond.net.au -- 

It is clear in the New Testament that the Great Commission not only entails and ensures the propagation of the gospel but the propagation of scriptural New Testament Churches in every age as well. The parachurch phenomenon is not to be found in the New Testament. It is of very recent origin and has resulted in the development of some quite dangerous heretical organizations and trends, not the least among these would be YWAM (Youth With A Mission) and Campus Crusade. 

ywam
The danger of association with these two groups is illustrated by an occurrence that happened many years ago in my own ministry. The tragic effect of this incident continues until today. I was privileged to have a particular family in the membership of a church I pastored in America. This was a fine family; committed to the Lord and following the Word of God. Their daughter was my daughter’s best friend. I left this church in order to come to Australia to win souls and plant New Testament Churches. I understand that their son later attended a well-known Christian university. Somehow, along the way, he became involved in a short term mission trip with one of these organizations to an Asian country, Nepal, I believe. Those on the trip included Roman Catholics whom he evidently became good friends with. Later, upon return to the U.S., he “converted” to Catholicism and trained for the priesthood. He even spent quite some time serving in the Vatican in Rome. Recent word indicates that he ultimately became an alcoholic and has been in rehab from time to time, but still has problems.

The above account is accurate as far as memory serves me. The reason for sharing such a personal story is to confirm the dangers of becoming involved with such unscriptural ecumenical organizations. The two organizations mentioned above have very similar ecumenical philosophies and methodologies and have been in practical fellowship with Pentecostal and Roman Catholic Charismatics for many years. 

I believe the information pasted below correctly and accurately represents the unscriptural philosophies and activities of these dangerous organizations and at least partially explains why association with such organizations resulted in a life-destroying experience for a fine young man and tremendous heartbreak for his family:

“Around February, 2006, I ran into a group of young people who had just completed a Discipleship Training School (DTS) with Youth With A Mission. They said that they were on a mission working with Roman Catholics at a conference in Brisbane City Hall. Not being able to understand how Protestant missionaries could get into a Catholic conference to evangelise, I questioned them to discover that they were practising Catholics (not ex-Catholics) fully integrated with YWAM, and merely helping out at the conference. They vigorously defended Mariolatry, the Mass, Tradition, and other errors of Roman Catholicism. These kids had just been processed by a so-called Protestant mission organisation. They had joined YWAM as Catholics and after their Discipleship Training School were still Catholics. It was most upsetting to see these kids on the Broad Road yet thinking they were serving our Lord. I rang YWAM to be told, “Catholics are welcome, and the beauty of it all is that there is no conflict between denominations.” Since when has Roman Catholicism been a Christian denomination?” (Mark Alexander, “YWAM’s Ecumenical Error,” http://www.christianissues.biz/ywam.html). 

View the full article

The following by Pastor John White is from Heads Up!, Aug. 3, 2012, smiletex@bigpond.net.au --

It is clear in the New Testament that the Great Commission not only entails and ensures the propagation of the gospel but the propagation of scriptural New Testament Churches in every age as well. The parachurch phenomenon is not to be found in the New Testament. It is of very recent origin and has resulted in the development of some quite dangerous heretical organizations and trends, not the least among these would be YWAM (Youth With A Mission) and Campus Crusade.

ywam-3.jpg
The danger of association with these two groups is illustrated by an occurrence that happened many years ago in my own ministry. The tragic effect of this incident continues until today. I was privileged to have a particular family in the membership of a church I pastored in America. This was a fine family; committed to the Lord and following the Word of God. Their daughter was my daughter’s best friend. I left this church in order to come to Australia to win souls and plant New Testament Churches. I understand that their son later attended a well-known Christian university. Somehow, along the way, he became involved in a short term mission trip with one of these organizations to an Asian country, Nepal, I believe. Those on the trip included Roman Catholics whom he evidently became good friends with. Later, upon return to the U.S., he “converted” to Catholicism and trained for the priesthood. He even spent quite some time serving in the Vatican in Rome. Recent word indicates that he ultimately became an alcoholic and has been in rehab from time to time, but still has problems.

The above account is accurate as far as memory serves me. The reason for sharing such a personal story is to confirm the dangers of becoming involved with such unscriptural ecumenical organizations. The two organizations mentioned above have very similar ecumenical philosophies and methodologies and have been in practical fellowship with Pentecostal and Roman Catholic Charismatics for many years.

I believe the information pasted below correctly and accurately represents the unscriptural philosophies and activities of these dangerous organizations and at least partially explains why association with such organizations resulted in a life-destroying experience for a fine young man and tremendous heartbreak for his family:

“Around February, 2006, I ran into a group of young people who had just completed a Discipleship Training School (DTS) with Youth With A Mission. They said that they were on a mission working with Roman Catholics at a conference in Brisbane City Hall. Not being able to understand how Protestant missionaries could get into a Catholic conference to evangelise, I questioned them to discover that they were practising Catholics (not ex-Catholics) fully integrated with YWAM, and merely helping out at the conference. They vigorously defended Mariolatry, the Mass, Tradition, and other errors of Roman Catholicism. These kids had just been processed by a so-called Protestant mission organisation. They had joined YWAM as Catholics and after their Discipleship Training School were still Catholics. It was most upsetting to see these kids on the Broad Road yet thinking they were serving our Lord. I rang YWAM to be told, “Catholics are welcome, and the beauty of it all is that there is no conflict between denominations.” Since when has Roman Catholicism been a Christian denomination?” (Mark Alexander, “YWAM’s Ecumenical Error,” http://www.christian...s.biz/ywam.html).

View the full article

That is the problem with futurism, it doesn't teach that Rome is Mystery Babylon and the Pope is Antichrist, as the church does. David Cloud by teaching futurism encourages all this. Edited by Invicta

That is the problem with futurism, it doesn't teach that Rome is Mystery Babylon and the Pope is Antichrist, as the church does. David Cloud by teaching futurism encourages all this.

Although I know several who are futurists who teach that Rome is the Whore of Rev, irregardless of that --- anybody who looks at the RCC works salvation system and her claims for Mary, priests and Pope can easily discern from the Word of God that anybody following RCC doctrine for salvation is NOT saved (therefore cannot be labeled Christian).

That is the problem with futurism, it doesn't teach that Rome is Mystery Babylon and the Pope is Antichrist, as the church does. David Cloud by teaching futurism encourages all this.

"Futurism"? That's right, preterists love keeping the bible relegated to the dead past.

I know boat loads of "futurists" who teach that the Pope is the Antichrist. Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Your mind seems to be locked on a belief about premillennialists that just isn't true.

"Futurism"? That's right, preterists love keeping the bible relegated to the dead past.

I know boat loads of "futurists" who teach that the Pope is the Antichrist. Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Your mind seems to be locked on a belief about premillennialists that just isn't true.

I am not a Preterist and I am a premilleniast. Edited by Invicta

Another problem with parachurch organisations is that can take men out of the churches where their ministry is needed.

Some years ago I can remember a report from India which said that the Billy Graham Organisation and others such, were taking pastors out of churches, where they were needed to "Head up our work in India." with a far greater stipend.

:lol: What?!

I have to admit. I don't respond to many of your posts because they never seem to make that much sense to me. This even proves it more.

Sorry, slip of the pen as they would say. I should have said I am a millenialist. I am an histiorical pre millenialist, not a pre tribulationist. Edited by Invicta