• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Sign in to follow this  
swathdiver

Evangelist's Dave Young And David Corn...

No. But I did a little research on them and they seem pretty straight although I think David Corn does some kind of "magic" show that might have some of the brethren up in arms about.

Yep, I don't like the connotation magic brings with it. If he just called it slight of hand tricks it wouldn't bother me at all. What does he call his performance?

Yep, I don't like the connotation magic brings with it. If he just called it slight of hand tricks it wouldn't bother me at all. What does he call his performance?

I don't know but I guess he preaches against things like Harry Potter.

I don't know but I guess he preaches against things like Harry Potter.

Likewise...too much wizardry in Harry Potter for me.

I went to college with Dave Young. He has preached numerous times at the Bill Rice Ranch and a number of solid fundamental churches. The last time I heard him was about 5 yrs ago, but he was an excellent preacher.

I went to college with Dave Young. He has preached numerous times at the Bill Rice Ranch and a number of solid fundamental churches. The last time I heard him was about 5 yrs ago, but he was an excellent preacher.

He's holding a revival at our church right now. I'm home again for the second night with a sick daughter while the rest of my family went. Yes, he's an excellent preacher! My children thoroughly enjoy David Corn's preaching too. He does not use terms like wizardry or magic, he says illusions and slight of hand. Corn is out Houston, Texas while Young has set his roots in Milton, Florida in the midst of some very sound IFB churches.

If you're church has not held a revival in a while, I would enthusiastically suggest giving this ministry a call! He has a wonderful family too and boy can they sing praises to the Lord!

Well, I take back or would amend some of what I said above. Brother Corn does use the word magic for an outreach ministry to government school kids. Is that akin to CCM, booze and sorcery? I don't think so. Edited by swathdiver

Well, what a pleasant surprise! Brother Corn and his wife just stopped by to see my youngest daughter! She's home sick with the flu and was sad to be missing out; but he sure made my little one feel like she missed nothing!

David Corn is a member of Christchurch Baptist Fellowship in Houston, Johnny Pope is his pastor. I listened to an online sermon of Pope's some time ago and I remember him to be a great preacher. Just missed him recently, he was preaching at a church about an hour north of me but we mixed up the timing.

Anyhow, these fellows and their families sure have been a blessing to mine and our church, thank you Lord for these fine folks!