• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Update 1-Morning-After Pills Available To N.y. High School Students

It's a choice and not a must right now. TV, cell phones, clothes, extra car, house, job, there's so much that can be done away with to give your child the education that God demands.

Maybe for your family, but not necessarily for every family. There are many people who don't have TV, cell phones, extra car, etc. and are still having a hard time with money. There are many, many people in today's economy that are struggling just to provide food and warmth. I live just north of Detroit and we have a lot of poor kids who come to our church. Kids who smell because they haven't showered and own 1 change of clothes. There are kids who fill up their plates with food heaping so big that the plate can hardly hold it... why? Because at home they are starving. Are their parents sinning because Detroit's auto industry has left them without a job? No. They are trying to do their best, which is what all of us are trying to do.

It's a choice and not a must right now. TV, cell phones, clothes, extra car, house, job, there's so much that can be done away with to give your child the education that God demands. For me and my house, it's our Academy, for others it's homeschooling (better IMO).

For you and your house. But you cannot extrapolate that onto everyone. And you can't assume that everyone in this country has tv, cell phones, extra cars, etc. The example I gave of the family who went into deep debt? No tv. No cell phones. No extra car (and not a very well running one that they do have). For you and your house, the academy. That's great. For others, homeschooling - great (and if you think it's better, why aren't you doing it?) And for others, it has to be public school.

I know many homeschooled kids who grew up to hate anything to do with God. I know other homeschooled kids who can't read even as a teenager.

Marilyn Manson, the rock singer, who was buddies with Anton LaVey (the author of the Satanic Bible) and has an album entitled Antichrist Superstar, went to a Christian school.

Aleister Crowley (aka the Beast), whose parents were Plymouth Brethren, was homeschooled then sent to a private school run by evangelicals.

Interestingly, my brother was saved at school. Some guy was going around to the schools and giving karate demonstrations in the auditorium then afterward he would give a gospel presentation and invitation. If I remember right my brother said about 14 kids raised their hands for salvation. Whether or not the school knew that the karate dude was going to do this I'm not sure. This was in New Jersey too. Being fair though, this was many years ago and the schools are probably much worse now. Although from my brother's stories they weren't too great then either.

Maybe for your family, but not necessarily for every family. There are many people who don't have TV, cell phones, extra car, etc. and are still having a hard time with money. There are many, many people in today's economy that are struggling just to provide food and warmth. I live just north of Detroit and we have a lot of poor kids who come to our church. Kids who smell because they haven't showered and own 1 change of clothes. There are kids who fill up their plates with food heaping so big that the plate can hardly hold it... why? Because at home they are starving. Are their parents sinning because Detroit's auto industry has left them without a job? No. They are trying to do their best, which is what all of us are trying to do.

Before I was saved my parents split time raising me. When I lived with my mom it was a struggle. At times I would come home and there was nothing to eat. And my mom worked too. I remember one time I came home and the only thing to eat was honey. Unfortunately I fell asleep in the chair with an open jar of honey I was eating which ran down me, the chair and onto the shag rug. I tried blaming my brother for it. :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure there are saved people in this situation. A single mom who hardly makes any money, living in an area where there are no Christian schools, who can't homeschool herself because of circumstances.

Maybe this is a good ministry for Christians with loads of money. Sponsor poor families who want a Christian education for their children. Or maybe the church itself running a Christian school supported by congregation. I do believe some churches do this. I know I spent six years on a Christian camp for troubled kids (sort of like Lester Roloff's ministry or Freedom Village in NY) which was supported primarily by two rich Christians in Pittsburgh, Pa as well as the offerings of other churches. We had a school on the camp too. There was one kid at the camp, who was 17 when he first arrived and whom only had a 5th grade education level. He graduated in two years with a college level reading ability using A.C.E. PACEs and became a counsellor himself at the camp.

'Nuff of the rambling.

A lot of examples of children in public schools could be provided to show both opinions. Secular course work in children's education isn't what destroys a child's relationship with Jesus Christ. I still say it's a father and to a lessor degree a mother failing to do what God has commissioned each to do for the child's nonsecular training.

Maybe for your family, but not necessarily for every family. Are their parents sinning because Detroit's auto industry has left them without a job? No. They are trying to do their best, which is what all of us are trying to do.

For every family that obeys the Lord. It's a command and not an option. The verses keep getting presented to you folks over and over and you ignore or explain them away. When the Lord led us to our church and Academy it was further away from good paying jobs. We're now making 1/2 of what we used to, now considered "officially" poor. If there was no work, wouldn't the Holy Spirit prompt them and provide for them to go elsewhere or give them the means? We have many Michiganders in our church who left because of the Communism of Gov. Granholm and those thieves who run Detroit.

(and if you think it's better, why aren't you doing it?)

I gave up my will years ago, our children attend the Academy because of the promptings of the Holy Spirit. We did homeschool for a time but I was too sick.

Children are ill-equipped to withstand the onslaught of the world's values being forced on them for eight hours a day in school. The entire government school curriculum is completely opposed to God and promotes environmentalism even in math text books. All the history books talk of millions and billions of years ago, it's overwhelming for a child. The "gifted" kids are targeted and indoctrinated by the most radical teachers. The one year we sent a daughter to government school, her teacher was a Mao-loving Marxist. Let's not forget the homosexual activists roaming the halls and teaching them sex-ed either. Did you know that Bill Ayers and gang have highly influenced the school texts?

The kids are not equipped to deal with the onslaught of the depraved values of their government school peers. Ten year old girls scantily dressed, cursing, texting, fighting, cheating, stealing... Yes, it happens in Godly schools too but not at the same level and it is dealt with swiftly rather than accepted and ignored.

A Christian teacher, operating under the power of the Holy Spirit is far more effective than a rebellious teacher destined for hell.

I still don't see anyone answering the question that was posed before about Christian families in other countries where they don't have a choice in where their children go to school. Is it a sin for them?

I still don't see anyone answering the question that was posed before about Christian families in other countries where they don't have a choice in where their children go to school. Is it a sin for them?

I quoted some scripture earlier giving good reason to keep your kids out of public school. I did not do this to make it look like I believe it is "sin" to have your child in public school. I don't know nothing about other countries and their public school systems to make a comment, but scripture does tell us to be in the world not of the world. For a child, their world might be in public school. I wouldn't call that sin just like I wouldn't call it a sin to live in the state of Delaware where they just banned spanking. We are in this world and there are choices we can make to make it easier in our Christian walk and I feel homeschooling or Christian schools are one of those choices. If someone feels they don't have that opportunity, what damage can we do to that person's Christian growth by labeling public school as "sin"? There are plenty of commandments in God's Word for us to follow and might I add "not grievous" commandments. As a person grows, the Holy Spirit might convict otherwise, but then the Lord will open doors for that person. Edited by robmac68

If the government forces the children to attend their schools than to stay true to the Word wouldn't they then have to educate them when they got home?

In East Prussia shortly after Hitler's takeover, a member of our church had her mother and grandmothers began to do that with the children until the Communists came. Hitler tossed out God for Humanism and the Commies kicked them out of their home and country.

If the government forces the children to attend their schools than to stay true to the Word wouldn't they then have to educate them when they got home?

Sure they would educate them about God at home. However, this same principle should apply for every Christian, not depending on where you live or what the countries rules are. I agree with what was previously said that we are to be in the world, just not of it. There is no sin for your children to be in the world. Period. Otherwise, you should join a convent.

swath - kudos to you for obeying the prompting of the Holy Spirit to put your kids in the Christian school when you wanted to continue homeschooling. We were in quite the same position, only now we wonder if it was actually Holy Spirit prompting or pressure from man. If we had it to do over...Anyway - your statement illustrates my point. Each head of the house must do as the Spirit prompts them to do in this matter.

We can argue all day long that the public school is dangerous to kids. But the fact of the matter is so also are many Christian schools. We need to remember that even Christian teachers are human (and I can tell you all some absolute horror stories, but I won't...), and students are also human, coming from a variety of homes, with a variety of influence in their lives. And when parents put their child(ren) in a Christian school, it's all too easy to assume everything's fine because of it. But it isn't always...

The verses keep getting presented to you folks...

Children are ill-equipped to withstand the onslaught of the world's values being forced on them...

The kids are not equipped to deal with the onslaught of the depraved values...

A Christian teacher, operating under the power of the Holy Spirit is far more effective than a rebellious teacher destined for hell.

Some points I want to make and then I'm finished.
We are home schooling our grandchildren but, I understand many don't have this option.

verses...
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Judges 2:10-12
10 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.
11 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:
12 And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.

Deuteronomy 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

We can't blame the secular world who doesn't know God's word for what we have failed to do. The Israelites lived among some of the most heathen peoples known to God.

Children are ill-equipped

Why are children ill equipped? Where are they to receive the proper equipment?

The kids are not equipped to deal with

Who is responsible to ensure our children are equipped with the tools they need?

A Christian teacher, operating under the power of the Holy Spirit

It isn’t the teacher’s responsibility to insure the proper spiritual teaching is completed? How do you KNOW the teacher is operating under the power of the Holy Spirit?

Deuteronomy 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

I still contend the problem is not the secular school system.

Believe me, Dave, I could cite you instances where the Christian teacher most definitely was NOT operating under the Holy Spirit! In several different schools...

Also, who can say if a teacher in a Christian school is even a Christian?

On another note, during my time at public school, I knew many teachers who were Christians. Some even ran a STATIC (Students Taking Action Together In Christ) club that we had at school. Edited by P_Bear141

Believe me, Dave, I could cite you instances where the Christian teacher most definitely was NOT operating under the Holy Spirit! In several different schools...

That wasn't in Belpre :)

Yes, its in the Bible, for those who have ears to hear with.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

If you send your children off to a public school, you cannot help but fail to obey these verses.

De 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
De 11:19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Jerry, I feel what your saying is a kid can't go to public school without being yoked with unbelievers. That would be saying a Christian child couldn't go and have the Holy Spirit help him to ignore the worldliness and focus on his education. I don't feel that is giving the Holy Spirit enough credit. Someone posted a little earlier on this thread that by having this belief would be the same as having the belief a Christian adult can't work for company unless it is a "Christian" company and if they do, they are sinning. Now I am sure the stats would back up the belief that most, not all, "Christian" parents are lacking in doing their due diligence in helping their child to be strong in the Lord. Alot of "Christian" children probably live in a home where there isn't a family "alter" or church isn't focused on 3 times a week and such, but this would go back to that "Christian" parent. There is alot of other verses that this type of "Christian" parent would be disobeying. Those children will have a hard time going to public school and keeping from the worldliness. Thoses parents are throwing their children to the wolves. As for me and my house, public school will never be an option.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

If you send your children off to a public school, you cannot help but fail to obey these verses.

Again, do you work in a Christian workplace? If not, you are also sinning, if you use your logic.

Again, do you work in a Christian workplace? If not, you are also sinning, if you use your logic.

There is no comparison between a workplace and a public school for children.

In the workplace there are adults there to do a job. They are not being instructed, educated and trained in ungodliness. A Christian can do their job without making close assocations with the lost, without involving themselves in the sinful afterwork activities, or the during work activities.

In a public school we are dealing with children who are in their formative years, during the time when Scripture commands learning and knowing of Him is to be taking place day and night. In a public school the children are forced together in groupings of mostly lost children and staff. This is where children make their friends, typically with the lost, becoming yoked to them. The children are taught that which is ungodly as if it's fact, Christianity is dimissed or degraded. The worldly music, "jokes", stories, readings, dealings with all around them will infect their minds for life.

Childhood is to be what amounts to basic training for life. Just as you don't toss raw recruits into the heat of battle, we shouldn't be tossing our raw recruits (children) into the heat of battle which is the public schools.

As many have lamented here on this board, the worldly garbage that enters our minds when we are young stays there for life. There is so much worldly garbage in our minds that still adversely effect us to this day. Children need to have their minds filled with the things of God, not spending 8 hours a day, 180 days a year for over a dozen years having their minds filled with that which is ungodly.

In the workplace there are adults there to do a job. They are not being instructed, educated and trained in ungodliness. A Christian can do their job without making close assocations with the lost, without involving themselves in the sinful afterwork activities, or the during work activities.

You are right, and children could go to school without making close associations with the lost. However, in the verses used above "2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" I have to say that being unequally yoked together with unbelievers could be said of anything, including your job, your softball team, your family even. If you are saying that we shouldn't be around unbelievers, then we might as well hold up in a convent and forget about being a light to the world.

However, in the verses used above "2Co 6:14

...I have to say that being unequally yoked together with unbelievers could be said of anything, including your job, your softball team, your family even. If you are saying that we shouldn't be around unbelievers, then we might as well hold up in a convent and forget about being a light to the world.

As in the method of salvation, one verse is not going to spell out the doctrine. One verse used by itself while ignoring the others will lead to sin and error. Little kids are not apt to separate from their classmates, they want to play and make friends!

De 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
De 11:19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

OK, so then please tell me where in these verses, it says it's ok to work in a place where you are "unequally yoked".
Also, notice the verses here:

Where does it say that anyone but you has to teach your child about God? Do you allow you children to play at the park? What if they meet a kid who isn't IB? Are they allowed to swing on the swingset next to such heathens? Do they go to the grocery store? **Gasp** what if they hear a bad word while they are there? I suppose the world should be more careful about how you raise your children.