• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Update 1-Morning-After Pills Available To N.y. High School Students

Christian parents are to bring their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, teaching them the things of God day and night. This doesn't occur in public school where humanism and the things of the world are taught and exampled as good while the things of God are ignored or mocked.

Some children survive all sorts of evil but that doesn't mean a Christian parent should think it's okay to toss their children into the devil's lair.

Yes, exactly! PARENTS are to bring their children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Not teachers, no requirement is placed on public schools, OR doctors, dentists, grocery store clerks, gas station attendants, mall workers, or any other entities. God gave the children to us and it is EACH INDIVIDUAL SET OF PARENTS responsibility for spiritual matters in living by faith. So, WilchBla you too are correct; it isn't the school failing our children in matters of faith.

I went to public school and graduated in 2001. I guess I must be evil, as well as my parents. My mom stayed at home and we had 1 car. I guess God hates me because my parents couldn't afford private school.

Also, for those of you who think you should only go to Christian school, do you work in a Christian company???

PS- I even know how to read and write :)

I went to public school and graduated in 1987. My parents did not have the convictions to send me to a Christian or to homeschool me. I don't look at my parents being evil. Calling an institution evil and a person evil are two different things. An institution that prides itself in taking God out of the equation and promoting children to kill their babies is evil, in my humble opinion. Just because I was apart of something, i.e. public school, doesn't mean I automatically defend it nor am I offended if someone else has strong opinions against it.
I don't work in a Christian company, but I can say I would never work for a company that would promote ungodliness such as a beer distributor or an adult book store.

I went to public school and graduated in 1987. My parents did not have the convictions to send me to a Christian or to homeschool me. I don't look at my parents being evil. Calling an institution evil and a person evil are two different things. An institution that prides itself in taking God out of the equation and promoting children to kill their babies is evil, in my humble opinion. Just because I was apart of something, i.e. public school, doesn't mean I automatically defend it nor am I offended if someone else has strong opinions against it.
I don't work in a Christian company, but I can say I would never work for a company that would promote ungodliness such as a beer distributor or an adult book store.

Yes, godlessness abounds in every segment of our daily lives. Look at department stores that promote homosexual acceptance. Even U.S. law forbids you or your business from discrimination or hate crimes/speech against homosexuals (sexual orientation and gender identity). We parents can't take our children into the world because we have allowed the world around us to make every sin imaginable an every day experience. Schools are no worse than any of the other worldly institutions Christians have permitted to abound.

I would never work for a company that would promote ungodliness such as a beer distributor or an adult book store.

My company doesn't "promote" ungodliness either in terms of what we sell. However, go to any Christmas party or picinic and you bet there is alcohol there. While I choose not to drink it, I can't stop others who are non-believers from doing it. The same as with school. It is your responsibility to teach your children right from wrong, so they don't do the things that is available to them. I'm not against private school, but I'm also not against public school. I think it's a personal right that everyone has to choose for thier family and no one has the right to look down upon families who don't (for whatever reason) have their kids in Christian school. And don't think that "stuff" doesn't happen in Christian school either. Just because a kid goes there, does not mean they are a Christian.

However, go to any Christmas party or picinic and you bet there is alcohol there. While I choose not to drink it, I can't stop others...

Well, the folks we associate with are not drunkards so when we all have parties, there's no booze around. We don't go to parties where booze or social dancing takes place neither. Now, if we were to go to such a place and someone began drinking, if the oppurtunity availed itself, I would and have done it before told them of their sin with Scripture. Then we leave or in that instance, we left.

Well, the folks we associate with are not drunkards so when we all have parties, there's no booze around. We don't go to parties where booze or social dancing takes place neither. Now, if we were to go to such a place and someone began drinking, if the oppurtunity availed itself, I would and have done it before told them of their sin with Scripture. Then we leave or in that instance, we left.

Well I'm glad that you work with people who are so wonderfully behaved, but unfortunately everyone does not. My company employs about 80 people, of all different ages and backgrounds. Some are Christians, but most are not.

Again, I've said it before that people on this website are often so worried about being liberal that they are so legalistic. You can't stop people from doing what they are going to do... and you can't expect a lost person to behave like a saved person. At some point, your children will be introduced to people who are not IB and I hope they know what to do.

Well I'm glad that you work with people who are so wonderfully behaved, but unfortunately everyone does not. My company employs about 80 people, of all different ages and backgrounds. Some are Christians, but most are not.

Again, I've said it before that people on this website are often so worried about being liberal that they are so legalistic. You can't stop people from doing what they are going to do... and you can't expect a lost person to behave like a saved person. At some point, your children will be introduced to people who are not IB and I hope they know what to do.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I am not worried about being liberal or a legalist. I just don't want to put my child in a situation that is so ungodly. Yes, they will be "in the world" to an extent, but this is about me putting my child in the situation. Would you let your child spend the night with a friend whose parents are drunks or abusive? Would you let your child go to a rock concert, after all they will hear that kind of music in stores? Would you let your child go to a picnic where there is drinking? "You're on here so I am sure you wouldn't" But, if we wouldn't put our children in those situations, why would we send them to an institution that is so anti-Christ and promotes homosexuality and abortion and alot of other things. Yes, you might find that stuff in Christian schools also, but there is a difference between promoting it and it going on unawares to faculty or parents. The public school system definately promotes such stuff.

Yes, you might find that stuff in Christian schools also, but there is a difference between promoting it and it going on unawares to faculty or parents. The public school system definately promotes such stuff.

My nephew went to a Christian school that taught evolution. He would argue with the teacher all the time about it.

Christian parents are to bring their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, teaching them the things of God day and night. This doesn't occur in public school where humanism and the things of the world are taught and exampled as good while the things of God are ignored or mocked.

Some children survive all sorts of evil but that doesn't mean a Christian parent should think it's okay to toss their children into the devil's lair.

OK, John, I'm sure you can sponsor some Christian family who can't afford to send their children to private school or don't have the brains to homeschool them. Maybe you can bring over a family from China or Europe who would love to get their children into a Christian school. If it's sin for a believer here not to send their kids to a Christian school or homeschool them then it is over there also. So why don't you help them out.

The Pharisees were good at creating man made laws and then not lifting a finger to help anyone carry them out.

I went to public school and turned out just fine. However I won't pretend I was some angel. At the age of 14 I was exposed to most everything from smoking, alcohol, and boys. I didn't get on track till years later and it was of my own doing. I don't blame my parents because they were uneducated themselves (never went to highschool) and I think they did the best that they could considering their situation.

However I do believe public schools are the evil working of our government to mentally control our children. I have no doubt in my mind. It was bad back in my day but today it's really bad. As much as I support those who homeschool and believe it's the best way to educate our children Biblically there are folks that for whatever reason cannot (or even should not) homeschool. If my circumstances changed in the future I wouldn't hesitate to homeschool.

I believe the things taught in public school are deplorable, particularly the humanistic social engineering courses designed to promote evolution, homosexuality, or abortion acceptance. However, as hard as it may seem, parents still have the responsibility to control their children. I would prefer no child had to go to public school but I don't see how it is avoidable in a great many situations. I will not condemn anyone for this choice but I will condemn parents not willing to buck the pressure put on their children from worldliness.

If you don't have the courage given by faith through grace to educate yourself and provide the truth to your child then keep them behind locked doors. Don't allow them to be witnesses for Christ before the ungodly because they will meet that ugly sinful world while doing it.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

My company doesn't "promote" ungodliness either in terms of what we sell. However, go to any Christmas party or picinic and you bet there is alcohol there. While I choose not to drink it, I can't stop others who are non-believers from doing it. The same as with school. It is your responsibility to teach your children right from wrong, so they don't do the things that is available to them. I'm not against private school, but I'm also not against public school. I think it's a personal right that everyone has to choose for thier family and no one has the right to look down upon families who don't (for whatever reason) have their kids in Christian school. And don't think that "stuff" doesn't happen in Christian school either. Just because a kid goes there, does not mean they are a Christian.

P_Bear141 shame on you! Jesus would have never gone into a place filled with all these publicans and sinners.

Yes, exactly! PARENTS are to bring their children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Not teachers, no requirement is placed on public schools, OR doctors, dentists, grocery store clerks, gas station attendants, mall workers, or any other entities. God gave the children to us and it is EACH INDIVIDUAL SET OF PARENTS responsibility for spiritual matters in living by faith. So, WilchBla you too are correct; it isn't the school failing our children in matters of faith.

That's right, Christian parents are failing by sending their children into the devils lair rather than training them as Scripture says.

Yes, godlessness abounds in every segment of our daily lives. Look at department stores that promote homosexual acceptance. Even U.S. law forbids you or your business from discrimination or hate crimes/speech against homosexuals (sexual orientation and gender identity). We parents can't take our children into the world because we have allowed the world around us to make every sin imaginable an every day experience. Schools are no worse than any of the other worldly institutions Christians have permitted to abound.

Public schools are exceedingly worse than many other things because they have children for 12+ years with the express purpose of instilling worldly, ungodly values and beliefs into them. There is no comparing the effects of a child spending over 12 years being indoctrinated by the world and the devil to a child accompanying a parent shopping nor of an adult at work.

No one is saying lost people should act like Christians. What's being said is that Christians should act like Christians.

Children need years of training in the Lord so they will hopefully be born again in Christ, built up in Christ, rooted and grounded in the Word before they must face the world on their own. The military doesn't take raw recruits and send them into the heat of battle; they first give them training so they will be prepared for what is to come.

Scripture tells us we are to likewise train up our children in the Lord, day and night, not cast them to the care of the ungodly who will spend 12 or more years indoctrinating them with the ways of the world and the devil.

As for adult Christians, one can work in a company without yoking with those they work with. I've worked in secular companies and maintained proper separation by not yoking with the unsaved and not attending their parties or after work events in bars. Being rooted and grounded in the Word I was able to witness to the lost, make the Gospel known, and stand against becoming involved in the sins of the lost there by His power. We are in the world but we are not to be a part of the world.

Public schools are exceedingly worse than many other things because they have children for 12+ years with the express purpose of instilling worldly, ungodly values and beliefs into them. There is no comparing the effects of a child spending over 12 years being indoctrinated by the world and the devil to a child accompanying a parent shopping nor of an adult at work.

I went to a state school and I learnt a lot of bible texts that I still remember. In those days we had scripture lessons where the bible was taught. John 3:16 was one text. I remember our teacher saying that the words "only begotten son" were important. Today few will accept that. Now they have RE, Religious Education, or they did when my daughters went to school. I took my daughter out of the RE class, because of the teaching. The teacher said he agreed with me but they had to teach it.

I went to a state school and I learnt a lot of bible texts that I still remember. In those days we had scripture lessons where the bible was taught. John 3:16 was one text. I remember our teacher saying that the words "only begotten son" were important. Today few will accept that. Now they have RE, Religious Education, or they did when my daughters went to school. I took my daughter out of the RE class, because of the teaching. The teacher said he agreed with me but they had to teach it.

Long ago the Bible was one of the primary texts used to teach in most schools in America. That was before government control took over and the Bible and prayer were mostly banned from public schools.

I know a few Christians who are public school teachers that talk about how much they are censored now in what they are allowed to say and do with regards to the Bible and Christianity. That's in this rural setting, it's much worse in the cities. These ladies are looking forward to retirement and their heart aches at what is being taught, and what is being kept from, the children.

That's your opinion John. I have an opinion that Christian parents should take their children out of the United States because of the EXACT same reasons you mention above. This nation, just walking around in it day after day, is teaching far worse by literal and visual example. What should Christian parents do, tie their Children to the floor boards of the car when a trip to the dentist, doctor, grocery, etc is required? Should Christian parents lock them in closets and never allow them out the door? Christian parents better do what the Bible tells them and stop blaming the world of sin and corruption for their own lack of responsibility.

That's your opinion John. I have an opinion that Christian parents should take their children out of the United States because of the EXACT same reasons you mention above. This nation, just walking around in it day after day, is teaching far worse by literal and visual example. What should Christian parents do, tie their Children to the floor boards of the car when a trip to the dentist, doctor, grocery, etc is required? Should Christian parents lock them in closets and never allow them out the door? Christian parents better do what the Bible tells them and stop blaming the world of sin and corruption for their own lack of responsibility.

Not opinion, fact, but since you want to play the game of the absurd rather than consider Scripture and reality there is no point in attempting a discussion.

It's not the fault of godless public schools that children are corrupted by the devil, we should expect no less from a godless institution set forth to turn children away from God, it's the parents fault for sending their children to be instructed, trained, immersed and taught in the ways of the world and the devil.

It's not the fault of godless public schools that children are corrupted by the devil, we should expect no less from a godless institution set forth to turn children away from God, it's the parents fault for sending their children to be instructed, trained, immersed and taught in the ways of the world and the devil.

Herein lies the problem. If a Christian parent must send their child to a public school, they better counter all that ungodliness with Biblical teaching, i.e. daily Bible readings and devotions, attending church with their children, cutting out worldly TV programs, etc. etc. But, this is what I noticed growing up, parents are lacking. My mom took us kids to church 3 times a week. Do you know that even the pastor's children weren't in church on sunday and wed. night!! Not to mention the packed sunday schools and children church at the time. None of those kids went either. On most, 95%, sunday and wed nights, me and my 2 sisters were the only children in church. Just us! That amazed me as a young child. Even at a young age I was able to figure out that the preaching I was hearing wasn't what I was seeing. And now today, those kids I was in church with on sunday mornings, where are they? I don't see them in church. Maybe just a couple on occassion. Not all moved away. There are alot still in the valley. Church isn't that important to them and I can see why. They were not brought up with the belief that it was. If we are going to send our children to public school, we HAVE to counter that 25-30 hours of ungodliness each week with the Bible. If we don't, there will be damage.
Now I realize the Holy Spirit is stronger than any public school. And there are plenty kids out there not raised in godly homes that are good Christians today. But this is not the norm. Most churches today have a lot of gray hair, but that is it. The kids that I went to church with that got a little bit of church, they're not even giving their children that.
I pray for revival!

I have an opinion that Christian parents should take their children out of the United States because of the EXACT same reasons you mention above. This nation, just walking around in it day after day, is teaching far worse by literal and visual example.

Funny you should mention this. I was discussing this thread with my wife last night because she asked me if I heard about schools passing out these pills to murder babies. We talked about the sad state of affairs our schools and nation are in, and emotionally she asked, "Isn't there some country we can move to where the Bible is still respected and where were not surrounded by so much sin?" She wasn't being totally serious, but I understand her thought. It is disheartening to see how this country is moving so fast away from God. I still have faith we can have revival in this country that I love. But, we as Christians, need to get the Gospel out there for people to hear.

My nephew went to a Christian school that taught evolution. He would argue with the teacher all the time about it.

Wow! I wonder if my dad was a teacher there. :) He claims to be a Christian but believes God used evolution to get us where we are today. He only went to church twice a month when I was growing up, but he spent hours watching TV such as "Wild Kingdom" and alot of other "science" programs. He feels the scientists have proved that evolution is real; therefore, the Bible must adhere to scientists. When he told me this years ago, I thought this was the goofiest thing I ever heard. Sad to say, I have heard more and more "Christians" claiming this too.

Not opinion, fact, but since you want to play the game of the absurd rather than consider Scripture and reality there is no point in attempting a discussion.

Not a problem John, we'll be together in heaven forever. Jesus will rid us all of differing opinions then because we will all be of the same opinion. See you there.

Hmmmm - I know of a girl who lost her virginity at a Christian school. There was no supervision. None. Because spiritual teens don't need supervision. (huh?)

I know many homeschooled kids who grew up to hate anything to do with God. I know other homeschooled kids who can't read even as a teenager.

I know a young man who feared every day to go to his Christian school because of the mob mentality that was promoted by the staff (if someone did something wrong, it was just understood that his peers were to take him in to a dark room and take care of things). That young man is now grown up and trying to deal with things as he seeks his way back to a relationship with God (Whom he left because he equated God and His dealings with the dealings and attitudes of the "spiritual" staff at his school)

I know a young man who fought anger at his parents for putting him in a "good" Christian school - fed by staff telling him his father (who was a godly man) was a failure as a father, and that his parents were stupid. Hmmm - last I checked there's nothing biblical about that...I do believe any one of us would call it undermining the only TRUE biblical authority in a child's life: the parents. Especially if it happened to us. Oh, but we probably wouldn't know until it was too late, because that type of staff makes it clear that kids aren't to tell their parents what goes on...(and, you know, that old saying "if you don't believe everything that's said about us, we won't believe everything that's said about you" just underlines the idea that your child just simply HAS to be lying about whatever he/she is trying to tell you).

I know a family who has a good number of kids who were guilted into sending their kids to a Christian school (because, don't you know, you aren't right with God if your church has a school and you don't put your kids in there). Well, they went into major debt because of the cost. Wife had to go to work. Hubby did nothing but work. Then wife had to quit work for health reasons. Kids couldn't go back to school due to cost. So wife homeschooled. She has done her best, but there's a lot lacking and the kids will suffer for it later. Now the wife has cancer. Hubby still has to work like a maniac. They can't afford insurance. Hmmm - but they were "obeying God." Funny how God didn't help 'em out, eh?

I attended Christian schools most of my life, so I know firsthand how easy it is to get away with things - not things like talking in class. That's usually caught right away. I'm talking about things like my first statement. And when a school is so lax in their supervision that something like that happens, there are problems. Yes, I know some will say that is just one school - but I went to several all across this country, and taught in some. (In fact, my experiences as a student allowed me to be a bit more hyper-vigilant than the other teachers...and I caught quite a bit of pretty sick stuff going on)

I could go on and on. But I won't, because I think you get my drift.

However, even with those problems, I would agree with one thing. I wouldn't send my child to the public school. BUT! That is in our home, with my husband fully deciding that himself. We homeschooled for years, and then sent him to our church's school. But that isn't a model for everyone, because God deals with each of us as individuals.

When a person tries to use scripture as a cudgel to claim that something that is not absolutely clear cut is Bible and all must follow it or they are horrible Christians, that is wrong. And I don't believe God is pleased. He talks to us in a small, still voice via His Word and His Spirit. He doesn't hit us over the head (unless He's talked and talked and we've run and run...). He woos us.

The head of the household is to decide how the child/children are to be educated. Parental authority runs through the Bible. None of us walks in each other's shoes, and so cannot with accuracy proclaim how each of us is to serve/obey the Lord. Yes, there are specifics in the Bible. But there are also areas that God leaves to the individual who follows HIM, not some man who states "this is what you must do or you're not right with God."

The better part of wisdom would say that, if at all possible, keeping our children out of the public school is the wisest choice. But, as I said, none of us walks in each other's shoes. You cannot proclaim how my home is to be run - only my husband can. And he is responsible to seek God's face for that. I cannot tell you how your home is to be run - the head of each home is responsible to seek God's face for that.

If God leads someone to homeschool, do it to the very best of your ability, knowing that you must give account to God for what He's told you to do. If God leads someone to place their child(ren) in a Christian school, find the very best one you can and be a proactive parent - don't let things get hidden from you because it will come back to haunt you later, and you will have to give account to God for the school you place your children in. If, after prayer and Bible study, you feel you have no other choice but to place your child(ren) in a public school, be proactive again. Do your dead level best to inculcate your child(ren) with scripture, with personal example, and with a whole lot of involvement at the school.

I have a friend who is doing just that. Her husband divorced her (he was totally unfaithful to her) and in the custody battle for the two youngest, he lied about some things. So he was awarded religious and educational custody of them. That means he dictates where they go to church and where they go to school. Needless to say, he nixed any possibility that they would be homeschooled or in a Christian school. So they had to go to public school. They were young and hadn't started school, so they began at kindergarten. But you know what? My friend is so vigilant. She has taught them scripture and scriptural principle consistently, consistently, consistently. And those kids are doing well. They both want to serve the Lord. Unlike one of her other kids who went to live with Dad and went to a Christian school...

And I daresay there would even be some on here who could give testimony that their children aren't all the parent would want them to be for the Lord - whether homeschooled, Christian schooled, or public schooled. (BTW - Christian schools were started to bring revival to this country...didn't work, did it?).

If a Christian parent must send their child to a public school...

It's a choice and not a must right now. TV, cell phones, clothes, extra car, house, job, there's so much that can be done away with to give your child the education that God demands. For me and my house, it's our Academy, for others it's homeschooling (better IMO).