• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chick-Fil-A Will No Longer Give Money To Anti-Gay Groups

• Administrators

Dan Cathy has come out and said they aren't changing. That should actually be the end of questions about it. As to giving to propagate the gospel, I'm sure they do that. As Jerry8 said, that would be labeled hate giving, for sure.

There has been nothing in the Chicago Tribune about this kerfuffle - until this morning, when a small snapshot of Moreno had the caption that he was backing off CFA opening there. Nothing about a letter or anything. I still think it was a tempest in a teapot, cooked up by gay groups trying to get people angry at CFA.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

Merry Christmas to Chick-fil-A! My wife have had many pleasant meals at Chick-fil-A and spend around $10 a week.  From today forward, we are going to fast once a week instead of going to Chick-fil-A and give the $10 a week to the Salvation Army in addition to the normal contribution we make to this outstanding Christian Charity.

• Members

Why would you give money to a group that is not biblical, when you could give some money to a missionary that your church supports or knows, and then you know that the money will go to the furtherance of the Gospel, and not into some organisation which will eat half of it up for the running of their "business"?

I know that the church I go to has a separate "missions giving account" and every single dollar that is given for missions goes the missionaries who are out there preaching the Gospel and seeing people saved: not one cent of it goes to admin and running costs of this church - that is taken care of from the general offerings (and ONLY from the general offerings).

Salvation Army do a lot of good stuff, but they are not God's organisation, the local church, which God commissioned to do the work of the Great Commission.