• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chick-Fil-A Will No Longer Give Money To Anti-Gay Groups

I just called their corporate number and talked to a customer service rep. She said she has not received any official statement from corporate so she can neither confirm or deny it. Hopefully I wasn't getting the run around. She said she's been getting these calls since yesterday and I said you're going to be getting a lot more.

If you had posted the number I would have called it too. There is a list at the Winshape website of those those supported.
Was your question concerning clarification?

• Administrators

I'm honestly thinking there's some lying going on here - by Moreno and the gay/lesbian group that "reported" the news of CFA's "change of heart." Moreno says he has it in writing, but he's not shared it... Here's CFA's recent response:

For many mo
nt
hs now, Chick-fil-A's corporate giving has been mischaracterized. And while our sincere i
nt
e
nt
has been to remain out of this political and social debate, eve
nt
s from Chicago this week have once again resulted in questions around our giving. For that reason, we wa
nt
to provide some co
nt
ext and clarity around who we are, what we believe and our priorities in relation to corporate giving.

A part of our corporate commitme
nt
is to be responsible stewards of all that God has e
nt
rusted to us. Because of this commitme
nt
, Chick-fil-A's giving heritage is focused on programs that educate youth, strengthen families and enrich marriages, and support communities. We will co
nt
inue to focus our giving in those areas. Our i
nt
e
nt
is n
ot
to support political or social agendas.

As we have stated, the Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaura
nt
s is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect, regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orie
nt
ation or gender. We will co
nt
inue this tradition in the over 1,600 restaura
nt
s run by independe
nt
Owner/Operators.

• Members

Why would the sodomites lie about this? It would only make them look bad and Chick-fil-A look good. If anything the sex perverts would want to make Chick-fil-A look as mean and bigoted as possible. I think there is some truth to the OP. Chick-fil-A the end of the day is a business and ostracizing any group of people, including sex perverts, is not good for business. They need to figure out how please both sides. I'm still convinced that Chick-fil-a will eventually side with the perverts because the sodomites (like most liberals) will keep at it relentlessly until the opposition caves.

• Members

It seems the divide is between groups that are political and those which are not. If I understand their stance correctly, Chic-fil-a has a policy of not giving to any group which is involved in politcal activism. It seems now they are reviewing the groups they have donated to and are going to stop giving to those who are political activists but will continue to give to similar groups that are not political activists.

Still, Chic-fil-a needs to put forth a clear statement on this matter.

The truth be, your for them, or against them, that is you stand on God's Word that being a sodomite is a sin, or you stand against God.

It seems clear to me, he is trying his best to appease both sides for the sake of money. Clearly trying to compromise! Have his cake, with very thick icing spread all over it.

Now, I am not saying for anyone to mistreat them, yet to stand with God they have to know that you know that they're sinning against God & should repent, confess, & change. That will not appease them.

• Administrators

Why would they lie? For the same reason so many do. Repeating it long enough causes people to believe it. I don't know what's going on for sure, but I have my doubts that things are as cut and dried as the original articles made it seem.
~~~

I don't see where he's trying to compromise. I posted their recent statement - which is a reiteration of what they've always said, as a corporation. Cathey in no way backed down from his support of true marriage. CFA simply said they would not support political or social agendas. Meaning gay marriage. He participated, personally, in a pro-true marriage event and is being criticized by The Advocate. It isn't any of their business who he helps raise money for.

Tempest in a teacup is what this is. The media blowing something up out of nothing to try and smear Cathey and CFA yet again, IMO.

• Administrators

And from Cathey via Mike Huckabee:

I talked earlier today personally with Dan Cathy, CEO of Chick Fil-A about the new reports that Chick Fil-A had capitulated to demands of the supporters of same sex marriage. This is not true. The company continues to focus on the fair treatment of all of its customers and employees, but to end confusion gave me this
statement:

“There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago. That is incorrect. Chick-fil-A made no such concessions, and we remain true to who we are and who we have been.”

• Members

Chick-fil-A CEO Denies Giving 'Concessions' to Open Chicago Restaurant

Chick fil-A has "made no … concessions" regarding its support of groups that oppose gay marriage, company CEO Dan Cathy said in a statement that was posted online by Mike Huckabee, denying a statement by a Chicago alderman that the company said it would reevaluate its policies in the face of a move by city officials to bar Chick-fil-A from opening a restaurant there.
"Chick-fil-A made no such concessions, and we remain true to who we are and who we have been," Cathy said in the statement. "There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago. That is incorrect."
Chicago Alderman Proco Joe Moreno told ABC News Wednesday that he had received a letter from Chick-fil-A's senior director of real estate saying the company had decided to re-evaluate the multimillion-dollar donations it gives to anti-gay marriage activists and other groups with "political agendas."
"The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas," the letter said.
A representative from Chick-fil-A did not return calls made by ABC News by press time to explain the letter.
While the company memo "Chick-fil-A: Who We Are," released last week, does use language quoted by Moreno, the document goes on to reaffirm the company's commitment to funding pro-marriage groups, although the document does not clarify as to which groups.
"Chick-fil-A supports programs and marriage retreats to help strengthen and enrich marriages. More than 4,000 couples benefit annually from these programs, including military personnel and sports coaches that received scholarships." [ Click here to view the entire company document.]
Previously the company's WinShape Foundation gave money to groups like the Family Research Council and the Alliance Defense Fund - donations that rekindled a firestorm among pro-gay groups. The Southern Poverty Law Center classifies the Family Research Council as a "hate group," as displayed on the group's "hate map."
Moreno raised the stakes last month when he threatened to block the construction of a Chick -fil-A restaurant, a move that prompted Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel to side with Moreno, declaring that "Chick-fil-A's values are not Chicago's values."

http://news.yahoo.com/chick-fil-ceo-denies-giving-concessions-open-chicago-200551778--abc-news-politics.html

• Members

OK, but last night Huckabee made it sound like that they would only continue to be a pro traditional family business but he dodged the question about whether they would continue to give money.

That's probably why they had to come out with this latest statement. They should have put forth a very clear statement on this matter from the very beginning rather than giving the media and attack dogs openings to shoot.