• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Faithful Baptist College?

• Members

What has been your favorite class? Do you recommend taking notes with a notebook or is it easy to retain most of the info? How hard are the exams? Do they require any type of papers to be written?

ANy more info?

I really enjoyed Church History. They are kind enough to provide you with all the notes you'll really need but you can take additional ones if you like. They also highlight the parts you really need to work on when studying for an exam. If you watch all the videos and study the exams normally are not very hard. That said there are some more difficult than orders. I had to write some papers for some classes but some of those I believe now are optional. If you want to take the Masters course you will have to write a final paper.

There are people talking about Baptist Briders. Pastor Warner does believe there have always been Baptist churches even though they were not always called Baptist in name. I agree with that but not all of the online students agree with that and you are not required to believe that. There are people that are not even Baptists that take the courses. Pastor Warner also doesn't believe you have to be a Baptist to be saved.

I really enjoyed Church History. They are kind enough to provide you with all the notes you'll really need but you can take additional ones if you like. They also highlight the parts you really need to work on when studying for an exam. If you watch all the videos and study the exams normally are not very hard. That said there are some more difficult than orders. I had to write some papers for some classes but some of those I believe now are optional. If you want to take the Masters course you will have to write a final paper.

There are people talking about Baptist Briders. Pastor Warner does believe there have always been Baptist churches even though they were not always called Baptist in name. I agree with that but not all of the online students agree with that and you are not required to believe that. There are people that are not even Baptists that take the courses. Pastor Warner also doesn't believe you have to be a Baptist to be saved.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Members

Pastor Warner does believe there have always been Baptist churches even though they were not always called Baptist in name. ...Pastor Warner also doesn't believe you have to be a Baptist to be saved.

Doesn't sound like a "Brider" then does he?

• Members

I find it interesting that some Baptists claim Baptists have existed forever but not always under that name yet they don't acknowledge "Baptist" churches today who exist under a different name.

Much of the efforts to claim a direct line to the Apostles, and thus to Jesus, by some Baptists seems very much like the attempts of the RCC, Orthodox and others to do the same.

• Moderators

Generally, briders do not believe you must be a Baptist to go to Heaven.
The rhetoric usually follows as thus: If you are saved and baptized by a Baptist preacher into a "Scriptural, New Testament Baptist church" then you will be part of the bride. All who get saved and not baptized, saved and baptized by someone other than a Baptist preacher authorized by a SNTBC (see quotation marks above)then you will go to Heaven and will be a guest at the marriage supper of the Lamb (not in the bride).

If your church was the result of a split, it is not a SNTBC; if it was not started by someone authorized by a SNTBC, it is not a SNTBC (EMDA -- essential mother, daughter authority).

If you were in one the above situations and wanted to join a brider church then you must be re-baptized because they won't accept "alien baptism", if you were baptized in a SNTBC and wanted to join their SNTBC then you can join by transfer of letter.

That's not to say that every advocate of EMDA or alien baptism rejection or Baptist perpetuity are briders -- but briders believe all of the things found in this post Edited by Old fashioned

• Members

I find it interesting that some Baptists claim Baptists have existed forever but not always under that name yet they don't acknowledge "Baptist" churches today who exist under a different name.

Much of the efforts to claim a direct line to the Apostles, and thus to Jesus, by some Baptists seems very much like the attempts of the RCC, Orthodox and others to do the same.

Bible believers have always existed, not Baptists. The mistake is made that Baptists have been around since Pentecost (or some say since John the Baptist) because Baptists generally make up the largest block of bible believing Christians. There may come a day where the Baptist label will not be used any more by bible believing Christians because of apostasy among Baptist churches. Edited by Wilchbla

• Moderators

The last two IFB Churches I was a member of, one in NC and the other in MS, did not require one to be water Baptized to become a member of their Church.

Baptist churches that do not require members to be baptized?!? I think they need a new name...

• Members

The last two IFB Churches I was a member of, one in NC and the other in MS, did not require one to be water Baptized to become a member of their Church.

Baptist churches that do not require members to be baptized?!? I think they need a new name...

SFIC had ALREADY been baptized...why would he need to be re-baptized to become a member of another Baptist church? When I got water baptized in a Baptist church in December, 1974, I did not become a member of that church and when I joined the IFB church where we are at now, I was not required to be baptized in that particular church to become a member.

• Members

He doesn't call himself a brider even though he says some would claim him that. There are many definitions when it comes to "Baptist Brider". I find nothing in his doctrine that would cause me to shy away from promoting the school. No one will ever agree 100% with the doctrine of a school. All the free schools I have looked into have much greater problems. Even the ones you have to pay for online I have found have bigger issues with when it comes to doctrine.

• Members

I read on their site that certain practical application credits would be needed to graduate. If one can't do these will they receive anything indicating the work they have accomplished?

I had to give several sermons to small groups and go out to do evangelism. You can complete several classes without doing these things but if you plan on doing a full 4/6 year education expect do some things like this. By the way after each year they do snail mail you a professional looking transcript and certificate.

• Members

I had to give several sermons to small groups and go out to do evangelism. You can complete several classes without doing these things but if you plan on doing a full 4/6 year education expect do some things like this. By the way after each year they do snail mail you a professional looking transcript and certificate.

Thank you, that information is very helpful!

About how many do you consider to be "several" and how are these assignments approved and graded?

• Members

Thank you, that information is very helpful!

About how many do you consider to be "several" and how are these assignments approved and graded?

It was a while since I did the sermons but it was something like 5. I believe they gave a general idea on what the sermon should be on but you had freedom on the specifics. The last one had to be in front of 10 or more adults. With evangelism you just need to go out at least once with your church or on your own to witness to others. With the sermons I gave them a report on what it was on and how it went. With the evangelism you just let them know you went out. Most of the grading takes place with exams. The rest is just showing you have done the required tasks.

• Members

He doesn't call himself a brider even though he says some would claim him that. There are many definitions when it comes to "Baptist Brider". I find nothing in his doctrine that would cause me to shy away from promoting the school. No one will ever agree 100% with the doctrine of a school. All the free schools I have looked into have much greater problems. Even the ones you have to pay for online I have found have bigger issues with when it comes to doctrine.

Yeah, you'll always find something that will be off. But you can't argue with the fact that it's free.