• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Faithful Baptist College?

• Members

I sent in my application to enroll. Has anyone here checked it out? I believe someone here was actually taking classes?

ANyone know how in-depth the classes are? Challenging?

thanks

Did you ask about this on another website?

I tried checking out their curriculum but for some reason I couldn't get their pdf file open with Adobe.

• Members

I'm on my fourth year of classes and plan on taking 2 more years for my Masters in Ministry. Some classes are more challenging than others. Most of the graded work are exams you take which average about 1 a week. Some classes are not worth many credits so they are not as in-depth as classes worth more credits. I believe they have 250 online students currently enrolled around the world and several on location. If you have additional questions feel free to ask.

Did't we determine this was a Baptist Brider Church?

FAITHFUL BAPTIST COLLEGE CURRICULUM

YEAR ONE

1ST SEMESTER 2ND SEMESTER

(4) BIBLE DOCTRINE I (4) BIBLE DOCTRINE II
(3) CHURCH HISTORY I (3) CHURCH HISTORY II
(2) GREEK I (2) GREEK II
(3) NTS: THE GOSPELS I (3) NTS: THE GOSPELS II
(4) OLD TESTAMENT SURVEY I (4) OLD TESTAMENT SURVEY II
16 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR TWO

(4) BIBLE DOCTRINE III (4) BIBLE DOCTRINE IV
(3) NTS: ACTS (3) NTS: ROMANS – 2 CORINTHIANS
(1) PERSONAL EVANGELISM I (1) PERSONAL EVANGELISM II
(2) HEBREW I (2) HEBREW II
(3) CHRISTIAN BIOGRAPHIES (3) CREATION SCIENCE
(3) SURVEY OF RELIGIONS (3) HERMANEUTICS
16 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR THREE

(3) BIBLE TEACHING I (3) BIBLE TEACHING II
(3) NTS: GALATIONS – COLOSSIANS (3) NTS: 1 THESSALONIANS – JUDE
(3) MUSIC THEOLOGY (3) THE BAPTIST WOMAN
(3) PROPHECY I (3) PROPHECY II
(4) BIBLIOLOGY I (4) BIBLIOLOGY II
16 16

YEAR FOUR

(3) CHURCH POLITY I (3) CHURCH POLITY II
(3) PASTORAL THEOLOGY I (3) PASTORAL THEOLOGY II
(3) HOMILETICS I (3) HOMILETICS II
(3) MISSIOLOGY I (3) MISSIOLOGY II
(4) CONTROVERSIAL DOCTRINES (4) CONTROVERSIAL TEXTS
16 16

T
ot
al Credits = 128

CORRESPONDENCE PROGRAM

FOR

FAITHFUL BAPTIST COLLEGE

Updated 07-26-10

1. All the information that is on the website or sent to you is, of course, free of charge. You may reproduce the information as deemed necessary. If you alter it and reproduce it, then please annotate that as appropriate. I am of the firm conviction that ministering the Word of God should be totally free of charge.

2. There are some textbooks that are being used in this college. However, none of these textbooks are ‘required’ for the college. All testable information will be available to you regardless of whether you have a textbook or not. In general, I am trying not to use ‘textbooks’. I tend to draw from a wide variety of information sources…though, mainly from the KJV Bible.

3. If you disagree with any of the information that is presented, that is fine; but, please do not share that with us. As would be the case when a tremendous amount of information is given out, it is very likely that some of it will be unfamiliar, or even deemed in error. But, do pray for us in those areas of concern, if any. We are an independent Baptist church and Bible College; our beliefs may very well be different than yours in many doctrinal areas. It would be prudent for you to begin this Bible College instruction with an open, but discerning, mind. I myself keep learning new things every week, and I keep adjusting old, long-standing beliefs to be more in line with the truth of God’s Word. I have designed this Bible College curriculum to be very ‘meaty’ and not necessarily ‘politically’ (or religiously) correct. I believe that you will greatly benefit from the style and format that is used in this program.

4. The Bible College is located online at www.BibleCollegeVideos.com ; It will require a User name and Password that I will give you once I receive an enrollment form. Videos and lecture notes are uploaded to this site on a weekly basis as we finish each lecture here in Omak. The Year Four lectures are all uploaded; Year One’s will begin on a weekly basis in August. If you have trouble playing the videos, there is a ‘Troubleshooting’ page that will help you hopefully work through these. If there is no solution, then we have a limited supply of 4 Gb Flash Drive Memory Sticks that hold about 8 weeks of college videos that we can send to you; we just ask that you agree to send them back to us in a timely fashion once you have downloaded it into your computer.

5. You may take as long as you like for each of these classes. I would ask that you don’t move too fast or too slow on them, if possible. Thus, doing 4 weeks in 1 week might be too fast, and taking 1 year for 4 weeks might be too slow. My desire is that you proceed at the rate of 1 set of lectures per week, every week. I will try to encourage you to choose this schedule and then to stay faithful with it. We should frequently communicate via emails or on the College Forum site.

6. Testing will not necessarily need a Proctor, though the use of one will keep everything ‘beyond reproach’. It is your choice whether to use one or not. Study Guides for each test are posted on the Lecture Notes page; you should view one when you are within 2 weeks of expecting to take a test. I will email you the test when you are ready. Grading is fairly lenient and merciful, so don’t be too concerned about all this. An average grade received by our Omak College students is posted for each test so that you can get a feel for the potential difficulty level. All tests are ‘multiple choice’. The goal is for you to learn, not memorize every detail. Please keep track of when tests are by following each course’s schedule. Study guide alerts are posted by the appropriate lecture numbers on the Lecture Notes subpages.

7. If the lecture notes and/or the video lecture do not make something clear, please do not hesitate to contact me by email. I am here to help you learn. email: arealbaptist@juno.com phone # 509 429-8413
Again, if you disagree with something, that is fine, but do not share that with me. Though, if you think I may have misstated something and are requesting clarification, that is fine to share with me.

8. In order to receive actual college credit for these courses, all lecture videos and notes need to be watched/read and all tests need to be taken and passed. Also, there are some assignments that are in some of our courses (i.e. Homiletics, Expository Teaching, etc). You may take these courses without credit (i.e. audit); the important part isn’t necessarily receiving a diploma, but in learning the Bible and serving the Lord.
The minimal passing grade for any course is a D- , which would be 60%. We grade on a straight scale: A+ 97-100%; A 93-96%; A- 90-92%; B+ 87-89%; B 83-86%; B- 80-82%; C+ 77-79%; C 73-76%; C- 70-72%; D+ 67-69%; D 63-66%; D- 60-62%; F 0-59%.
You can ‘retake’ an exam that you might have done poorly on. The maximum grade that you could get, however, is a “C”…even if you received 100% on the retake. You can retake an exam as many times as necessary. Thus, theoretically, you could guarantee yourself to get at least a “C” average for this college.

9. Certificates will be mailed out for any course that is successfully completed. Formal Transcripts will be kept with all Exam grades for each course. You can request a copy of your transcript at any time. I should be able to send transcripts every semester. There will be a formal graduation here in Omak for anyone completing all 4 years. They will be awarded a diploma for a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology. We are not accredited with any governmental or private accreditation organization. But, we firmly believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has accredited us! Just because a ‘college’ is not ‘accredited’ does not mean that it is inferior. Accreditation is only important if the one who is evaluating your college deems it to be so. Thus, for pursuing a career in the ministry, or even in the ‘secular’ world, accreditation is only an issue if the ‘employer’ (church) deems it to be so. In most Independent Baptist churches, accreditation is not an important issue.

10. Plans are being made for starting a Master’s Program in the next year or two. We will be associated with Salt Lake Baptist Bible College for this. We will start once we have a student that has completed the B.A. in Theology with us. Then, onward for a Doctorate degree for those still in the pursuit for further knowledge!

• Members

I signed up for the courses some time back.

I had been going through the courses when I came across Year 2, Bible Doctrine IV Lecture 9 Ecclesiology - Membership.

In it, I read the following paragraph:

As a Christian, you are not automatically made a member of Christ’s body. You must be “added” to Him. You don’t “join” it. You can join clubs, lodges, teams, and all those false religious assemblies, but you can not “join” the Lord’s assembly (church). You are “added” through “scriptural baptism” [act 2:41,47]; this is the ‘door’ to membership. It requires one to be truly saved, truly repentant, agreeing with the church’s belief, and desire to be a member of it.
Membership is to be as it “pleases” the Lord [1Co 12:18]. It is not so much “your” decision, but God’s. How does one know if the prospective member will ‘please the Lord’ to be added? It at least means that that ‘candidate’ is to be pleasing to the Lord themselves; that they will agree with and unite with that church and serve faithfully and cheerfully with all that the N.T. states a church should be doing. This certainly would please the Lord. But, anything less, might not.

Wait! A Christian is not a member of Christ's body until he or she is baptized? This doesn't set right with me. If Mr Warner is saying one is not of Christ until one is baptized, then they are adding works to grace. If he is saying one has to be Baptized before in order to join the local Baptist body of Believers, then he is indeed teaching a "Brider" doctrine.

I must add that some time back, an email was sent to Mr Warner asking him if he was a Brider. His reply to the sender was that he did not know what a "Brider" was. I found that reply strange, and possibly deceptive, coming from a person who is teaching a Bible College. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

We are baptized into Christ's body by the Holy Spirit, not water Baptism, so I must assume Warner is teaching a Brider doctrine when he says we are not a member of the body until baptized.

1 Corinthians 12:13 (KJV) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

• Members

We are baptized into Christ's body by the Holy Spirit, not water Baptism, so I must assume Warner is teaching a Brider doctrine when he says we are not a member of the body until baptized.

1 Corinthians 12:13 (KJV) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

But in th quote from his class above you wrote "spiritual baptism" to get into the church. To me that would not be water baptism. However when we look at "Baptism" to be a member of a church, there are many many Baptist churches that require you to be baptised to become a member of the church. Matter of fact all the Baptist churches I know require you to have been baptised or get baptised to be a member of their church. and that includes IFB, and SBC baptist churches.

• Members

I'm on my fourth year of classes and plan on taking 2 more years for my Masters in Ministry. Some classes are more challenging than others. Most of the graded work are exams you take which average about 1 a week. Some classes are not worth many credits so they are not as in-depth as classes worth more credits. I believe they have 250 online students currently enrolled around the world and several on location. If you have additional questions feel free to ask.

What has been your favorite class? Do you recommend taking notes with a notebook or is it easy to retain most of the info? How hard are the exams? Do they require any type of papers to be written?

ANy more info?

• Members

But in th quote from his class above you wrote "spiritual baptism" to get into the church. To me that would not be water baptism. However when we look at "Baptism" to be a member of a church, there are many many Baptist churches that require you to be baptised to become a member of the church. Matter of fact all the Baptist churches I know require you to have been baptised or get baptised to be a member of their church. and that includes IFB, and SBC baptist churches.

No, the quote SFIC mentions is definitely brider doctrine. We are automatically baptized in the church at salvation. The author just thinks that water baptism is spiritual baptism.

That being said this doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't join the institute. Just don't swallow everything they teach without examining the scripture for yourself. Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

SwordoftheLord,

The Lectures are all on the website in written form and most are in video format so one can watch them. What is stated in the videos is basically the same as what is in written form. The lectures are very easy to follow, especially when listening while reading the notes.

I have all of the written lectures downloaded to my iPad for quick reference if needed.

• Members

Actually, it says Scriptural baptism, not Spiritual baptism. And one can clearly see that when Warner is speaking of Scriptural Baptism, he is speaking of water Baptism.

The last two IFB Churches I was a member of, one in NC and the other in MS, did not require one to be water Baptized to become a member of their Church. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

Is it Baptist Brider? What did they say to make you think this?

That's why I asked. I think they place a strong emphasis on baptism and who can perform it but maybe that is all we determined. There is an old post about the church and school somewhere from two years ago approx. I'll try to find it.