• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Wilchbla

I Need A Job

I usually don't ask for prayer requests in forums because, honestly, I don't think anyone really will pray. There is too many other things going on to pray about in your daily life. But I seriously need a job big time. I've been without one for too long and even though I've put out tons of applications and resumes I'm getting nowhere and I'm really depressed and about to lose my shirt. So if you remember just ask God to help me out here, that's all. I had one interview yesterday for an armed security job and one coming up on the 25th for delivering Pepsi to the stores but that's about it. Not even Manpower has found anything for me.

That's because you're a mean, hateful, Christian. Why if you wore pink shirts, had lots of tattoos and an Iphone stuck to your head, the world would be your oyster!

My prayer life leaves something to be desired but even I have prayed for YOU before buddy.

I keep looking out my window for the tow truck and the electric company too. It's nearly impossible for me to get a job in a good economy; since Obama was elected I was offered one job and took it that eventually cost me more than I made in the end, leaving me with a damaged vehicle and a bum knee.

Our needs are so great, greater than they've ever been and yet God is good. Not talking just about my family and I, but all of you here at onlinebaptist and at my local church. In my 42 years I've never seen people around me suffering so much. We have little to eat, need clothes, car repairs, no insulin for my diabetes, almost out of blood pressure meds, are behind in all of our utilities yet know that the Lord loves us and will never forsake us.

Despite our hardships, they're nothing compared to those experienced by members of my church who as children suffered under Hitler AND the Communists during WW2.

My eyes well up reading posts such as these hearing how so many are suffering with even the most simple needs. It's such a stress and everyone I speak to is feeling it. I am scared every day that I might be let go and lose my job. Life is far more expensive these days with the jobs not getting better (& salaries not going up) it makes for a very stressful situation. Just as you think nothing can get worse... wham! something smacks you right off your feet. But you get through it because you've become stronger. You've learned how to make the decision, "do I really need this? Can I go without this? How can I stretch what I have?"

You (as well as anyone else here) are in my prayers. Yes I REALLY do pray for people who ask!! I will pray for you Brother!!

Prayers.

That is one thing I always disliked doing, job hunting, the last 2 public jobs I had I did not apply for.

The next to the last one a man came to my house offering me a job, it lasted about 4 years.

The last job I had one afternoon at a coffee shop a man asked me to come by the next morning that he had a part time job I might be interested in, that part time job lasted about 8 years.

That's because you're a mean, hateful, Christian. Why if you wore pink shirts, had lots of tattoos and an Iphone stuck to your head, the world would be your oyster!

:lol: A few days ago I told my mom that maybe I should get some piercings, tattoos, shave my head, then I could get a job.

I was encouraged by someone from the older generation to go back to one job I had an interview with and let them know I'm still available and interested. She said this shows you are a real gung-ho type of person and are serious about the job. Well, the boss at the place seemed put off that I came back. I could tell right away he didn't look happy. Sure enough my brother told me he just read that don't do that anymore these days. It's kind of like how once upon a time it was expected of you to hold a door open for a lady or call them "ma'am" yet today many women get offended by this.

I got my rejection email from the them yesterday. Edited by Wilchbla

Praying for you Wilchbla. Don't know the area you live in, but if you like security work, try the local hospital. That's what I do and God has been good enough to really bless it. Best of luck in your job search.

I live right across the street from the hospital and have applied three times there. Twice for security and once for a driver who takes the elderly to their appointments. I have eight years experience in security and corrections. Rejection. I didn't qualify.

I applied for a job at a Walmart distribution center over near where my dad lives. I use to deliver groceries by tractor-trailer from that DC. I applied for a job stacking boxes on pallets to be loaded in the back of the trucks. They said they would have to see if I was qualified. I told them I delivered your groceries for 4 years and I know how you ship them. Many times I actually had to restack them because they did a poor job of it (I didn't tell them that). Well, I didn't get the job. I guess I didn't qualify to stack boxes that I already knew how to stack. Edited by Wilchbla

The big corporations now have tests that applicants have to take that determine what kind of person they are. I'm convinced after having taken dozens and not been hired, and seen their employees, that they are designed for hiring liberal thinking type people. If you're Bible Believing Christian or remotely conservative and it shows on the tests, you won't be the right fit at their company.

In the last 9 nine years I've been offered only 2 jobs and both were a small Mom and Pop type company. Maybe you should focus on those businesses?

I live right across the street from the hospital and have applied three times there. Twice for security and once for a driver who takes the elderly to their appointments. I have eight years experience in security and corrections. Rejection. I didn't qualify.

I applied for a job at a Walmart distribution center over near where my dad lives. I use to deliver groceries by tractor-trailer from that DC. I applied for a job stacking boxes on pallets to be loaded in the back of the trucks. They said they would have to see if I was qualified. I told them I delivered your groceries for 4 years and I know how you ship them. Many times I actually had to restack them because they did a poor job of it (I didn't tell them that). Well, I didn't get the job. I guess I didn't qualify to stack boxes that I already knew how to stack.

Hey, you could always enlist! :nuts: j/k

I usually don't ask for prayer requests in forums because, honestly, I don't think anyone really will pray. There is too many other things going on to pray about in your daily life. But I seriously need a job big time. I've been without one for too long and even though I've put out tons of applications and resumes I'm getting nowhere and I'm really depressed and about to lose my shirt. So if you remember just ask God to help me out here, that's all. I had one interview yesterday for an armed security job and one coming up on the 25th for delivering Pepsi to the stores but that's about it. Not even Manpower has found anything for me.

I'll keep you in my daily prayers keep me updated.

I prayed for God to meet this need. Edited by 1Tim115

I prayed earlier this afternoon when I noticed the title of the thread as I was shutting my computer down. I will continue to pray.

We are to bear one anothers burdens, share one anothers joys and sorrows. Lifting folks up in prayer is a blessing God grants us so we can be a part of His workings. Never hesitate to ask for prayer, it can make all the difference.

The big corporations now have tests that applicants have to take that determine what kind of person they are.

They definitely are looking to fill a quota. Most applications I've filled out have "diversity tests" now. Also, I read in the classifieds a job for a dump truck driver and it said they encouraged women and minorities to apply. I also know for a fact that Walmart now has a computer do the hiring. I was told this by someone who is a manager in the warehouse I mentioned before.

Just wanted to check in and see if there was anything new in the job search. Due you live in a rural area or are there lots of businesses to increase your possibilities?

Just wanted to check in and see if there was anything new in the job search. Due you live in a rural area or are there lots of businesses to increase your possibilities?

Thanks for asking. I live in a city of 75,000. I just moved here a few months ago to take care of my mom.

The one job told me if I don't hear from them by Tuesday to call them back. This usually means I didn't get the job. I know the code words and phrases they use now when they don't want you. They'll say stuff like, "this is just the first round of the interview" or "we'll see if you are qualified". In all honesty, I can usually tell within the first 30 seconds if they are interested in me or not. It really comes down to whether they like you or not and how quickly you hit it off with them. More than how much you know, your qualifications or how nice of a resume you have it comes down to whether they like you or not.

Thanks for asking. I live in a city of 75,000. I just moved here a few months ago to take care of my mom.

The one job told me if I don't hear from them by Tuesday to call them back. This usually means I didn't get the job. I know the code words and phrases they use now when they don't want you. They'll say stuff like, "this is just the first round of the interview" or "we'll see if you are qualified". In all honesty, I can usually tell within the first 30 seconds if they are interested in me or not. It really comes down to whether they like you or not and how quickly you hit it off with them. More than how much you know, your qualifications or how nice of a resume you have it comes down to whether they like you or not.

I've noticed in many cases as I've grown older they don't want mature workers as much as they used to. In years past they liked the mature workers but today it seems they want younger workers wlling to work for less and who are more compliant.

I actually had an interviewer tell me once they didn't want someone in the position I was applying for who would speak their mind. They wanted someone who would do as they were told, right or wrong, and would cover the boss at all times, right or wrong. Since I had worked there for some time they knew which one I was and they gave the supervisory position to a young college drop-out who had only been working there for a couple of months.

I've noticed in many cases as I've grown older they don't want mature workers as much as they used to. In years past they liked the mature workers but today it seems they want younger workers wlling to work for less and who are more compliant.

I actually had an interviewer tell me once they didn't want someone in the position I was applying for who would speak their mind. They wanted someone who would do as they were told, right or wrong, and would cover the boss at all times, right or wrong. Since I had worked there for some time they knew which one I was and they gave the supervisory position to a young college drop-out who had only been working there for a couple of months.

You might be right. Maybe they figure that at my age I should have my own business or already be a supervisor somewhere. Since I'm not maybe something's wrong with me.

It's simple. Younger workers are willing to do more work for much less money. They rather have someone with little to no experience and pay them pennies instead of someone with experience who will do the job with high standards for regular wage. We are a money hungry country that puts no value on QUALITY rather value goes to QUANTITY.

Just look at anything that is made... it's junk.

You might be right. Maybe they figure that at my age I should have my own business or already be a supervisor somewhere. Since I'm not maybe something's wrong with me.

Absolutely nothing wrong with you! Plus you really are young it's not like you've 75 years old :coverlaugh: . We're in tough times now and it's not easy for many folks. Just try hard to be optimistic each day. I know it's hard because there are days I wonder if G_d is just enjoying torturing me or if there is a real lesson behind it all. Looking back there has always been a lesson learned even through my worst experiences.

I prayed for you tonight and will continue to ask that you are given a job.

Blessings & Peace

Wilch - have you considered starting your own business? Do you enjoy working outside? Could you do lawn work? It wouldn't be too expensive to start up. Something of that nature? Of course, you have probably already considered something like that. I just had the thought...