• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kj Bible College

• Moderators

You didn't ask if they were or not -- you asked if any that claim to be KJ did these things.

Question answered.

It's kind of like trying to state, "Here's what ALL Baptist believe, what ALL Methodist believe, or ALL Pentecostals believe". I know a Pentecostal church that believes that all saved speak in tongues and one that doesn't, a Methodist church that believes in eternal security and one that doesn't, a Baptist church that is KJVO and one that isn't.

• Members

I studied for a while through TBDI (http://www.tbdi.org/)and I know they are a KJB only college yet I can't remember ever been told catergoriaclly not to. I personnally will not use a dictionary or lexicon to get the meaning of a paasage or behind a word as I beleieve the context of the passage will always supply the required meaning - this is plain understanding of english - if the meaning is not immediatly obvious a little digging in the chapter will reveal it every time. I will however use them to get a little historical background to the author or setting for some deeper understanding if required.

I personally believe the KJB is plain enough without creating confusion from the opinions of others.

• Members

May I ask, if they claim their exclusively KJ yet they go to the Greek, teach Greek, can they be what they say they are.

I know many of our posters are KJ only, yet some still go back to the Greek some, & others quite a bit, maybe a few, never.

OK, I've never been to a college but I have owned tape recordings of classes taking place in a bible institute (KJV Only). The teacher said they taught Hebrew and Greek for a couple reasons:

1) Like I mentioned before in another post, because most Christians won't give you the time of day if you don't know these things. If you don't sound educated or know the "original languages" they won't listen to you.

2) So you can debate the bible scholars on their own level.

3) To prove that at the end of the day that the bible correctors really don't care what the original languages say or what the manuscript evidence reveals.

4) To strengthen the believers faith in the preservation of the word of God. Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

I studied for a while through TBDI (http://www.tbdi.org/)

This is a very good school. I've been to a revival at Dr. Estep's church where Dr. Peacock was one of the preachers and I can still to this day 17 years later remember the message he preached. Also, the best book I've ever owned on dispensationalism was written by Dr. Walker.

I will use a lexicon to give me the meaning of proper names and that's it. Edited by Wilchbla

• Administrators

Yep, some of the KJB colleges do teach Greek - and even Hebrew! :bigshock: The one my hubby attended does teach Greek. And, in fact, the dean of that college has his master's in ancient languages (concentrating on Greek and Hebrew). And he's never attempted to "correct" the KJB, and he is strongly KJB.

If the purpose of learning Greek or Hebrew were to correct the KJB, that would be error. But there is no sin in learning those languages. I know when I took Greek in college it was simply because I wanted to learn the language - not to correct anything. The Greek my hubby had wasn't for correcting, either.

I think we have to be careful of a reverse type of snobbery...again, learning those languages is not a sin. Nor is it a sin to desire to look up the meaning of a word. Ba-ruther!

• Members

Wilchbla - agreed, excelent school but far more focused on teaching how to preach and rightly divide the Word than on "theology". More a focus on hands on than head knowledge. And though I have no problem using Hebrew and Greek and the studies of other great men - I will never take my doctrine or understanding of God's Word from them - this comes from His preserved Word - the KJB. I know the Baptist college here in SA no longer teaches that we are to be taken up and some of the other founding doctrines. But then a lot of the baptists lost the plot years ago.

• Members

Wilchbla - agreed, excelent school but far more focused on teaching how to preach and rightly divide the Word than on "theology". More a focus on hands on than head knowledge.

Yes, if I remember right it was a requirement to go soul winning even if you took their correspodence course.

• Members

Yes, if I remember right it was a requirement to go soul winning even if you took their correspodence course.

Every Saturday - oh how my flesh cringed - led more to the Lord in that short period than in my whole life. Had the pleasure of meeting Dr Peacock when he visited South Africa and hearing him preach in the flesh was a blessing - very unnassuming and humble man.

• Members

I studied for a while through TBDI (http://www.tbdi.org/)and I know they are a KJB only college yet I can't remember ever been told catergoriaclly not to. I personnally will not use a dictionary or lexicon to get the meaning of a paasage or behind a word as I beleieve the context of the passage will always supply the required meaning - this is plain understanding of english - if the meaning is not immediatly obvious a little digging in the chapter will reveal it every time. I will however use them to get a little historical background to the author or setting for some deeper understanding if required.

I personally believe the KJB is plain enough without creating confusion from the opinions of others.

:amen:

I'm in agreement with you.

There was a time I was not, I thought it was good to use Strongs & such. But when you start using Lexicons thus saying this word is not the right word, this one is, them your changing the meaning of the KJ Bible, & your not really a KJ Bible only.

I do think its great to use the Webster's 1828 Dictionary, much better than using a modern Webster's.