• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baptist Bride

• Members

Where is that site for the 'free degree' from the school on the West Coast, they have very similar requirements.

​They apparently have moved from Washington to Texas? It's the same school though, because I recognize the Pastor's name...and the site says they are formerly from Washington.

http://biblecollegevideos.com/

They are Baptist Briders. I emailed the pastor a couple of years ago (at another's request) to find out if they are Briders. It took 3 emails before he finally said that they are. I had to say the right words so that he couldn't dance around word-meanings before he did finally admit it. 

• Members

​They apparently have moved from Washington to Texas? It's the same school though, because I recognize the Pastor's name...and the site says they are formerly from Washington.

http://biblecollegevideos.com/

They are Baptist Briders. I emailed the pastor a couple of years ago (at another's request) to find out if they are Briders. It took 3 emails before he finally said that they are. I had to say the right words so that he couldn't dance around word-meanings before he did finally admit it. 

I start​ed taking some of their courses, they were pretty good. However, it was pretty easy to see they are/were Briders. I found their orig. statement of faith, there is a lot of good in it but, then this..."that baptism is to be performed under the authority and approval of one of the Lord’s churches (i.e. unapostated Baptist churches);  that those baptized differently than previously stated, should not be received into the membership," Who determines the "unapostated" "Baptist" church? I believe I have most of their documents saved to my harddrive.

Statement_of_Faith_Faithful_Baptist.doc

• Members

I've known a few Baptists who weren't Briders but their practices were very similar. If a person wasn't baptized by a Baptist pastor they knew and approved of, they considered their baptism to be unacceptable. Some would go so far as to question the salvation of any person baptized by a non-approved Baptist pastor.

It's so easy for various things to creep into a church and become unquestioned tradition held to as if biblical fact.