• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kitagrl

Ya Think? (II)

This article is almost funny!!! Self-esteem is way over-rated. Don't get me wrong, I think kids should be confident, and I think parents should rear them to be. But overconfidence is a real bad thing - especially when they have nothing about which to be overconfident!

Its sad! haha. I see it in the stores so much...these sicky sweet as honey voices pleading with their small children. Gracious. Kids are not porcelain vases....they are people...and can be dealt with as such, whether positively or negatively. Kids should be raised to understand the facts of life rather than be sheltered from anything negative.

The only conservative professor I had in university said self-esteem is telling people they are better than they are or that they've done great when they haven't just so they'll feel good. It's all about feelings without regards to what a person actually does.

Better for people to learn self-respect and such from actually doing good and conducting oneself well. Why reward the well-behaved student and the trouble makers equally and fill their heads with the idea they are all just wonderful? (for example)