• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Anderson beaten at Border

• Members
The stated purpose of tasers is for them to be used in cases where it would otherwise be necessary to use a gun.

Actually this is not true. The Taser is a non-leathal form of defence. It is to be used at the same level as pepper spray. Officers are trained to never use a non-leathal weapon when leathal forms are required, unless when using the non-leathal weapon, they are backed up by another officers with a leathal option.

Go to www.taser.com and see Taser Internationals website. Lots of good articles and information.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

You know, it is just possible that, given S. Anderson's obnoxiousness and baiting, they could have really felt they were in danger. Again, this was not the first time he'd done this!! He traveled that route more than once and (in other videos he made) was absolutely awful. Who's to say that, because he was coming through there often and always belligerent, that something wasn't up with him?

It's kinda like that Rodney King video. The police were excorciated for beating him...and no-one wanted to admit that the guy was high and fighting everyone of those officers. Granted, Anderson wasn't getting out of the car - but you still don't know WHAT he said to them before he began recording - or, at least, what he allowed us to hear.

Very likely the taser was used because Anderson was so openly hostile to them - and for all they knew, he had a gun in there somewhere. He got what he was asking for. And he's loving it - putting it on Youtube. He's a disgrace to the pastorate and the cause of Christ.

• Members
The thing that worries me here is the apparent consensus that if a person acts a bit crabby or isn't a perfect model of submission then they should expect to have their windows put through, get tazed and have their face cut up by the authorities.

Remember, he was placed under arrest. Then he would not get out of the car. I would have shattered his window also, and probably tased him. Looking back through history, many officers have lost their lives in these sorts of incidents by either being shot or ran over. i myself was almost ran over in the line of duty. Once under arrest, you are to lawfuly comply regarless if you think the officers are right or wrong. Had he coooperated none of this would have ever happened. He escelated the level of force, not he officers. An no, I do not believe that makes the officers Nazis. A Nazi would have not told him to cover his face. A Nazi would not have tased him but rather drug him through the broken glass of the window. That would have requred a lot more stitches.

I have been tased. The pain stops when the taser stops. it does not cause any damage. Damage is secondary from falls etc.

Taser Inernational has been sued dozens of times and won every suit, before a jury of thier peers.

Just my persective and having been there before.

DD

• Members

Excellent posting, both of you!

Deputy, I've heard that everyone who uses a taser (police wise) have to be tasered themselves so they know exactly what they are inflicting so that it is not used lightly.

In the video the police seemed to be handling it calmly rather than reacting out of anger.

• Members

Several years back I drove for a trucking outfit that was about 17 miles south of my home town. Several of the drivers, if they would come in from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM would drive over to Texarkana and buy beer, we were in a dry country, them come back and park one the side of the company road, private property, drinking and talking.

Once in a while a State Trooper woudl be around watching things on the highway, set and watch for them coming back with beer and or leaving after they had been drinking. No, I never joined them.

But one day a friend and I got in early, I needed a part for my car so we went to Texarkana to pick it up. Coming back just before I turned into the private road going to the plant for my friend to get his car the wonderful State Trooper pulled me over.

His 1st words when he got to my side of the car was, "What are you drinking?" I replied, "Nothing." He said, "Don't lie to me I know both of you are drinking, that is why you went to Texarkana." I replied, "No, I'm not drinking, but both my friend and I had a coke at the Minute Man in Texarkana when we ate a hamburger."

He them said, "OK, if you 2 are going get smart with me get out of the car." He them asked me to open the trunk. He searched it up and down, them did the same thing in the car, them back to the trunk, them back to the car, them asked me to open the hood, he searched everything he could think of to search, them came and stood face to face to me, right in my face, "I know your drinking, both of you, I know you've got it in your car, your getting away with it this time, but I promise you I will be watching you and I will catch you."

Later after this incident happened I wished that I had refused to let him search my car even though I had nothing to hide. If I had I believe it would have been an ugly site to behold.

While a teenager our local police got to stopping many of us teenagers around town checking to see if we had any thing to drink, and yes they stopped me and found nothing. Late one evening before dark a friend and I got us an ice chest filled it with cokes and ice, parked in a grocery store parking lot. Them we waited for the police to drive by, when they did we quickly took sip of coke as if we did not see him. Yes, he comes flying into the parking lot jumps out, quickly orders us out of my car. Them he looks inside and finds 2 coke cans setting in the front floor board, he smells of them pours them out, tossed the cans down them order me to open my trunk. And of course his 1st though when he saw ice chest was I've got these 2 boys, he pulls every can out of it, but finds no beer. He accuses us of all kinds of things and finally leaves squalling his tires for he is nothing but mad.

There be times when officers of the law on our highways will determine in their mind that someone is guilty, them harass them beyond measure. Sad to say more than 90 % of the time they can do so at their will to whom they please and the law will be 100 % behind them.

One more thing, when they stop you and accuse you of such things and search your car and even your body they will not apologize for being wrong.

Think God all of them are not that way.

But this fellow brought it on his self and it got ugly, he is just as much to blame as the officers of the law.

• Members

I think sometimes police just get sick of all the junk and then a good person comes along at the wrong time and gets it taken out on him. Not right....but still, police are only human and they don't know if someone is good or bad all the time just because they say they are.

We got pulled over one time for "stealing gas". We were on a road trip, my hub and his mom and me and the baby and we pulled into a gas station for a potty stop and snack (no gas). We got back on the interstate and within 5 minutes we were being pulled over. My MIL was totally crying and freaking out LOL. The police were calm and talked to us and stuff and then ran our plates and then found out that the gas was actually stolen out of the station across the street...and when the worker tried to catch who did it, we happened to be pulling out of the opposite side and they assumed we did it. We actually had a tank that was 1/4 empty at the time.

I don't think we looked like thieves LOL but at the same time, they had to do their job.

(And yes it was embarrassing having my MIL howling that her son was a preacher and would never do such a thing and that they have to believe her. *sigh*)

• Members

LOL, great post kitagrl. Oh the memories of the crying folks, and me trying to calm them. Good times.

Yep, Ill admit it, ive lost my temper before. You see, about 80% of the folks the police deal with lie. Therefore it is easy to get that point of view. Thank God, I had the Holy Spirit to Convict me. I went back to the person and appoligized. They accpeted and the situation was delt with.

The Sheriff called me in one day and told me he had recieved a letter. I thought I was in trouble. The letter was from a man who I wrote a ticket to for going 80 in a 55. He complemented me on my politeness etc. I say this not to puff me up but to say that a lot of officers handle things well even though its not seen as being handled well. As Jerry said, there are some real clowns out there with a badge and a gun. The three cops I arrested on internal investigations were just that, clowns in uniform. They give us all a bad name.

Thats why im determined to write this book and share how to work in the negative field of law enforecement and survive it with the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

Personally I feel Bro. Anderson did not make Baptists look to good either.

• Members

Maybe this isnt the place but I have to post this, thinking of crying folks.

I get very upset when I see parents point at a police officer and say to thier kids, "if your not good Ill have him take you to jail". Then we wonder why our kids grow up in rebellion to authority. They had the fear put into them.

Ive seen little kids go hysterical crying when I would just walk by them in uniform in the grocery store from having those types of things told them.

Ok, im done. I feel much better. :smile

• Members

Actually this is not true. The Taser is a non-leathal form of defence. It is to be used at the same level as pepper spray. Officers are trained to never use a non-leathal weapon when leathal forms are required, unless when using the non-leathal weapon, they are backed up by another officers with a leathal option.

Go to http://www.taser.com and see Taser Internationals website. Lots of good articles and information.

Perhaps they have changed their directives. When these first came out one of their main selling points was to claim they would take the place of lethal force, the use of guns, and would not otherwise be used. I'm not sure if this State has changed their regulations for these, but when they were first being used the rules stated they were for use only where it would otherwise be necessary to use lethal force.

Given all the misuses of these devices, and the attending lawsuits, it wouldn't surprise me to learn most, if not all, directives regarding these have been changed.

In any case, thank you for the update!

• Members
Several years back I drove for a trucking outfit that was about 17 miles south of my home town. Several of the drivers, if they would come in from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM would drive over to Texarkana and buy beer, we were in a dry country, them come back and park one the side of the company road, private property, drinking and talking.

Once in a while a State Trooper woudl be around watching things on the highway, set and watch for them coming back with beer and or leaving after they had been drinking. No, I never joined them.

But one day a friend and I got in early, I needed a part for my car so we went to Texarkana to pick it up. Coming back just before I turned into the private road going to the plant for my friend to get his car the wonderful State Trooper pulled me over.

His 1st words when he got to my side of the car was, "What are you drinking?" I replied, "Nothing." He said, "Don't lie to me I know both of you are drinking, that is why you went to Texarkana." I replied, "No, I'm not drinking, but both my friend and I had a coke at the Minute Man in Texarkana when we ate a hamburger."

He them said, "OK, if you 2 are going get smart with me get out of the car." He them asked me to open the trunk. He searched it up and down, them did the same thing in the car, them back to the trunk, them back to the car, them asked me to open the hood, he searched everything he could think of to search, them came and stood face to face to me, right in my face, "I know your drinking, both of you, I know you've got it in your car, your getting away with it this time, but I promise you I will be watching you and I will catch you."

Later after this incident happened I wished that I had refused to let him search my car even though I had nothing to hide. If I had I believe it would have been an ugly site to behold.

While a teenager our local police got to stopping many of us teenagers around town checking to see if we had any thing to drink, and yes they stopped me and found nothing. Late one evening before dark a friend and I got us an ice chest filled it with cokes and ice, parked in a grocery store parking lot. Them we waited for the police to drive by, when they did we quickly took sip of coke as if we did not see him. Yes, he comes flying into the parking lot jumps out, quickly orders us out of my car. Them he looks inside and finds 2 coke cans setting in the front floor board, he smells of them pours them out, tossed the cans down them order me to open my trunk. And of course his 1st though when he saw ice chest was I've got these 2 boys, he pulls every can out of it, but finds no beer. He accuses us of all kinds of things and finally leaves squalling his tires for he is nothing but mad.

There be times when officers of the law on our highways will determine in their mind that someone is guilty, them harass them beyond measure. Sad to say more than 90 % of the time they can do so at their will to whom they please and the law will be 100 % behind them.

One more thing, when they stop you and accuse you of such things and search your car and even your body they will not apologize for being wrong.

Think God all of them are not that way.

But this fellow brought it on his self and it got ugly, he is just as much to blame as the officers of the law.

I've encountered many such...unfortunately! When I was a teen there was a cop in the little town six miles from here. He would stop me every time he saw me simply because he hated the town I lived in and believed that everyone from my town had to be criminals and had to be up to no good in his town. :roll Not once did he ever find me doing anything illegal or carrying anything illegal, but that didn't stop him from constantly stopping me and accusing me of things.

I encountered two similar cops in a college town I lived in for awhile. There is a particular State cop and a game warden in this area that are notorious for such.

What it comes down to is they think the badge makes them perfect and gives them the right to strut their stuff at will. Sadly, they get away with it because the other cops cover for them as does the legal system.

• Members

I think it depends on the states John. I know Florida empoys the taser at passive resistance, (what Anderson was doing by not getting out of the car.) Oregon employs it at static resistances (actual physical resistance.) Not getting out of a car can be interpeted at static resistance depending on the circumstances.

They have been used in deadly force situations, but the direct training is to use in non-leathal situations. A leathal situation would be for example. A man has a knife to his own throat threatening suicide. You would sneak up behind him or get within 25 feet and taser him.

I also for got to address katagrls question. Do officers get tased? Yes, before you can carry one you have to "ride the lightening" as we called it. I was an instructor for 6 years. Ive been tased and have tased all the deputies I trained. My Sheriff even let me tase him. Its also been called riding the buffalo, since the taser will put a buffalo on its knees. The 50,000 volts is not dangerous. AMPS are what is dangerous, and the taser only admits .032 amps. A vaccum cleaner usually carrys 12 AMPS and a wall outlet carries 16 AMPS.

It hurt and made me scream like a little girl, then when it turned off, I started laughing hysterically. I think because it was so different from anything Ive ever experienced before.

If I had the choice to be Tasered for Pepper sprayed. I will take the Taser any day.

Pepper spray lasts for days, the taser lasts 5 seconds.

• Members

I think that's one reason too about the taser...the pepper spray can hurt innocent people...I think the taser is alot more direct-able to one particular target.

• Members
I think sometimes police just get sick of all the junk and then a good person comes along at the wrong time and gets it taken out on him. Not right....but still, police are only human and they don't know if someone is good or bad all the time just because they say they are.

We got pulled over one time for "stealing gas". We were on a road trip, my hub and his mom and me and the baby and we pulled into a gas station for a potty stop and snack (no gas). We got back on the interstate and within 5 minutes we were being pulled over. My MIL was totally crying and freaking out LOL. The police were calm and talked to us and stuff and then ran our plates and then found out that the gas was actually stolen out of the station across the street...and when the worker tried to catch who did it, we happened to be pulling out of the opposite side and they assumed we did it. We actually had a tank that was 1/4 empty at the time.

I don't think we looked like thieves LOL but at the same time, they had to do their job.

(And yes it was embarrassing having my MIL howling that her son was a preacher and would never do such a thing and that they have to believe her. *sigh*)

Susie, You say you and your family did not look like thieves. So please tell me, what do thieves look like? :Bleh

• Members

Susie, You say you and your family did not look like thieves. So please tell me, what do thieves look like? :Bleh

Haha...well, not a mom with a nursing baby in the backseat with a freaking out mother in law defending her pastor son to his grave embarrassment. LOL....