Online Baptist Community

Wisdom Of Oswald Chambers

Oldtimer

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

A quote on today's devotional page. http://utmost.org/

Both nations and individuals have tried Christianity and abandoned it, because it has been found too difficult; but no man has ever gone through the crisis of deliberately making Jesus Lord and found Him to be a failure. The Love of God—The Making of a Christian, 680 R

Amen!

I've had talks with some who claim to have "tried Christianity" or to have "tried Jesus" and found it didn't work or wasn't true. There is no way to "try" Christianity. Either one is a born again believer in Christ, a true Christian, with the seal of the Holy Ghost and Him residing within, or one plays at Christianity while yet in the flesh. Only the first can truly know and experience real Christianity and the power of Christ in their lives. The other is simply walking in the flesh while trying to cover themselves with a homemade ragged blanket they call Christianity.

A quote on today's devotional page. http://utmost.org/

Both nations and individuals have tried Christianity and abandoned it, because it has been found too difficult; but no man has ever gone through the crisis of deliberately making Jesus Lord and found Him to be a failure. The Love of God—The Making of a Christian, 680 R

True, but many of theses never let Jesus truly be their Shepherd. They never let Jesus change them, they were still the old man, with the desires of the old man. If they had been truly changed, they would be a new man, they would have different desires, & they would not want to abandoned their Shepherd.

Psalm 23

1 ¶ The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Quote: http://utmost.org/
Our danger is to water down God’s word to suit ourselves. God never fits His word to suit me; He fits me to suit His word.
Not Knowing Whither, 901 R

If only professing Christians were to take this to heart!

Even on this board there have been those who claim we have to water things down when talking with homosexuals, dealing with women in church issues, when talking about separation, etc.

Whether one of a lost persons main sins is homosexuality or lying, (just two examples) they need to know that God says such is sin, that sin leads one to eternal torment in hell, that the only hope is in repentance, in being born again in Christ according to Scripture.

To not talk about such matters for fear of hurting their feelings or offending them is putting their desires above the will of God. Doing such also shows one really doesn't care for them because they would rather they feel good for awhile about their sins here on earth while every moment risking being cast into eternal hell.

Archived