• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

What's Your Temp Today?

So that is what the temperatures are like for someone who lives under a rock.  :nuts:  It's a good thing that you crawl out every now and then, brother.  :biggrin:

Under a rock can be an unusual place -- if I go 15 miles north I change time zones (everything is an hour later than at home), if I go 120 miles south the same thing happens, if I go 20 miles east - the same thing!

Ran the local high school basketball C teams through the other time zone north of us then back to the west into our time zone for a game in a town (75 miles away, closest run this year) that only has two gas stations (we have 6), one fast food place (we have 3), 3 restaurants (not counting pubs) (we have 7), no Wal-Mart and 3 grocery stores (we have a Wal-Mart and no grocery stores).

Anyway, my phone (which is also my alarm clock) still had the other time zone (from passing back through - it's only 15 miles north of me) so I almost went to work an hour early --- such is life under a rock!!

As of now, Cleveland, OH is -5 Degrees Farenheit.

So that is what the temperatures are like for someone who lives under a rock.  :nuts:  It's a good thing that you crawl out every now and then, brother.  :biggrin:

candlelight I tried to send you a message but it says you can't receive any more? never got that answer before!

Locally the rain stopped this morning & a fresh wind dried out the tennis courts. The wind dropped by evening leaving good conditions for play. 1/6, 6/2, 4/1 & the lights went out. Started raining again 1/2 hour after we stopped playing. 

We are almost there with º1, 1John. It's supposed to be below 0 tonight again though. I for one can't wait til this is over. Both vehicles are in the shop from this. GLOBAL WARMING, WHERE ARE YOU? Lol

I'm thankful for a garage to keep the car out of the elements. I drove out to my pastors home last evening to work on our website. My car was outside in his driveway for about 3 hours and the windows on the inside were beginning to freeze due to the cold. Lots of black ice out last evening.

Some days I wonder why I moved back north, LOL.

We are almost there with º1, 1John. It's supposed to be below 0 tonight again though. I for one can't wait til this is over. Both vehicles are in the shop from this. GLOBAL WARMING, WHERE ARE YOU? Lol

I thought Al Gore said the polar ice caps would be gone by now.....?????

I know, right!?! LOL I guess he should have stuck to the global cooling nonsense he spouted in the 70s.

And then there is that ship that got stuck in the ice in Antarctica that supposedly has scientist studying global warming.....

In north Texas right now it is 38oF.   Brrrrrrr!!  It was 18oF yesterday morning.  I can only remember one or two occasions where it has ever been that cold.  What is so curious is that it was 70oF on Saturday--I was inspired to do a bit of "spring" cleaning because it was so pleasant.  I opened all the windows, turned the fans on to help circulate the fresh air, washed all the curtains, washed the windows, thoroughly scrubbed the floors and just did a general thorough cleaning.  I knew the cold weather was heading in our direction, and I was thankful for an opportunity to air things out and get ready for it.  

It's supposed to be back in the mid-60s again this weekend, thankfully.  I cannot imagine some of the temperatures that you all have had to endure these last few days!!!