• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's Your Temp Today?

JerryNumbers

• Members

We had snow Fri and Sat (they had 9" 50 miles north of us)and the deer I killed had a fairly thick hide.

I'm not ready for snow, maybe never again. I've not got over the over 17 inches we received several back in the 90's & many chicken houses around here fell like dominoes. Lots of chickens died, & lots of money was lost. I had 2 or 3 week old chickens, but mine did not fall, yet it still did a few thousand dollars of damage to the steel trusses.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members
I went hunting this old topic I started 19 July 2012 & found it was down the list of topics, though I would drag it back up on this wintery day.

Sure is much different today 25 December 2012, than it was 19 July 2012.

33.7Âş, been sleeting for about 30 minutes are so, its began to build up on the windshield of our car that I can see while setting here at my computer.

We were going to leave for Linda's brothers house at 3:00 PM, her other brother & family was suppose to be there as well. Yet at about 2:00 PM we decided to stay home & stay safe. I’ve had quite a lot of experience in driving many miles in all sort of different bad weather conditions & weather has never really stopped me. In my younger years I would not have given it a 2nd though, we would have been off driving in what ever weather may come. But in my older years I give it 2nd thoughts.

Now it seems to be trying to turn into snow. The last few minutes we have heard of several wrecks on our scanner, a good day to be & stay for old people to stay inside in a warm dry place. Young ones too!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas evening.

• Members

My mobile phone says 9 C. but it has been saying that for the last week. It was fairly mild today, though.  I thought we would have a rain free day at last, but just after 3.00 this afternoon, it started raining heavily and has continued for the last three quarters of an hour/

• Members
So your enjoying the calm before the storm!

The snow has begun, not quite 1 inch "yet."  Me thinks this winter up here will be much snowier than last winter.  We are still under a winter storm warning, still calling for 8-12 inches by tomorrow morning.

Archived