• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's Your Temp Today?

JerryNumbers

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Woo-hoo, we are down to 99, finally below 100!!!

My yard has been brown all month. I've never gone an entire month without having to mow the yard at all but I have this year. It was back in June the last time I mowed and it looks like I won't be mowing until August (hopefully!).

You can buy some green paint, paint your grass, & have green grass.

• Members

We are to heat up a bit more today, 89.1º @ 10:59.

Areas in worst drought categories rise by 50 percent, US says

"We’ve seen tremendous intensification of drought through Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Arkansas, Kansas and Nebraska, and into part of Wyoming and South Dakota in the last week," Fuchs said in the center's statement. Full Story

• Members
Exceptional drought now covers one-third of Arkansas

At 6: Wildfire in Ola burns 1,400 acres

<<"Right now the Arkansas Forestry Service has a 20 man hand crew, 3 AFC doziers and a helicopter in the air at this time.">>

Does the above read as I think it does in that article about the fire?

That's about 90 to 100 miles north of me. If my memory serves me right years ago I passed though this small town going to Russellville, Arkansas to deliver cement to a ready mix plant. It was very stormy that night, hard rain, high winds, lots of lighting. As I passed though this town I thought the street lights looked different, the buildings shadows seem strange, the road seem a bit more narrow than ever before, but I thought the heavy rain, wind, lighting, made it look that way. On the return trip I found out what happened, The store buildings on the west side, quite tall wood frame buildings, 3 or 4 buildings covering about 1/2 a block, were picked up as I passed though town off their foundations by a tornado or heavy winds moving them out to the edge of the highway. Outside of moving them off their foundation there was no damage to them, but several houses west of them were totally destroyed.

• Members

It's now 97 and the sun is getting low in the sky at quarter to 7 in the evening. Supposed to be 101 tomorrow.

The good news is that it's supposed to be in the low 90's next week.

BTW, our average high, this time of year is 90. We sure could use some of those days that cause the average to be only 90!

• Members

Amos 4:7-8

King James Version (KJV)

7 And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.
8 So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water; but they were not satisfied: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the Lord.

• Members

Last night we had thunder storms come rolling though, with much rolling thunder, along with about 1 inch of badly needed rain. Today I had to go to Shreveport, LA for my vision field test, I want find out till later the out come. Part of the drive was done in pouring down rain. Nice. This afternoon it cleared off, sun comes out, temp goes up with high humidity. Feels like real Southern Arkansas summer time weather.

• Members

Cooler again today, but no rain, although it poured for several hours from about midnight.

I did manage to cut my front lawn today, I cut the back on Thursday.

Archived