• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's Your Temp Today?

JerryNumbers

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

76 right now (6:05 am). Was 99 yesterday.
Thank the Lord this heat wave is to break today and rain is in the forecast for later today.

Side note: I grew up on a farm and we didn't have air conditioning. Thus, being able to escape the heat (especially at night) is truly a blessing to be counted. Thank God that He gave mankind the way to escape the heat for eternity.

• Members

76 right now (6:05 am). Was 99 yesterday.
Thank the Lord this heat wave is to break today and rain is in the forecast for later today.

Side note: I grew up on a farm and we didn't have air conditioning. Thus, being able to escape the heat (especially at night) is truly a blessing to be counted. Thank God that He gave mankind the way to escape the heat for eternity.

In my growing up days we had no a/c, no one did that I know of. I believe that hot temps did not bother everyone near as much them as it does now. We have turned into softies setting under our a/c's & that makes the heat nearly kill us.

In those days the movie theater drew lots of people being just an escape from the hot temp for a short time. Most people would shiver while setting watching the movie, I believe it was the 1st place in town to have a/c.

I do recall one of the three 5th grade teacher had a window a/c unit in her room. How I hoped she would be my homeroom teacher, but she was not. It was said she had some kind of health trouble & was allowed this window a/c, & she had to pay the electricity it used. That would have probably been the school year of 57-58.

Oh, the other two 5th grade teachers did not even have a fan in their room.

The 1st time I got use to a/c was while in the air force when I got to my home base. It had central heat & air. They had a set date to turn the heat off, & the a/c on, & a set date to turn the a/c off, & the heat on, & the weather was not always agreeable with the set dates.

• Members

101.2º

Yes, you ought to try high humidity combined with high temp as we have in the south in the summer & you have a problem! Its hot, yet feels even hotter!

Oh, I have....spent 5 years in SW Missouri before returning north. Also spent most of last summer in Amarillo, TX during the drought, and last May and June near Bullhead City, AZ, but at least there it was a dry heat.

• Members

Oh, I have....spent 5 years in SW Missouri before returning north. Also spent most of last summer in Amarillo, TX during the drought, and last May and June near Bullhead City, AZ, but at least there it was a dry heat.

Yes, I've been around Arizona in the hot summer time, the humidity is not near as bad there as it is here. I recall one trip across the desert coming home, the a/c on my truck went out about 800 miles out. That was the hottest 800 miles I ever drove, I felt baked well done before I got home. I generally carried spare parts so that I could repair my a/c, that time it was the compressor, that I did not have & it was Sunday.

Archived