• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Modest appearal

• Members

BTW, according to this article even lesbians consider culottes to be "butch"

May 29, 2007
LPGA Mandates 'Sexier' Clothing

The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), long considered a bastion for lesbian and bisexual (L&B) women, mandated today the wearing of 'sexier' clothing by its members. No longer will fatigues, baggy tee shirts, gang attire, culottes, shorts past the knees and V-neck tee shirts be allowed.

"We we're losing our target TV demographic, said LPGA President and current Senator Hiliary Deverish. "The only people watching were butch and we can't have that. It's not a big enough audience. We need to get the lipstick lesbians as well. We need to look like professional women that you would see on the streets of any major city in the US."

Ms. Dervish, long known for attempting to broaden women's professional golf appeal beyond the narrow confines of L&B women, has tried a number of initiatives in the past to reach out to 'breeders'. She has banned trophies in the shape of dildos, players giving interviews to the press in the nude, spitting and pulling at their crotches while on TV, and close cropped hair. Despite these efforts, the LPGA has been unable to break free of the image of the Dinah Shore Weekend in Palm Springs.

This event, an out growth of the Dinah Shore LPGA Tournament, draws thousands of 'non-breeders' to the Palm Springs area each Spring for a bacchanalian festival. Recent events have rivaled the Coachella festival in size. Hotels, bars, and strip clubs are routinely sold out years in advance. "It's a real hoot," says recent participant Frank Libertine. "I've been out since high school and I love it!" she said.

"We need to discourage this association with the LPGA tour. I mean there's nothing wrong with it but there's also nothing right with it either," added Dervish. "It's sort of left but the butches usually vote right. We're getting lot's of flack from the religious right about this behavior and we need to change our image. The new clothing regulations are a step in that direction."

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh and in case anyone is wondering what a lipstick lesbian looks like that the article refers to, here is a picture (there are many many lesbians in Florida BTW). It is considered to be quite fashionable to flaunt it around here!

story.jpg

And the article that accompanied that photo:

Land of the lipstick lesbians
Showtime's dramedy "The L Word" gives us a cast with an impossibly glossy, positive and superficial sheen.

By Heather Havrilesky

Feb 11, 2004 | When you think of Los Angeles, do you think of palm-tree-lined streets, quaint craftsman homes, and sun-drenched coffee shops filled to the brim with scorchingly sexy lipstick lesbians?

No? Well, you may not know it, but there's a utopia of highly evolved, wildly beautiful gay women in Los Angeles, depicted vividly in Showtime's new drama "The L Word" (Sundays at 10 p.m.). These women spend their days gossiping over herbal tea or reading each other's short stories or descending on a country club to determine the sexuality of a certain tasty sous-chef. From gorgeous coffee shop owner Marina (Karina Lombard) to pro tennis player Dana (Erin Daniels), each one of these women is slim, stylish, creatively fulfilled and emotionally well-balanced. Thus, any drama must arise not from flaws or limitations or, god forbid, anxieties specific to lesbians, but from the world outside their warm utopian microcosm.

Thus, longtime couple Bette (Jennifer Beals) and Tina (Laurel Holloman) are both young and beautiful with minor relationship challenges that aren't remotely specific to a relationship between two women. Although they're trying to have a baby together, neither shows any ambivalence when parents disapprove or when sperm donors back out, except when it takes the shape of a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all emotional unavailability. Another character, the free-wheeling Shane (Katherine Moennig), beds a steady stream of women, promises she'll call, and then doesn't; she's like any stud we've seen before, except she's really, really nice about it. The only truly dysfunctional character on the show, Jenny (Mia Kirshner), is engaged to a man, but is having an affair with a woman, and won't admit the truth to herself or to her fianc

When was the last time you accepted a lesbian's definition? Only when you agree? When you disagree what happens?

• Members

wow, How sad people use "sexy" clothing and women's body to attract attentions. (I wonder if they feel the same way about overweight, older women)
oh well, they just want to appear "cool" . Anything that can make golf look cool.

1. I believe that Christ Following Christians are to dress differently from worldly people. This is an issue of separation. We are to be a "peculiar people" - ie different.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
Deuteronomy 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.
Deuteronomy 26:18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;
Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar

Why not follow the command of the Lord and do the following.

Num 15:38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Num 15:39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

• Members

Wow, this got long fast. lol
I think a lot of good points have been made, especially by Alimantado and the person who posted the picture of the traditional Israeli couple.

I KNOW the jeans and other "women's" pants were made for women. That's been well stated, John. The fact of the matter remains that pants were men's garments.

And if they aren't now? As was stated earlier, tights were originally made for men. From wikipedia: "Originally derived from the hose worn by European men several centuries ago, tights were made as close fitting as possible for practical reasons when riding horseback."

Do you wear tights?

Also, it should be noted that breeches are far different than pants. Breeches are tight and reach to the knee and I would never be caught dead in a pair, unless they were under my clothes, like in the Bible. Pants are far different and much looser, generally. They are a totally different article of clothing which means the Bible is totally silent on them altogether. In that case, culture determines what is male or female clothing, much like tights have become a woman's garment. If you guys are going to argue so hard against pants on woman, you need to start preaching against tights, too.

• Members
Why not follow the command of the Lord and do the following.

2 Corinthians Chapter 5
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

• Members
Janet' date=' I enjoy fashion. I like to buy clothes and dress stylishly. If I'm not immodest, there is nothing wrong with wearing stylish clothing. Jesus wore normal clothes that were common in his time, we don't need to dress like we still live in the 1800's either.[/quote']

As long as you do not try to wear that which pertaineth to women - I have no problem with that! :lol:

Janet' date=' I enjoy fashion. I like to buy clothes and dress stylishly. If I'm not immodest, there is nothing wrong with wearing stylish clothing. Jesus wore normal clothes that were common in his time, we don't need to dress like we still live in the 1800's either.[/quote']

Jesus wore something simialr to a tunic fashioned in accordance with

I doubt he would have wore Roman clothing. I don't really understand why those who talk so much about jeans on women don't insist that people follow Num 15:38

• Members

I also want to add this:
http://www.bookrags.com/research/clothi ... ia-ema-02/
Omudun are pants worn by men and women and constructed by sewing two leggings together with a crotch gusset. Men and women may also wear khoshiya, or wraparound petticoats; when worn by men, these may be hunting and dancing skirts.

In an ancient culture, pants were designed to be worn by both men and women AND skirts were made for men. However, there was a definite distinction in the clothing. Perhaps in western culture, pants were initially made solely for men and were seen as shocking on women, at first, but it wasn't the case everywhere.

2 Corinthians Chapter 5
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

You really have reached the core of the problem.... You think that the new birth is shown forth by a women not wearing jeans. How horrible is that. Horrible

and.... a good ambassador for Christ would not be a women wearing jeans.... Horrible.... Horrible

are you going to start wearing blue in the border of your garments.... if you do.... are you going to make it really BIG like the pharisee's?

and talk about how good you are in keeping the scriptures?

Mat 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

• Members
I also want to add this:
http://www.bookrags.com/research/clothi ... ia-ema-02/
Omudun are pants worn by men and women and constructed by sewing two leggings together with a crotch gusset. Men and women may also wear khoshiya, or wraparound petticoats; when worn by men, these may be hunting and dancing skirts.

In an ancient culture, pants were designed to be worn by both men and women AND skirts were made for men. However, there was a definite distinction in the clothing. Perhaps in western culture, pants were initially made solely for men and were seen as shocking on women, at first, but it wasn't the case everywhere.

Ancient Mongolian China Kevin? Is that the best you got? :lol: