• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Modest appearal

• Members
I'm not being obtuse' date=' I'm making a point. It's easy to say pants are being conformed to the world cause it's based on the preconceived idea that pants are wrong, without a Biblical basis. Yet, why isn't everything else the world does, wrong, too?[/quote']

Yeah Kevin! You're right bro! pst...can ya help me get this Heroin heated up bro.... :) :Green

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never used to know what this verse ment, but I do now...

1 Corinthians 7:34 .... The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

Oh.... enlightened... and everyone who hasn't been enlightened like you are wrong?

Does that sound familar? Ever read about about anyone like that in the scriptures?

• Administrators

So you tell me that an othordox Jew would not abide by Num 15:28??? in the NT? during the time of Jesus???

We know Jesus did .... we read about it in

Do you know what the blue represents and why the border of His garment was important?

Certainly you can find out.

If Jesus wore it.... why shouldn't you wear it?

Seems logical doesn't it...

This the type of logic you continually employ...

Luke 8:44 simply says that He was wearing a robe. It doesn't say the border was blue.

FWIW - Jesus most likely did have a blue ribband, if that was required of all Jews by God. Because He hadn't died yet and fulfilled the ceremonial law.

And, no, it doesn't seem logical. Jesus also wore sandals (or maybe he went barefoot). Do you?

I'm not employing man's logic. I'm employing scriptural principles. Let me know where in the NT it tells us to wear the blue ribband....I'm waiting.

Kevin - expound on what aspect?

Go back and check the verses you present and find out what they really mean, what you are doing is taking verses out of context to try and made that which is an abomination in the sight of God right, which can never be done.

And while your at it remember, they did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to guide them as we do, it did not come until after Jesus' resurrection, God used other methods to keep them in mind what was right in His sight, this is one of them. There were other restrictions the Jews had beside this one to keep them in mind of living holy lives, for instant Leviticus 19:19. Now if we have to hold to any one of these such laws today, them we would have to hold to everyone of them, which would make it a great sin for someone of one race to marry someone of another race.

What women wore during the great wars is not of the Bible, but of man who is fallen and very sinful. We are to follow Jesus, not what sinful women did during the great wars.

You used the word inconsistent, your right, both men and women are inconsistent, but them being so does not give you nor anyone else nor I the right to do that which God proclaims to be an abomination.

Jesus said for us to follow His example, not the example of a mere man or woman.

And certainly you have a choice just as those in the past, you chose with your free will whether to do what is right in the sight of God or not. But its natural for mankind to rebel against God.

You keep saying things like "We are to follow Jesus, not what sinful women did during the great wars."
But you have yet to prove from a Biblical standpoint that wearing pants is WRONG (Though (this is somewhat off-topic), if I had been around in WW2, I would have been strongly against women working in the assembly plants).
You just keep saying it is wrong. You are giving no Biblical evidence. Furthermore...
Everyone ignored a very good expansion of Deuteronomy 22:5 from the Liberty Bible Commentary I posted.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Yeah...thats right... God never specifically said we couldn't do Heroin.....and you can't find my ouija board specifically forbidden and hey, get off my back about the beer, cigs and 4 wives I got too..... lol You guys kill me with your pet sins.... when you gone come to the point where instead of trying to get out of surrendering to live a sacrifical life - your doing your best to get IN? When ya gone come to the point in this Christian walk where instead of trying to figure out how to get OUT from under some Biblical requirements of separation, your trying to figure out how to IN to some of that whole "come ye out and be ye separate" stuff.

You fight and struggle and argue to be part....to fit in....to be like.....to not have to 'give up' anything...and then you label the Christians who do as legalists.... Your definition of legalists is "anyone who hasn't compromised as much as I have".

Some wheat grows so entangled with the tares that the only way to get them separated is to uproot them both at the end.....
Hmmm.....boys don't that just smell like biscuits cooking in the oven right here eh?

Tell me: do you wear a suit on Sunday?
Unbelievers do it; thus, you should "come ye out and be separate".
Correct?

• Members

Correct?

A man wearing a Suit on Sunday is not cross-dressing! A woman wearing a three piece pants suit is cross-dressing! Cross dressing is worldly and sinful. I think this is where people are getting confused - they have seen so many cross dressers in their lifetimes that they do not even recognize it anymore when they see it.

Luke 8:44 simply says that He was wearing a robe. It doesn't say the border was blue.

FWIW - Jesus most likely did have a blue ribband, if that was required of all Jews by God. Because He hadn't died yet and fulfilled the ceremonial law.

And, no, it doesn't seem logical. Jesus also wore sandals (or maybe he went barefoot). Do you?

I'm not employing man's logic. I'm employing scriptural principles. Let me know where in the NT it tells us to wear the blue ribband....I'm waiting.

Kevin - expound on what aspect?

Tell me where in the NT it doesn't tell you to do it?

It wasn't ceremonial. Do you think that was part of the ceremonial law?

Either way. You pick and choose what you want to follow out of the OT and then reject others verses. Why is that?

Show me where in the NT it says not to wear anything that pertaineth to a man?

Same logic

• Members
God never specifically said we couldn't do Heroin

No, and heroin as a substance is not evil of itself. However, we do run into some problems. One is the obvious- it's illegal. Since God commands us to honor authority, doing heroin is a sin. Second, our bodies are the temple of God and it is dishonoring God's dwelling place when we do anything that is deliberately unhealthful to our bodies, which goes beyond drugs and alcohol. Finally, heroin is addicting and no man can serve two masters and placing our bodies under subjection to the drug is taking it out from under God's subjection. So, I would encourage you to stop doing heroin and no, I won't help you prepare it. :wink :lol

and you can't find my ouija board specifically forbidden

I'm pretty sure this would fall under the witchcraft category. :wink

get off my back about the beer, cigs and 4 wives I got too

I don't believe drinking in moderation is sinful so I'm not going to be on your back about that. :wink
I believe an argument could be made against cigars though I don't think they are a sin specifically.
As for polygamy, there are also laws against that one, making it wrong. In addition, the NT says that a church leader is to be the husband of one wife, while listing other things that show he is a man above reproach. Paul also talks about the man being the head of the "wife," singular and never mentions a man having wives. Quite the opposite is implied, rather, when the Bible says that a man will leave his father and mother to cling to his wife.

Being separate means not participating in the sins of the world. It doesn't mean that we should accept a man-made list of do's and don't's to follow.

• Members

Correct?

Because they unknowingly showing respect toward God. In the house where the Lord is most spoken and worshipped, people put away their working clothes, clean their dusty feet that's been in the world, because deep inside, they know God does exist.

A man wearing a Suit on Sunday is not cross-dressing! A woman wearing a three piece pants suit is cross-dressing! Cross dressing is worldly and sinful. I think this is where people are getting confused - they have seen so many cross dressers in their lifetimes that they do not even recognize it anymore when they see it.

I agree; and I made no implication it was.
But he said, "come ye out and be separate". Unbelievers wear suits. Thus, we shouldn't.
Correct?