• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

TheBibleSender

Our End Times Movie In Such An Hour

For those that don't know I have been working on a end times movie for some time. Lord willing we will be filming July 20th 21st and the 22nd after church if we don't get things finished. Please pray for us. We are also looking for someone to preach about a 5 minute sermon. It must cover salvation, rapture and that those who reject the Gospel will not be given another chance. Oh and the Bible verses must be KJV. If you are interested please record your sermon in HD if possible and upload it to YouTube. Then post it at our Facebook pagehttp://www.facebook.com/InSuchAnHour or message it to me and I will upload it. We will then pick which one we like best. God bless. :)

Edited by TheBibleSender

5 Minutes seems to be a tall order, brother. I like most of your points but you missout the Holiness of God, the sinfulness of man, but add the unscriptural rapture. If you made that the return of the Lord, that would be more scriptural.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus will return in like manner they saw him go.

1Th 4:13 ¶ But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Paul tells us, " I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren," Yet some are still ignorant, concerning Jesus coming back for His own, or they just do not believe the Bible as it is written.

Acts 1:9-11 is speaking of the Second Coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 is a separate event that happens prior to the Second Coming. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 is what is commonly referred to as "the Rapture of the Church". In this event, Jesus only comes in the clouds... He does not step foot on the Earth, but rather calls up the Church (Revelation 4:1) to meet Him in the air.

In the Acts 1:9-11 event, Jesus comes all the way to Earth to set up His Millennial Kingdom. This is the Second Coming.

Acts 1:9-11 is speaking of the Second Coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 is a separate event that happens prior to the Second Coming. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 is what is commonly referred to as "the Rapture of the Church". In this event, Jesus only comes in the clouds... He does not step foot on the Earth, but rather calls up the Church (Revelation 4:1) to meet Him in the air.

In the Acts 1:9-11 event, Jesus comes all the way to Earth to set up His Millennial Kingdom. This is the Second Coming.

Acts 1:9-11 is the fulfillment of Zechariah 14:4:

Zechariah 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 Minutes seems to be a tall order, brother. I like most of your points but you missout the Holiness of God, the sinfulness of man, but add the unscriptural rapture. If you made that the return of the Lord, that would be more scriptural.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Invicta,

Why would you turn his request into a debate? If you don't agree with what TheBibleSender is asking help with, that's fine...but to take the opportunity to insert your views in order to "set him straight" in a situation like this is totally uncalled for. He asked for "those interested", not those opposed.

Shame on you.

Invicta,

Why would you turn his request into a debate? If you don't agree with what TheBibleSender is asking help with, that's fine...but to take the opportunity to insert your views in order to "set him straight" in a situation like this is totally uncalled for. He asked for "those interested", not those opposed.

Shame on you.

I am sorry, I intended it to be an encouragement .

There should be a thumbs down button for this post. Edited by Wilchbla

It would be awesome to see a director/producer like a Stephen Spielberg make a scripturally accurate account of the end times. Something with great acting and outstanding special effects. It will never happen I know but just a fantasy of mine.

This post by invicta gives encouragement and what he saw as some possible points to consider. Whether any of us agree or disagree with any of the points, invicta was offering his perspective. Why attack that?

When seeking others input is it better to only hear folks say what we would like to hear or to give us their true input? Better to have true input whether it's something we agree with or not. We are free to accept all, accept part or reject all the input but whichever we do, it's beneficial to know other viewpoints so we have the opportunity to review them, compare them to what we are considering and then biblically (hopefully) accept or reject the input.

I was on a review board for a Christian newsletter many years ago and there was much personal and corporate growth in Christ as we considered many different aspects and angles before making the final decisions as to stories, word usage, placement, etc.

This post by invicta gives encouragement and what he saw as some possible points to consider. Whether any of us agree or disagree with any of the points, invicta was offering his perspective. Why attack that?

When seeking others input is it better to only hear folks say what we would like to hear or to give us their true input? Better to have true input whether it's something we agree with or not. We are free to accept all, accept part or reject all the input but whichever we do, it's beneficial to know other viewpoints so we have the opportunity to review them, compare them to what we are considering and then biblically (hopefully) accept or reject the input.

I was on a review board for a Christian newsletter many years ago and there was much personal and corporate growth in Christ as we considered many different aspects and angles before making the final decisions as to stories, word usage, placement, etc.

No John, no encouraging in that post, only false teaching. False teaching is never encouraging.

No John, no encouraging in that post, only false teaching. False teaching is never encouraging.

False teaching in your opinion Jerry.

I quoted scripture to show that the Lord will return. You have never posted a scriopture to say there will be a rapture. Scripture says Jesus will return and we will meet him in the air.

False teaching in your opinion Jerry.

I quoted scripture to show that the Lord will return. You have never posted a scriopture to say there will be a rapture. Scripture says Jesus will return and we will meet him in the air.

Wrong, I did post Holy Scriptures that speaks of Jesus coming for Him onw, & not settinf foot on this earth.

Hard to deny plain teaching Scriptures.

Invicta wrote "I like most of your points but you missout the Holiness of God, the sinfulness of man". Saying "I like most of your points" is an encouragement. It's also helpful and encouraging that he also pointed out two factors to consider for possible inclusion, both of which are soundly biblical and very important, the Holiness of God and the sinfulness of man.

Every time the Word of God is propagated, you cannot bring out every point. I understand to, sometimes a very short sermon is called for.

The main thing in his post was to deny that the rapture is in the Bible. A post cannot be good when it denies the rapture, & you act as if its just a minor disagreement in points he made. Its much more than that, it was false teaching, there will be a rapture according to the Holy Scriptures.

I agree with No Nicolaitans post, he said it very good saying, "shame on you".

Wrong, I did post Holy Scriptures that speaks of Jesus coming for Him onw, & not settinf foot on this earth.

Exactly, the scripture does not say he will not descend. to earth.

Just because someone disagrees on the rapture doesn't mean nothing they say is worthwhile.

Born again, Bible believing Baptists are not all in agreement with regards to the rapture. Some see the rapture in Scripture, some don't. Among those who do see a rapture in Scripture there is disagreement as to when the rapture will occur, pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib.

Not being in agreement with a brother/sister in Christ on the rapture issue is no cause to dismiss anything they say or to treat them in a dismissive manner.

Matt.24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

In 1916, the explorer, Shackleton, set out to attempt to get to the South pole. Almost as soon as he got to Antartica, his ship was enclosed in the ice and crushed. He took his men and their ship's boats to the sea, when they got there, they killed their dogs for food, then crossed to Elephant Island. After setting up a shelter for his men, including his navigator, he took a boat and some of his men, including his navigator, and set off for South Georgia, about 780 miles away, Where there was an old whaling station, promising he would be back. As he sailed away, one of his men said, "That's the last we'll see of him."

It took Shackleton two weeks to reach South Georgia, and he landed on the wrong side of the island and they had to trek over frozen mountains to get to the whaling station, where he hoped to be able to borrow a ship. Eventually he managed to borrow a ship and set off to save his men. When he got near Elephant Island the ice closed in and for a long time he was not able to reach the island. One day the ice cleared unexpectedly and Shacketon was able to reach the island. When he got there his men were all packed and ready to go. After he had embarked all his men and set off, he asked one "How did you know I was coming today?" The man said "We didn't, Wilde, the man you had left in charge. said every day, 'roll up your sleeping bags boys. the boss may come today' so whenever you came we would be ready."

Have we rolled up our sleeping bags to be readiy if the Lord should come today?

Our late senior deacon said that when he was younger, in the gospel service each Lord's day, the preacher said "Jesus is coming again, it may be today, if he does, will you be ready?"

Are you ready? Are you watching?

Just because someone disagrees on the rapture doesn't mean nothing they say is worthwhile.

Born again, Bible believing Baptists are not all in agreement with regards to the rapture. Some see the rapture in Scripture, some don't. Among those who do see a rapture in Scripture there is disagreement as to when the rapture will occur, pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib.

Not being in agreement with a brother/sister in Christ on the rapture issue is no cause to dismiss anything they say or to treat them in a dismissive manner.

I'm asking questions trying to find where you stand.

So, you don't believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is coming in the clouds, the air, for His own, per 1Th 4:13-18, is that what your stating?

You don't believe its false teaching to teach no rapture?

You believe it is just something very simple that can be agreed to disagree on?

Exactly, the scripture does not say he will not descend. to earth.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Meet the Lord in the air, not on the ground.

I'm asking questions trying to find where you stand.

So, you don't believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is coming in the clouds, the air, for His own, per 1Th 4:13-18, is that what your stating?

You don't believe its false teaching to teach no rapture?

You believe it is just something very simple that can be agreed to disagree on?

The point I clearly made is that whether a born again believer in Christ expects the rapture to be pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, that doesn't effect their salvation. Ones view on the rapture doens't mean what they say regarding other matters is more or less worth considering.

I've posted elsewhere that the best I've ever heard or read anyone expound upon the rapture was what David Jeremiah has put forth.

John is more and more being swayed by reformed doctrine. Too much taking the opinions of intellectuals over the scripture.

I've not addressed Reformed doctrine at all in this thread. In fact, I don't know what Reformed doctrine has to do with this thread. I've not given it detailed study, but from what I have read, Reformed doctrine has the same problems others do, in that those who profess to hold to such don't hold to any one position on all matters. Like Baptists, the Reformed are divided over what various verses and passages mean, the end times, how we are to live while here, what Bible to use, etc.

Please don't jump to unfounded conclusions.

Having said all that, I apologize to Bible Sender for the way this thread has gone, and I will not post further on it. If you wish to discuss it further I suggest you start a new thread.

I'm going to apologize if this is the case.

When I read your post I took it you said the rapture is unscriptural. Now if you mean its unscriptural because it states that Jesus comes only in the clouds, air, I apologize. But your still wrong, when Jesus come back for His own His feet never touches the ground, he comes as a thief, every eye will not see Him, The only ones that will see Him during that event will be the saved. And claiming He comes to the ground at that time completely violate the Scriptures.

Yes, we meet Him in the air, He never sets foot on the ground. Its quite hard to deny we meet Him in the air, the verse is very clear on that matter.